• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCfiner

Dumb question: Are the 50% off deals for Lara croft F1, just Cause 2, etc Daily deals or weekly deals? I haven't seen a listing differentiating the two.

I'm guessing they're daily deals.

1-D_FTW

Unless I'm missing something, no deals for me today. Was planning on getting BC2 (for the Vietnam expansion), but Confidence Man's impressions basically pressed all my buttons and gave me the buyer's remorse without actually having to buy it.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I wish I was into Nancy Drew, Farm Frenzy, and Dash games. I'd be in heaven right now. :lol

Peff

LCfiner said:
Dumb question: Are the 50% off deals for Lara croft F1, just Cause 2, etc Daily deals or weekly deals? I haven't seen a listing differentiating the two.

We don't know yet. They're probably weekly though.

Volcynika

LCfiner said:

We don't know until the site is fully set up for the holiday sale.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
LCfiner said:

No, you will see the daily deals because they'll be listed as daily deals with a clock counting down to when you declare bankruptcy and start living in a box.

Steam is just going to turn into a list of games on sale with prices and a shopping cart. Thats all they need, they must fortify their stations. The waves are coming.

Polk

Titan Quest Gold is 75% off (2.5 euro)
CivCity Rome is 90% off (1 euro)
Commandos Collection 79% off (3 euro)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
WHAT IS GOING ON.

I have 100 items on sale right now, under the Specials tab. That can NOT be accurate.

iam220

Bwahahaha super meat boy bought!

Corky said:
hiarU.gif

Aaron

I've managed to buy two things, and it's auto logged me out after both purchases. Crazy.

I've also yet to see page three of the specials. Always fails.

Glix

If I buy a package, and I already own a few of the games, can I gift just those parts of the package away?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Okay, I'm just going to go somewhere with no internet access for a while and hope its working when I get back. :lol

Glix said:
If I buy a package, and I already own a few of the games, can I gift just those parts of the package away?
Generally no. You can I think for some Valve games but that's pretty much it. Google will tell you which exact games.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Is there a page with all the packs on sale? The search isn't working at all.

Blizzard

Banned
People, relax. Just take a nap for a couple of hours, and then come back and see if the site is working. You have 24 hours for daily deals, and if you try to buy stuff when the store is screwed up you might end up with credit card safety rejections or repeated paypal transactions or some such nonsense.

kennah

kai3345 said:
I WANT BUY DRAGON AGE BUT DONT KNOW IF ITS GONA BE A DAILY DEAL OR NOT FUCK
I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND BUT IT PROBABLY MIGHT BE MAYBE BUT WE SHOULD BUY IT NOW IN CASE THEY DELETE IT FOREVER

No_Style

Crateman said:
Is it safe to buy Civ 5? I've been waiting for quite some time and I skipped the last deal because I thought we would get cheaper during this sale...

You missed out on the $30 D2D sale during the weekend? It was pretty damn good then.

bm1616

Danj said:
Any other games at this price?

These are the games I found for a dollar or less.

Magnetis: 50cents
Children of the Nile: Alexandria: 50cents
Ghost Master: $1
CivCity: Rome: $1
Blueberry Garden: $1
Caster: $1
Vegas: Make It Big: $1
MLB Front Office Manager: $1
Beat Hazard: $1

Plus a shit ton of DLC for under a dollar

Feorax

I have absolutely no idea what's going on. I keep stumbling across random deals, and games keep disappearing.

Have Valve just decided to fuck the front end for this years sales and left us to find the deals ourselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom