• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwarrior

Fate zero ep2(worst first episode ever)

It's absolutely ridiculous at how much the first ep sucks compared to the second, the one hour of suffering is starting to pay off with this episode.

Finally some likable characters are introduce like the king(who has blackbeards va from op) and the awesome bluebeard.

Good episode the story telling is still bad but who cares.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Articalys said:
Theme Songs:
1) Connect (Madoka)
2) Aoi Shiori (Ano Hana)
3) Orion o Nazoru (T&B)
4) Secret Base (Ano Hana)
5) Ready (IM@S)
I'll give them Ready! as that song is awesome, but no Yuri Yura or Hyadain no Kakakata Kataomoi? Scandalous. Double-J, despite not being everyone's cup of tea, should get a special mention for most awesome ED condensed into 20 seconds.

Defuser

Halycon said:
You know, icarus, you can do a blog for this. Readers suffering from Schadenfreude can submit horrible anime. You choose and watch one every week, and complain about how terrible it is.

I'd read it. Hell, I already am.
So you want a opposite DTL?

Blader

Krev said:
It's trashy fun with lots of gratuitous violence and nudity. It feels like a throwback to the 90s and even has artificial film grain to heighten that effect.
It's not even nearly at the level of GitS, but you might find something to like in it.

Jexhius said:
It's not. It's babies first cyberpunk, filled with lots of trashy stupid shit. Case in point:

whatisgoingon.jpg

But if you really need to see a movie where the main character is naked like, 15% of the time, this is it.

So, like, if I didn't care for Ninja Scroll I probably shouldn't bother with this?

Defuser

Chihayafu Ep2:
This is a really good show,I enjoyed every single minute of it.

edit: I decide after a long ass time to watch bleach all for the sake of death and strawberry 2 animated when it comes.

Horizon 2
Tori is quite the character and I think that classroom scene will always be the most memorable in the anime. The teacher is intriguing too.

Baccano 6 - Some of the moments are just plain creepy, the assassin women and the two thieves are cool. The boy with the scar (Jacuzzi) is starting to become a favorite.
Kore wa Zombie 6 - Episode 5 and 6 were amazing. I like Ayumu's visions of Eu and the action was intense.
Tiger & Bunny 6 - Finally some true antagonist is involved. I wish there wasnt a time limit on them using their powers though, it doesnt really make sense.
Hidan no Aria 11/12 - Great conclusion. Nichijou 6 Finally a skit to make me laugh, the one with them camping and cooking was so hilarious.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Dedication Through Light said:
Tiger & Bunny 6 - Finally some true antagonist is involved. I wish there wasnt a time limit on them using their powers though, it doesnt really make sense..
Don't worry, somewhere along the line the writers forget that they ever mentioned that limitation. Except when it's convenient to stir up the plot.

Dynedom

Horizon in a Wall of Text - 02

Yeah I'm not going to even bother. Too much information in too little time. Not sure how many seasons this show is getting but there's too much to process. Doesn't help that the character designs are god awful. I chuckled at parts but it's not enough.

Rule of 2 Applied: Series Dropped

Articalys

And you can use the Figma to celebrate a crushing Saimoe victory as well!
C2
1st 295 Elucia De Lute Irma @ The World God Only Knows
2nd 241 Run @ A Channel

D1
1st 390 Squid Girl @ Squid Girl
2nd 154 Nero Yuzurizaki @ Detective Opera Milky Holmes
a7Bxn.png

f2FVf.png

What an irony that Sayaka would wind up facing a Charlotte...

cajunator

Banned
I would normally say poor Charlotte, but Sayaka is far from the most loved character in Madoka Magica. Charlotte might take this one.

scy

cajunator said:
Damn. Horizon hype not justified?

Well, the second episode clarifies a lot of the convolution so I think a lot of the "THIS IS TOO CONFUSING!" is a little hyperbolic. But, then again, I did do the walls of text on the subject so I probably just get it a lot better than casual viewing would do.

Like I said, Episode 2 needed something to happen to keep some people watching; it hints at things starting up, but that's mostly in the next episode preview and not the episode itself. We're still gathering info and sitting through History class, as it were.

Articalys

cajunator said:
I would normally say poor Charlotte, but Sayaka is far from the most loved character in Madoka Magica. Charlotte might take this one.
I've never actually watched IS but I want Char to win, if only to bring the potential Mami Tomoe vs. Charlotte Dunois match that much closer to happening.

Reknoc said:
Something something ocean pun something something.

http://i.imgur.com/s3zFe.jpg[/IMG

[url]http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/10/12/squid-girl-figma-preview[/url]
[url]http://ameblo.jp/figma/entry-11044731860.html[/url][/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan of PVC-figures, but I would buy a Chibi Squid Girl plushie

Defuser

Horizon ep 2:
Still don't understand whats going on.This shit is more convoluted than Index.
cajunator said:
"Ichika no Ecchi" is a sure killer.

jman2050

Sayaka is going to annihilate Charlotte
sadly

cajunator said:

Actually IIRC the fans over there actually like Sayaka, at least when compared to fans here.

Reknoc said:

So hnnnnng de geso

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 3 - 2003 - Studio DEEN

What is the moest of moes? Deaf mute sister moe of course.

Yes, this show looks like fried ass. Get used to it.

This SO BAD. Jexhius, you should love this episode, because the editing here is genius.

SEE?
The whole show is genius, of an unexpected level. I mean, it should be impossible frame the action or character in a really bad way, because unlike live action, you chose exactly what will be in the frame. It's all from scratch. Which is why it's really impressive when you see bad framing in a show, that's real talent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chihayafuru 2 - Sparking shoujo and boring card games

chiha2a.jpg
chiha2b.jpg

Chiha's sister knows what's up.

Karuta is a dull, dull card based around memorisation and poetry. Not even Oniisama-esque scheming can turn it into a good game, but all credit must go to the director/storyboarders for actually making the 'match' it as exciting as it possibly could be.

I'm really enjoying the character interaction and dynamic thus far, although how well it will translate into the 'present' remains to be seen. What they've mainly carried over from the first episode is the aesthetics, excellent framing and smooth editing. It's really nice to see this level of polish in any show, especially one of this nature.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Monster 3-17

Being a surgeon is suffering. So is being a viewer in search of a stopping point. :(

It's kinda funny how at this point both Nina and Tenma are trying to kill Johan in part so the other doesn't have to.

Jex

Hitokage said:
Monster 3-17

Being a surgeon is suffering. So is being a viewer in search of a stopping point. :(

It's kinda funny how at this point both Nina and Tenma are trying to kill Johan in part so the other doesn't have to.
That's quite a marathon you have going there.

At certain points the show will pretty clearly tell you when to get off the train.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Jexhius said:
That's quite a marathon you have going there.

At certain points the show will pretty clearly tell you when to get off the train.
It's not that exactly, it's more like this show is like a bag of potato chips. One episode isn't satisfying but there's really no distinction between watching four and watching ten beyond how long you allow yourself to keep reaching into the bag.

Branduil

Hitokage said:
Monster 3-17

I actually felt like the episodes in the teens were a bit weaker than the rest of the show, comparatively. I think episodes 20+ are more exciting. That could just be me, though.
Diiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeetaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Jex

I see we've tumbled a few pages back. That's not a bad thing though, I guess it just goes to show how little there is to talk about with regards to the currently airing shows.

[Anne of Green Gables 23]

Wow, this episode was clearly done on the cheap, in terms of the animation. While all the character designs, backaground art and so forth looked fine (although not quite as good as usual) the actual animation was really bad at times, with characters shuddering across the screen with very few in-between frames. It was fairly distracting whenever it happened, but luckily it only made up half of the episode.
Blader5489 said:
So, like, if I didn't care for Ninja Scroll I probably shouldn't bother with this?
Not at all, no.

Ezalc

icarus-daedelus said:
Well, if you guys are able to find stuff that is bad enough to make me laugh and/or question my faith in humanity and the arts, I will dutifully watch and post illustrated reviews expressing my revulsion and horror.

I definitely do not do well with generic mediocrities, though. That shit makes me want to kill myself.

There was an anime about cans who turn into girls, or something like that. I didn't watch this amazing piece of animation and I can't remember the name of it but it sounds like something right up your alley.

EDIT: Oh look at that I found it, it's called Akikan!

Steroyd

Chihyafuru - 02

Such a lame game made interesting, however that brings me cause for concern for the rest of the show, because I can't see it maintaining this level if it concentrates on Karuta too much.

Instro

Ezalc said:
There was an anime about cans who turn into girls, or something like that. I didn't watch this amazing piece of animation and I can't remember the name of it but it sounds like something right up your alley.

EDIT: Oh look at that I found it, it's called Akikan!
I watched a few episodes of that back in the day...sure was something.

Hitokage said:
It's not that exactly, it's more like this show is like a bag of potato chips. One episode isn't satisfying but there's really no distinction between watching four and watching ten beyond how long you allow yourself to keep reaching into the bag.
So like a bag of chips, the ending will be the best part right?

Steroyd

jman2050 said:
what?

Scraping the bottom of the bag for little tiny crumbs of oil and salt is the worst part of eating a bag of chips.

That moment of despair when you realise there's no more chips to eat. :(

wsippel

Banned
Defuser said:
Horizon ep 2:
Still don't understand whats going on.This shit is more convoluted than Index.
After the second episode, I think a lot of stuff will fall into place over time. Though word has it that there's at least one completely horrible translation in circulation, one that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Branduil

jman2050 said:
what?

Scraping the bottom of the bag for little tiny crumbs of oil and salt is the worst part of eating a bag of chips.
Well, I think this analogy is being distorted beyond its original applicability, but I don't think the ending of Monster is like running out of a bag of chips.

NewFresh

icarus-daedelus said:
Well, if you guys are able to find stuff that is bad enough to make me laugh and/or question my faith in humanity and the arts, I will dutifully watch and post illustrated reviews expressing my revulsion and horror.

I definitely do not do well with generic mediocrities, though. That shit makes me want to kill myself.

I see this ending with you having a long list of horrible anime to watch. I wish you luck brave soul.

Also, watch H20 ~Footprints in the Sand~

trejo

Horizon 2

You know, the problem here is not so much that shit is hard to follow but rather that I don't care to follow it. At all.

The show can throw all the convoluted worldbuilding and backstory at me that it wants but it really serves little purpose as far as I'm concerned since I'll just shrug it off and demand more of Smugdouche's silly antics instead, which have been the highlight by far.

Go_Ly_Dow

Chihyafuru - 02

Very enjoyable.

I'm interested in seeing how everything ties in and what happens to the characters as they grow up. A definite keeper for now.

Utena 13

Dat recap. Next episodes seems to be
introducing several new characters
judging by the preview.

Cant wait!

Steroyd said:
Chihyafuru - 02

Such a lame game made interesting, however that brings me cause for concern for the rest of the show, because I can't see it maintaining this level if it concentrates on Karuta too much.

Indeed.

Hopefully Karuta just acts as the initial catalyst in the show and eventually it takes a back seat.

Geneijin

The Color of Lovers - 2

Can't have us forgetting this is a harem anime. Lacked the same level of tact honestly like the previous episode with the exception of one scene. Then again, with how this episode turned out, I'm not really bothered about it as much as I was before since then I wouldn't have to expect any differently of this series. Standard harem hijinks of course.

Branduil

Hajime no Ippo 3

fun%20things%20are%20fun.jpg

Boxing is really a barbaric sport when you actually think about it.

as%20you%20all%20know.jpg

Shounen haato activated. So powerful it allows you to actually break the laws of biology.

not%20the%20protagonist.jpg

Not your fault kid, you're just not the main character.

I'm glad they didn't actually make Ippo win, that would have been too lame.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Steroyd said:
Chihyafuru - 02

This show will be like Friday Night Lights. Chihaya is Matt Seracen and Kurata is just a metaphor for relationship angst and small town Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom