• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewFresh

cajunator said:
There was one semester where we watched the live action Sailor Moon show for the campiness. The budget on that show was epic. there was a stuffed animal used as Luna and in some scenes you could tell they cut the eyes in half to make them look sad.

FJodF.gif

That genuinely sounds amazing

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
EmmanuelMunoz said:
That genuinely sounds amazing
It's schizophrenically both good and terrible(read: GLORIOUS). Give it ten episodes to pick up though because the early ones are particularly rough.

Jex

Lesiroth said:
Why is everyone so excited about Guilty Crown? The pedigree behind it? It looks run-of-the-mill to me.
Two words: Code Geass. (Not the director though, sadly)

Plus we have to get excited about something in the pile of bland shows, stupid shows and glorious OVA's.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Steroyd said:
Ikokou Meiro Croisee 11 - END

D'aaaaaw

Rou Kyuu Bu! a.k.a loli basketball show. 10 - END

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Charc/Gifs/kill-it-with-fire.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Uh I think your episode counts are off there. [s]Or maybe I'm not getting it :([/s] NM, got it. You watched the last couple eps of each.

Also unfortunate you don't get the depth of RKB.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lesiroth said:
Why is everyone so excited about Guilty Crown? The pedigree behind it? It looks run-of-the-mill to me.

Code Geass is one of the most entertaining anime franchises ever made. Damn straight people should get hyped by Guilty Crown.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
firehawk12 said:
I suppose if you are a Miki fetishist, then you would have loved the episode.
Yeah objectively speaking i think it was the worst episode in the series since episode 3, but i love miki so much that i enjoyed the episode anyway! :p

Branduil

Steroyd said:
Ikokou Meiro Croisee 11 - END

D'aaaaaw

Rou Kyuu Bu! a.k.a loli basketball show. 10 - END

[IM]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Charc/Gifs/kill-it-with-fire.gif[/IMG]
And yet you watched all of both.

Jex

darkside31337 said:
Code Geass is one of the most entertaining anime franchises ever made. Damn straight people should get hyped by Guilty Crown.
Well some credit has to be given to the actual director, but yeah, that's the main source of the 'hype'. Although I wouldn't call it real hype, it's nothing like the anticipation for stuff like Penguin Drum.

Steroyd

Branduil said:
And yet you watched all of both.

Nothing wrong with Meiro Croisee, it came 2nd to whatever category Usagi Drop is under.

For RKB... I got nothing, I dropped it a couple of times, so I have no excuse for watching the whole thing.

Lesiroth

darkside31337 said:
Of course it is, but will this show even come close? I didn't get that impression.

Jex

Lesiroth said:
Of course it is, but will this show even come close? I didn't get that impression.
You're really trying to take the air out of the Guilty Crown hype balloon with your accursed ability to observe reality in an objective fashion *shakes fist*

flawfuls

Cat Soup

There are so many things I want to say about this, but I don't think I will be able to articulate it any better than "lol wut".

Jex

flawfuls said:
Cat Soup

There are so many things I want to say about this, but I don't think I will be able to articulate it any better than "lol wut".
Well darn, you've reminded that I still have to check that particular work out. I assume it's worth a watch, although that's hard to say going off what you've posted!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Steroyd said:
To be fair Code Geass, did try to play it straight for a while before they gave up and went "fuck it".

Yeah but it was boring up to that point. Then they delivered on one of the most fabulous experiences ever.

Steroyd

M_Night said:
So it seems the techno version of the Madoka Opening that could be heard in one of the episodes was hiding in the OST 3 release.

- Connect ~Game Instrumental~

Between that and the fanmade(?) 8bit version, makes me really want to play a Madoka platformer.

I wonder if someone has made that type of level on Littlebigplanet.

flawfuls

Jexhius said:
Well darn, you've reminded that I still have to check that particular work out. I assume it's worth a watch, although that's hard to say going off what you've posted!

On the saving anime scale it's 100%.

Lesiroth

Jexhius said:
You're really trying to take the air out of the Guilty Crown hype balloon with your accursed ability to observe reality in an objective fashion *shakes fist*
Don't worry, I'll adapt to the cursed reality of Anime-GAF soon enough!

NewFresh

Jexhius said:
It's definitely worth watching. Just watch and enjoy

Jexhius said:

A surreal black comedy from someone who is truly disturbed. So many things feel "off" about it even if it isn't completely overt about it. The manga author actually killed herself in 1998.

NewFresh

1 minute into Bishōjo Senshi Salor Moon

I am in love

cosmicblizzard said:
A black comedy from someone who is truly disturbed. So many things feel "off" about it even if it isn't completely overt about it. The manga author actually killed herself in 1998.

I think that's what gives it another layer of interest, beyond just the WTF? stuff

Branduil

cosmicblizzard said:
A surreal black comedy from someone who is truly disturbed. So many things feel "off" about it even if it isn't completely overt about it. The manga author actually killed herself in 1998.
So she died to save anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom