• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
PdotMichael said:
Cat's Eye for example! I have here the complete show with 73 episodes, great anime and it's part of the same universe with City Hunter and Angel Heart.
Cat's eye looks interesting, but 70+ episodes? Ugh.

Ezalc

Jexhius said:
I was browsing a brick & mortar media store earlier and I noticed they had The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and The Girl Who Leapt Through Space. I sure hope people don't get those confused!

They should put the two together.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
duckroll said:
So, Guilty Crown speculation....

What happened on this date?

Not much according to google. Although a rather interestingly titled movie did get it's theatrical release in Japan.

wsippel

Banned
duckroll said:
So, Guilty Crown speculation....

What happened on this date?

jQ5CS.jpg
Couldn't find anything, but why is the date in European format?`Doesn't Japan use ISO 8601?

Cwarrior

Static Drum 13

-Really low budget episode, with most of the episode being just a bunch of static images with even some being used multiple times to avoid having to animate.
-
they‘ve done a great job of making death more meaningless then it is in Dragon ball z
-the dialogue is really annoying to be hearing the same verbal diarrhea from everyone
-
Statoshi is pedo
- I really like the ed track

wsippel

Banned
duckroll said:
So, BONES made me very happy today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryQFlPjA29s&feature=youtu.be&t=16s

This is the anime opening for Suda51's game in the Guild01 omnibus - Kaihou Shoujo.

Character Design: Yuusuke Kozaki
Mecha Design: Shigeto Koyama
Battleship Design: Mahiro Maeda
Logo Design: Hiroshi Hirata
Animation Production: BONES
Nothing about the director?

Anyway, the whole thing seems a bit too ambitious for an intro to an otherwise rather low budget looking game that's only one fourth of a collection that will be sold "as cheap as possible", no? And Hino said he wants to see the Guild01 games spread to other media...

duckroll

Fate/Zero Episode 3

Wow, this series is really something. I think it helps that the concept and the themes really jive with what I personally like. Modern occult scenario, lots of adult characters who are well trained and experienced, a mix of magic and technology, with modern vehicles, locations, and weaponry. The directing being serious and relatively high-brow for anime really helps too. The sense of tension and atmosphere building is always present, and I find the designs and art direction really pleasant.

I really appreciate how the series is really taking its time in terms of pacing, and drawing the audience in slowly. The characters being interesting help to really sell the entire multi-angle conflict. Can't wait for the next episode. Omggggg.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is Teddy in Persona 4 the same voice as Enma-kun? That's all I can hear.

Ezalc

hosannainexcelsis said:
If Gonzo were truly back, they would hire Maeda and do another Gankutsuou.

NO. They already ruined one series I love I will not have them ruin another one damn it.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Fate/zero 3 - Good episode, while i find the Typemoon dialogue kind of annoying at times, the direction manages to make it engaging to watch in addition to the fact that the actual characters and plot is actually very interesting, can't wait for next week.:D

cajunator said:
Cat's eye looks interesting, but 70+ episodes? Ugh.

the main reason why classic animes are better, to have time for the details is a nice thing. Today, animes are just advertising shows for body pillows. :(

Steroyd

Dance In My Blood said:
Is Teddy in Persona 4 the same voice as Enma-kun? That's all I can hear.

Awesome now I'm going to hear that wether it is or isn't.

Damn it is... and i have now learned he voiced Saotome Ranma in Ranma½... and Inuyasha... and Ussop dang this guy sure gets around. o_O

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Moé shit.

G3-1
1 333 Index @ To Aru Majutsu no Index II
2 204 Morishima L. Haruka @ Amagami SS

H3-2
1 341 Kuroneko (Gokou Ruri) @ Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
2 208 Touhara Asuha @ Astarotte no Omocha!

And for today:

Steroyd said:
Awesome now I'm going to hear that wether it is or isn't.

Damn it is... and i have now learned he voiced Saotome Ranma in Ranma½... and Inuyasha... and Ussop dang this guy sure gets around. o_O

Holy shit it all makes sense. :O

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just watch it for yourself icarus, it's not like it retroactively ruins the rest of the series anyway; it's just a weak episode in a great series!

Jex

Un Go 1

Why did this make so little sense? I mean, I couldn't tell you what the hell was going on as I was watching the show, or afterwards, or now. This story was told by characters who walked into scenes and said stuff and then other characters came in and said other stuff and then something happened, but I'm not sure why. It nearly got the point where characters were talking over each other in their eagerness to espouse more weird story points out of nowhere.

There was no set-up, or character development, or world building, or pacing. Just countless characters talking over each other with weird editing and a nonsense plot. I dunno. It was baaad.

marathon watching is the only way to watch a anime.

Working!! - fin

GuumZ.jpg

13 episodes in something like three days. I'm a sick squiding-eating person.

It was nice and fluffy but the Inami - Sota thing was annoying, because is a fucking comedy-slice of life show, so no character development. It's like to watch a WWII movie with the hope the Nazis will win this time.

This is the reason I love Squid Girl, because we have no pseudo-drama elements (and every episode is a beach-episode).

Jex

C3 - 2

The interesting thing about this show is how bare-faced all the stealing it does is. There's Bakemonogatari, Denpa, Madoka, Black Lagoon etc. It just grabs chunks of different shows and doesn't really change them at all. Like really obvious parts of a character design. Truly shameless.

Of course, this episode is pretty special for other reasons, and not just being really ugly.

Dynedom said:
Just stumbled up on this using a google search:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/141/802/SHUT%20UP%20AND%20TAKE%20MY%20MONEY.jpg[IMG]

Will definitely be using it from now on.[/QUOTE]
I'm partial to Domon Fry myself.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Zp3OEl.jpg

Ahahahaa domon fry is the perfect incarnation of that meme.

I need to go make a domon-themed image for demon's souls/dark souls, i've lost track of how many times that game prompted me to say "all of my nope."

Jex

You guys are pretty serious about this Squid show, huh? I never really checked it out when it was airing because it seemed pretty boring and there's frankly too much anime to watch already.

One day...

Ezalc

Jexhius said:
You guys are pretty serious about this Squid show, huh? I never really checked it out when it was airing because it seemed pretty boring and there's frankly too much anime to watch already.

One day...

Don't worry man, I'll stand with you as the last bastion of sanity against the calamari.

Jexhius said:

One day...

Bad puns are serious business.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Jexhius said:

One day...
You don't have to watch everything, you know. Most of it sucks anyway.

Squid Girl is harmless fun and the fanservice is kept to a minimum. The puns are overblown, but it's a show I think I can share with people who don't usually watch anime.

Cwarrior said:
Static Drum 13
-
they‘ve done a great job of making death more meaningless then it is in Dragon ball z

Err whut?

How is it meaningless when her revival comes at a huge price and drives the story forward?

iavi

duckroll said:
So, BONES made me very happy today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryQFlPjA29s&feature=youtu.be&t=16s

This is the anime opening for Suda51's game in the Guild01 omnibus - Kaihou Shoujo.

Character Design: Yuusuke Kozaki
Mecha Design: Shigeto Koyama
Battleship Design: Mahiro Maeda
Logo Design: Hiroshi Hirata
Animation Production: BONES
I will buy this because of Kozaki, Bones, and Matsuno. I just hope Bones doesn't do a gonzo in regards to Kozaki's art. The end results in speed grapher looked nothing like his original designs.

jman2050

Jexhius said:

One day...

It's a simple safe gag comedy, like a less overtly animu Keroro Gunsou.

I can totally understand those who just don't like the style of humor though, so I can't fault anyone for thinking the show is boring.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jexhius said:

One day...

It's not really worth watching. Good harmless fun with tons of puns, but at the end of the day it's a poor man's Nichijou. Working'!! has been a lot better than it this season.

jman2050

PdotMichael said:
I don't know but it's like Azumanga Daioh. No big fanservice or many dirty jokes.

Eh, I could see the similarities, but Azumanga is a lot more surreal and cute in its humor. Also Squid Girl lacks Osaka, which changes everything.

darkside31337 said:
It's not really worth watching. Good harmless fun with tons of puns, but at the end of the day it's a poor man's Nichijou. Working'!! has been a lot better than it this season.

No see, Squid Girl actually has these things called "jokes" that something like Nichijou lacks most of the time.

That makes all the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom