• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty much impossible to know what's going on at the moment. Noticed Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands floating around for $4.99 though.

coopolon

I do not envy the OP. Keeping up to date on these sales is going to be a pain in the ass. My Steam is saying there are 1032 items on sale right now...

Probably the only game that isn't on sale is Bloodlines.

Crateman

Is it safe to buy Civ 5? I've been waiting for quite some time and I skipped the last deal because I thought we would get cheaper during this sale...

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Holy shit. PoP:Forgotten Sands is $5.

And yet I still don't feel like buying it...

:(

MoH was on sale for $23 earlier off of D2D a week or so ago. I'm loving the SP in it. Already on my 2nd playthrough.

coopolon

Crateman said:
Is it safe to buy Civ 5? I've been waiting for quite some time and I skipped the last deal because I thought we would get cheaper during this sale...

Might as well wait to make sure it is part of the dialy deal. That 25% or whatever could just be the everday markdown.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dream said:
...did Super Meat Boy just disappear?
I pray to god I didn't miss this deal, fuck!

EDIT: It's still up for me, but I have no payment method at the moment. FFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Minsc

Gold Member
coopolon said:
I do not envy the OP. Keeping up to date on these sales is going to be a pain in the ass. My Steam is saying there are 1032 items on sale right now...

Probably the only game that isn't on sale is Bloodlines.

Volcynika said:
:lol

Bloodlines isn't on sale.

:lol

Crateman said:
I would wait if it's not a daily deal already today.

Owzers

eznark said:
Pretty sure it is safe to buy Shattered Union

BUT IT COULD BE FREE! 90% off still leaves 10% for the daily deal

bought Shattered Union and PB Winterbottom. Might get PB for my friend too Xo

kennah

Crateman said:
NOTHING IS SAFE EVER.

But seriously, wait for a daily deal, or the last day of the sale on a big name like this one.

iammeiam

dream said:
...did Super Meat Boy just disappear?

I'm getting a full-on featured game ad for it at $3.75, but the site's clearly having massive issues. Search keeps failing, and right now my screen is boasting of 0 games under $10 and 0 games under $5. I think their DB is choking.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
AgentOtaku said:
Medal of Honor was on sale for $45 so picked it up
I grabbed Call of duty:Black Ops for $59.99. The featured games are the daily deals, so it won't be any cheaper, right?

Glix

I double dipped on Super Meat (have the Xbox rev) as soon as someone posted it here.

My Steam then got totally borked, but Meat Boy is downloading with no issues! :D (sorry peeps!)

dream

iammeiam said:
I'm getting a full-on featured game ad for it at $3.75, but the site's clearly having massive issues. Search keeps failing, and right now my screen is boasting of 0 games under $10 and 0 games under $5. I think their DB is choking.

Yeah, I refreshed a few times and found it again.

And promptly bought that shit with the quickness.

poppabk said:
I grabbed Call of duty:Black Ops for $59.99. The featured games are the daily deals, so it won't be any cheaper, right?

They might have an Activision collection sale or something but usually Activision titles are some of the worst when it comes to sales. Like 15-20 percent off and that's it. Stingy fuckers they are!

Acidote

Stop brakin' mah steam with ya luv!

dhdDr.jpg

They've removed the Specials tab :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
get meat boy now or wait for the potato pack? course im only missing like 6 games from that pack including meat boy :lol

coopolon

I would love to see a return of the Call of Duty pack from the Spring Sale. I've been kicking myself all year for not picking that up. (Obviously without Black Ops)

eznark

Banned
mr jones said:
But its only a dollar!!!

Put your dollar into a Salvation Army can. Front Office Manager is the worst abomination to ever be made. MLB FRONT OFFICE MANAGER IS WORSE THAN HITLER

Volcynika

AgentOtaku said:
They might have an Activision collection sale or something but usually Activision titles are some of the worst when it comes to sales. Like 15-20 percent off and that's it. Stingy fuckers they are!

I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom