• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Articalys said:
More categories, just like the Oscars!

Voice Actress for a Supporting Role:
1) Chiwa Saitou
2) Kana Hanazawa
3) Eri Kitamura
4) Aki Toyosaki
5) Emiri Katou

Voice Actor for a Supporting Role
1) Keiji Fujiwara
2) Nobuhiko Okamoto
3) Takahiro Sakurai
4) Jun Fukuyama
5) Tomokazu Seki

Voice Actress for a Main Role:
1) Aoi Yuuki
2) Kana Hanazawa
3) Ai Kayano
4) Miyuki Sawashiro
5) Maaya Sakamoto

Voice Actor for a Main Role
1) Mamoru Miyano
2) Hiroshi Kamiya
3) Nobuhiko Okamoto
4) Hiroaki Hirata
5) Hiro Shimono

Not going to list which characters everyone voiced, go figure it out yourself.
No Chiaki Omigawa...

HCf4R.gif

I'm not sure how I feel about Gundam AGE. The story and characters have promise, but that artstyle... it makes me want to murder something cute and cuddly.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
Is that the OP?

Also, no Kobayashi on that actress list is sad.

Kobayashi should be on the actor list!

Also yes, Aoi Shiori is the OP. REMEDIOS is a pretty badass composer so I can't say Anohana winning all these OST awards is bad. Madoka winning is a crime though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
Kobayashi should be on the actor list!

Also yes, Aoi Shiori is the OP. REMEDIOS is a pretty badass composer so I can't say Anohana winning all these OST awards is bad. Madoka winning is a crime though.

Boo, Kobayashi should be in a category of her own! And AnoHana 4ever.

Also, Maken-Ki: somehow managed to distill an entire season of Infinite Stratos into one episode. I wonder if this will be as big of a hit.

Solune

Articalys said:
More categories, just like the Oscars!

Voice Actress for a Supporting Role:
1) Chiwa Saitou
2) Kana Hanazawa
3) Eri Kitamura
4) Aki Toyosaki
5) Emiri Katou

Voice Actress for a Main Role:
1) Aoi Yuuki
2) Kana Hanazawa
3) Ai Kayano
4) Miyuki Sawashiro
5) Maaya Sakamoto

Not going to list which characters everyone voiced, go figure it out yourself.
Poor Hanazawa, close but not beating Senjougahara or Madoka.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AzureNightmare said:
I'm not sure how I feel about Gundam AGE. The story and characters have promise, but that artstyle... it makes me want to murder something cute and cuddly.

My own thoughts on Gundam AGE 01:

I don't mind the art style in general. It's pretty fluid and easy on the eyes, it's down to earth and isn't flashy at all which is refreshing considering it's Gundam. My opinion may change better or for worse as the series goes on and more intense battles take place.

The mecha designs are really weird. The nice, subtle feel to the Gundam is totally contrasted by the ridiculous
BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON suits of the enemies. I mean really?

My biggest gripe with the first episode was that it was utterly generic. Not great, not awful, but just entirely generic. Perhaps the worst thing you can really say about an anime. I'll be checking out a few more episodes but this was about as cliche as a Gundam Introductory episode as you could have possibly done.

Jex

[Anne of Green Gables 22]

Extremely melodramatic tearful Anne is so adorable. Everything in life is such a harsh struggle, even the things that aren't.

wsippel

Banned
Blader5489 said:
Would anyone recommend Mardock Scramble? It gave me a kind of GitS vibe, though I doubt it's at that level.
It's darker and far more brutal than GitS, but it's pretty good. I'd certainly recommend it.

Jex

Blader5489 said:
Would anyone recommend Mardock Scramble? It gave me a kind of GitS vibe, though I doubt it's at that level.
It's not. It's babies first cyberpunk, filled with lots of trashy stupid shit. Case in point:

whatisgoingon.jpg

But if you really need to see a movie where the main character is naked like, 15% of the time, this is it.

Jex

Lafiel said:
Chihayafuru 2 - Good episode, I don't see this show being better than a solid "7" but if it keeps up this current level of quality for the next 23 episodes, I won't regret my time with it, especially since it has two things I'm a sucker for - genki girls and josei / shoujo art.
Is that like, an IGN 7, which just means average?

Cwarrior

Fate/zero ep1

sleepycatp1.gif

46mins of nothing but mutiple character taking turns to go blablahblha

edit:

Take back the thing about calling it, meaningless since it's to early to do so.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Cwarrior said:
Fate/zero ep1

wtf they made something as simple as a battle royale so convoluted by covering it in layers of meaningless gibberish with it's kingdom hearts like level story telling.

46mins of mutiple character taking turns to talk gibberish.
I feel like getting people to watch the pilot is some kind of elaborate prank.

Cwarrior said:
Fate/zero ep1

t259690_MY_HEAD_IS_FULL_OF_FUCK_How_many_Continents_are_there-s450x268-236907-580.jpg

wtf they made something as simple as a battle royale so convoluted by covering it in layers of meaningless gibberish with it's kingdom hearts like level story telling.

46mins of mutiple character taking turns to talk gibberish.

???
None of it is gibberish or meaningless...and don't compare it to KH. Fate/Zero has a very coherent and understandable story

Articalys

Horizon 2

I'm never going to remember anyone's names besides smugface and robot Yuki Nagato anyway, so I think I'll just watch the show to see how they put together the pieces of the overall plot.

Renmei

Banned
Chihayafuru is a lot better than expected, I can't wait for them to go back to the high school version of the characters and tell the story of how their friendship fell apart.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Renmei said:
Chihayafuru is a lot better than expected, I can't wait for them to go back to the high school version of the characters and tell the story of how their friendship fell apart.
I'm guessing glasses boy had to move away, since he's not at the same school as them.

You know, I also find it amusing how a tsundere boy automatically becomes a villain. Anime really is the opposite of real life!

trejo said:
Chihayafuru 2

It was a nice episode but man, Karuta seems like such a boring ass card game. It's really a wonder that the show manages to be enjoyable in spite of being based around it.
hjt39.jpg

Chihayafuru 2
This show is really good. I like they're taking their time to setup the characters relationship in the past before moving on with the present story.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
It's not like she's the Usagi Drop girl! :lol:

Besides, I think "supermodel" Chihaya is going to be really boring. She didn't even keep her haircut!

She's 7! :p

I have a feeling its gonna turn into semi-straight shoujo, with the sparkles and the rose petals, when they all grow up.

Renmei

Banned
So I cheated and read all of the released translated Chihayafuru scans, there isn't enough to say if the manga/anime will remain great but there is plenty of drama. If done well this could be an nice lil tear jerker. And almost legal Chihaya has attractive character designs, especially in a kimono ^^

edit: according to manga updates:
Chihayafuru won the 2nd Manga Taisho Award. Winner of the 35th annual Kodansha Manga Award for Best Shoujo.

So the source material should be pretty good, and the studio doing the anime seems to be doing a great job.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
She's 7! :p

I have a feeling its gonna turn into semi-straight shoujo, with the sparkles and the rose petals, when they all grow up.

Renmei said:
So I cheated and read all of the released translated Chihayafuru scans, there isn't enough to say if the manga/anime will remain great but there is plenty of drama. If done well this could be an nice lil tear jerker. And almost legal Chihaya has attractive character designs, especially in a kimono ^^

It's a shoujo/josei, so there must be relationship angst. But yeah, I figure she'll turn into the typical shoujo heroine, which would be rather unfortunate. I suppose tomboys are rather unrelateable to "normal" girl readers though.

Horizon 2

Smugdouche still awesome. His sister isn't bad either.

Gotta find Geneijin's analysis/summary because I'm still confused on this whole "Horizon" business. How do you confess to a girl that's dead?

Geneijin

cosmicblizzard said:
Horizon 2

Smugdouche still awesome. His sister isn't bad either.

Gotta find Geneijin's analysis/summary because I'm still confused on this whole "Horizon" business. How do you confess to a girl that's dead?
Still writing Episode 2's but to answer your question:

The Horizon Tori knows is dead. What we find out this episode is that Tori's confession to Horizon is not to the Horizon who died 10 years ago as stated by his sister Kimi last episode but to someone who looks like that Horizon, P-01S. What's implied in both episodes is that Tori is finally ready to give a confession he felt he should have done 10 years ago, which was when Horizon died.

Jexhius said:
[Anne of Green Gables 22]

Extremely melodramatic tearful Anne is so adorable. Everything in life is such a harsh struggle, even the things that aren't.

Has this been fully subbed? I watched several episodes and really enjoyed a few years ago or so, but the subbing had discontinued, so I stopped.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You know, icarus, you can do a blog for this. Readers suffering from Schadenfreude can submit horrible anime. You choose and watch one every week, and complain about how terrible it is.

I'd read it. Hell, I already am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom