• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

faridmon said:
2 weeks until Kenji Kamiyama announce his shit. I can Bloody wait! HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!11

Kenji Kamiyama announcing that he's personally directing and producing the ad campaign for the PS Vita in Japan for the first half of 2012.

Frosteey

Neo Member
Dedication Through Light said:
Uta no Prince Sama 13
tumblr_ls1e26kA3A1qkxiabo2_250.png

Darn its, over.
Predictable ending and song choice, however the concert was fun, though I wont lie, I did think it was sad when Haruka starting crying at granmas
. Ittoki and Syo were my favorite overall throughout the anime, even if Syo got flustered too easily.

That leaves me with just Blue Exorcist as the only anime of the past season left to finish.

I stopped watching this at three or four episodes in, but I still want a boy band fix so I'll probably watch the last episode. Are there any other performances?

cajunator

Banned
The club I attended at college was pretty much a bunch of my friends gathering together to watch whatever the hell we wanted to watch that night.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Frosteey said:
I stopped watching this at three or four episodes in, but I still want a boy band fix so I'll probably watch the last episode. Are there any other performances?

Lucky for you there's a Boy K-On this upcoming season.

I personally cannot wait for it. Hopefully it's actually got some music in it. I have my doubts

Doesn't look like it's a music anime at all actually :(

NewFresh

NO M@S Ep.12

I think this the worst episode to date. The plot was incredibly boring and predictable.
What, Miki came back after all? Who would have guessed?

Whole episode is just one VERY long "If we just try our hardest, we can do anything!!"

Worst of all
producer didn't get down with Miki, even though he totally had a window

Jex

[Penguin Drum 11]
/XX/ said:
Yeah! You see Ringo's still expression, when she probably thinks those moments with Shōma and their antics were like a forced excuse, and then that dramatic instance is interfered by farting sounds and all that, I really think it lessened the impact it gives, for sure.
If they do a SHAFT BD treatment for episode 10 I wouldn't object to them 'fixing' that in episode 11.

Really.

NewFresh

cajunator said:
The club I attended at college was pretty much a bunch of my friends gathering together to watch whatever the hell we wanted to watch that night.

I attended an anime club once.

I never went back

Instro

duckroll said:
Kenji Kamiyama announcing that he's personally directing and producing the ad campaign for the PS Vita in Japan for the first half of 2012.
Well they need something to compete with the 3DS now that Nintendo has the backing of Gatchaman.

Frosteey

Neo Member
darkside31337 said:
Lucky for you there's a Boy K-On this upcoming season.

I personally cannot wait for it. Hopefully it's actually got some music in it. I have my doubts

Doesn't look like it's a music anime at all actually :(

It looks like Ouran with poor and ugly people it is the worst : (

cajunator

Banned
EmmanuelMunoz said:
I attended an anime club once.

I never went back
Try going to an anime club with normal people (relatively speaking)
Granted, the people in the club I went to liked old-school anime like Koka Wa Greenwood, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Sailor Moon, Gundam, Escaflowne, stuff like that. Those were better times. I doubt I would make it very far in a current anime club.

Jex

darkside31337 said:
Hey it's anime. You win some, you lose some. It's a decent enough trade off.
It seems less of a 'trade off' and more of a 'completely negating the point'.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jexhius said:
It seems less of a 'trade off' and more of a 'completely negating the point'.

It's cute girls overcoming all the obstacles this planet puts in front of them based on their gender. They have to overcome their cuteness too.

Jex

Dresden said:
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
What happened to the god of the OT? I always imagined him as more of an angry old man.

Is there nothing Japan won't defile?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jexhius said:
What happened to the god of the OT? I always imagined him as more of an angry old man.

Is there nothing Japan won't defile?

I'm not sure you know what the word defile means. It's not a synonym for the word awesome.

Jex

Miri said:
Has anything ever become of her
dreams
during that ep?
I don't think so, it was just a dream, of the kind that people are want to have. As far as I can remember. It was just highlighting the basic place that Ohana was at.

NewFresh

cajunator said:
Try going to an anime club with normal people (relatively speaking)
Granted, the people in the club I went to liked old-school anime like Koka Wa Greenwood, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Sailor Moon, Gundam, Escaflowne, stuff like that. Those were better times. I doubt I would make it very far in a current anime club.
This is my anime club, even if it lacks normal people. :(

NewFresh

survivor said:
You made it farther than me. I made it to the door of an anime club once.

Then I ran away as fast as I can
My experience:

"Everyone Introduce yourselves and tell us your favorite anime series"
Person 1: My name is _____ and Naruto is my favorite show
Person 2: My name is _____ and Naruto is my favorite show
Person 3: My name is _____ and Naruto is my favorite show
Person 4: My name is _____ and Bleach is my favorite show
Me: I'm good, thanks.

Jex

Branduil said:
How many anime have more than one ending?
Steins;Gate may do! Do those shows with crappy movie compilations/alterations count? If so, that would be lots!

Jex

[Natsume S3 Ep 12]

natsumes3e12.jpg

It's refreshing to see an episode of Nastume that actually looks like it's from one the first two seasons of the show. It shouldn't be refreshing, but as I've already complained about at length this show has had pretty bad direction/art/animation for most of it's run this season. I can only hope that the already announced season 4 will be given more attention.

As for the episode itself, you could argue that we've already covered this material numerous times. You know,
Natsume's troubled past, his previous family relationships etc. However, what we'd mainly been given was straight exposition or limited flashbacks that told a generic backstory. This time we actually went to a specific set of (admittedly not named or developed) people who passed Natsume to his currently family.

As usual, we don't delve into the gritty of peoples lives and relationships, instead the episode focused on mood and tone, with a youkai being the physical embodiment of Natsume's feelings. This formula still works though, especially when you actually have the art and direction to back it up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
darkside31337 said:
I was thinking more like Penguindrum. But Haruhi is a good one too.
Ice cold man.

Frosteey said:
Yeah, and lots of Wakamoto reactions to said performances!

EmmanuelMunoz said:
Whole episode is just one VERY long "If we just try our hardest, we can do anything!!"
To be fair, that was pretty much the same with half the episodes of the show so far. :p

Pachinko

Where's my second season of Panty Stocking ?!?!?!

That's the last anime I took any interest in, before that was Gurren Laggan.

I'm noticing nowadays that even moe~ doesn't cut it anymore, now all the legit studios are producing cartoons based on full on hentai and etchii comics. Seikon no quasar, that ninja boob one more recently.

I want light hearted titillation with giant robot fights not wank shows. :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jexhius said:
[Natsume S3 Ep 12]
It's refreshing to see an episode of Nastume that actually looks like it's from one the first two seasons of the show. It shouldn't be refreshing, but as I've already complained about at length this show has had pretty bad direction/art/animation for most of it's run this season. I can only hope that the already announced season 4 will be given more attention

They're already cutting funds from Penguindrum to fund season 4 of Natsume. So it's already off to a good start.

Uchip

Banned
Pachinko said:

from their perspective, would you rather make lots of easy money? or, put your heart and soul into making a show that sells averagely?

Dresden

So how much bromance potential does the new Sunrise show have, I wonder.

Kaito Daimon
VA: Shintarou Asanuma
Protagonist, age 16. After returning from England, he transferred to Root Academy as a first year in the high school division. After solving the Philosopher's Puzzle he receives the title of "Einstein". As one who loves to solve puzzles more than anything else, he is a natural-born Solver. The harder the puzzle he faces, the more concentration, intuition, and insight he is able to employ. He also possesses the sensitivity to perceive the puzzle creator's intentions. He's not fond of Negi and the sweets that Nonoha makes.

Gammon Sakanoue
VA: Jun Fukuyama
Age 16. The rival Solver who appears before Kaito. He holds the title of "Galileo" and his ability to face puzzles matches that of Kaito. He claims, "my brain makes me money," and often acts self-righteous and grandstanding. However, underneath that outlaw facade, might he actually have a tender heart...!?
Einstein x Galileo could be hot, I wonder if there's a doujin for that.

Jex

cajunator said:
I think that's the best kind of club for anything, really.

cajunator

Banned
EmmanuelMunoz said:
My experience:

"Everyone Introduce yourselves and tell us your favorite anime series"
Person 1: My name is _____ and Naruto is my favorite show
Person 2: My name is _____ and Naruto is my favorite show
Person 3: My name is _____ and Naruto is my favorite show
Person 4: My name is _____ and Bleach is my favorite show
Me: I'm good, thanks.
I think there was one actual Naruto fan, and everybody else was lukewarm on the show.
There was one semester where we watched the live action Sailor Moon show for the campiness. The budget on that show was epic. there was a stuffed animal used as Luna and in some scenes you could tell they cut the eyes in half to make them look sad.
We also marathoned Yakitate! Japan.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
cajunator said:
There was one semester where we watched the live action Sailor Moon show for the campiness. The budget on that show was epic. there was a stuffed animal used as Luna and in some scenes you could tell they cut the eyes in half to make them look sad.
How much of it?

Risette

A Good Citizen
Pachinko said:
Where's my second season of Panty Stocking ?!?!?!

That's the last anime I took any interest in, before that was Gurren Laggan.

I'm noticing nowadays that even moe~ doesn't cut it anymore, now all the legit studios are producing cartoons based on full on hentai and etchii comics. Seikon no quasar, that ninja boob one more recently.

First season bombed in sales, abandon all hope for S2.

cajunator

Banned
I don't remember, but it was least half of it.
We even had some Utena, Ranma 1/2 Urutsei Yatsura, the Castle of Cagilostro movie, Gunsmith Cats, and Riding Bean in there. that club was pretty awesome.
The University stuck us in a little shitty classroom in the Art building. It wasl ike Genshiken, but without the hentai magazines everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom