• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Chihayafuru 3
Well at least there is a bit more strategy to this game now, albeit not much. Good stuff though, hopefully when they switch back to the teens the show keeps up this level of quality.

Tamayura 3
Maon is best girl. Such a feel good show.

These 2 shows have been pretty nice surprises this season along with a few others, and have helped make this season seem not as bad as I thought it would be.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
duckroll said:
But this is the same director who directed a Gundam movie where
the new main Gundam unit, after being hyped up in the presentation as the ultimate weapon, shows up at the end to do nothing other than teleport the main character to have a chat with ET.
I honestly have no idea what that means or what to make of that!

Instro said:
Tamayura 3
Maon is best girl. Such a feel good show.
*whistles*

Chihayafuru 3
This show is pretty good. This episode felt a little rushed but I guess they had to do it to get to the meat of the story in highschool. I hope it can keep up its quality once they grow up.

wonzo

Banned
Guilty Crown 2

rip noitamina
icarus-daedelus said:
This movie is pretty awesome!
What did you think of the ending and its max fabulosity?
Incredibly bizarre and symbolic in an incredibly stylish and fabulous~ way. Definitely one hell of a way to end a movie.

Morris

Disco Devil
Managed to get some time to finally watch Utena 37

Man, this was all over the place, the
poison scene
was absolutely nuts. Akio is class as always, can't wait to watch the last 2!

--

Probably gonna order the first two remastered dvds soon. Also, I need classy animu recommendations, since Persona 4 sucks and all...

duckroll

So far, the Madhouse casualty rate in Guilty Crown is about 4 dudes so far.

Director: Tetsuro Araki (Death Note, HSotD)
Co-Director: Hiroyuki Tanaka (Claymore, Hellsing Ultimate)
Animation Character Design: Hiromi Kato (Kobato)
Prop Design/Image Board: You Moriyama (Redline)

We've also heard about various other people who have left or are leaving. RIP Madhouse!

zeroshiki

duckroll said:
So far, the Madhouse casualty rate in Guilty Crown is about 4 dudes so far.

Director: Tetsuro Araki (Death Note, HSotD)
Co-Director: Hiroyuki Tanaka (Claymore, Hellsing Ultimate)
Animation Character Design: Hiromi Kato (Kobato)
Prop Design/Image Board: You Moriyama (Redline)

We've also heard about various other people who have left or are leaving. RIP Madhouse!

Speaking strictly out of my ass, Guilty Crown sure feels like a Madhouse production. I'd have guessed Madhouse instead of Production I.G. if I had seen it with no info coming in.

Morro! said:

poison scene

--

Probably gonna order the first two remastered dvds soon. Also, I need classy animu recommendations, since Persona 4 sucks and all...
Define classy. Even if Persona 4 anime didn't suck I would hardly call it classy.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Morro! said:

poison scene

--

Fate/zero is classy watch it!

Morris

Disco Devil
Hellsing321 said:
Define classy. Even if Persona 4 anime didn't suck I would hardly call it classy.

Oh, by classy I meant something similar to Utena's style or simply classy. I mentioned Persona solely because I want to replace its time slot. Sorry about my atrocious english :p

wonzo said:
Check out Bartender.

This is a good suggestion. Thanks!

trejo

Un-Go 2

Otaku technology has really come a long way, hasn't it? Nice to see we get an actual murder mistery this time, even if it wasn't all that interesting.

Shota Inga is a love or hate kind of character and I, for one, find him rather insufferable at times.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
icarus-daedelus said:
Man, Persona 4 is pretty bad. :/
Yeah...

Persona 4 - 03
The art and animation in this are so horrible.
Music is never used appropriately, the same goes for sound effects, and the 'emotional' confrontations with the shadow selves are laughable.
This episode has some hysterical derp faces that remove any possibility of taking anything seriously.
I have no idea why I'm still bothering with this show.

I haven't subjected myself to Guilty Crown yet, but from the comments in here I'm getting that it's a otaku baiting mecha and fanservice show. Why the hell is it on Noitamina then? And on that note, why are they going to show Black Rock Shooter? What's going on?

zeroshiki

Krev said:
I haven't subjected myself to Guilty Crown yet, but from the comments in here I'm getting that it's a otaku baiting mecha and fanservice show. Why the hell is it on Noitamina then? And on that note, why are they going to show Black Rock Shooter? What's going on?

Guilty Crown is glorious. Ignore the haters.

Granted, it would have worked in the Geass timeslot better than Noitamina but whatever. Just wait for Spring Noitamina I guess.

trejo

Guilty Crown 2

This show is the very definition of trashy, overproduced animu and I am completely fine with that. It's gratuitous and cliché-ridden but more importantly, it's fun.

zeroshiki

trejo said:
Guilty Crown 2

This show is the very definition of trashy, overproduced animu and I am completely fine with that. It's gratuitous and cliché-ridden but more importantly, it's fun.

This is what people have trouble grasping. Even in live action, there are summer blockbusters and there are Oscar-bait movies.

This is a summer blockbuster. Having the same kind of show all the time would be boring.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
zeroshiki said:
This is what people have trouble grasping. Even in live action, there are summer blockbusters and there are Oscar-bait movies.

This is a summer blockbuster. Having the same kind of show all the time would be boring.

So it's popcorn anime. I can live with that. ^_^

firehawk12

Subete no aware
duckroll said:
Fate/Zero is the HBO mini-series.
The ones that people don't remember?

zeroshiki said:

I'm not sure if this is an insult to Michael Bay or not. :p

trejo

firehawk12 said:
GC doesn't have anywhere near enough explosions to be comparable to a Michael Bay movie. I'm hoping subsequent episodes remedy this fatal flaw.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:

I actually am ambivalent about Michael Bay movies but I recognize that sometimes you just want to watch explosions and cheesy love stories.

Instro

zeroshiki said:

This show would be godlike if Will Smith was the main character!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
I actually am ambivalent about Michael Bay movies but I recognize that sometimes you just want to watch explosions and cheesy love stories.
I dunno man, even on the scale of dumb movies, there are movies that are worse than others.

trejo said:
GC doesn't have anywhere near enough explosions to be comparable to a Michael Bay movie. I'm hoping subsequent episodes remedy this fatal flaw.
At least the fanservice ratio seems to be equivalent.

wonzo

Banned
Mini Squid Girl Specials 1-2
HNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Persona 4 03
Yeah this show blows. I'll give it another ep before I drop it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
firehawk12 said:
qVSYm.png

Mature

Un-Go 2
Better than the first, but that's to be expected. If this is an 11 episode series and we've spent 2 of them on half-baked mysteries with very subtle character development, I don't think this is going anywhere. Or at least anywhere interesting. I think I'll let next week decide if I continue on or replace it with more Detective Conan, the superior detective drama. =]

MAN that ED is slick. Okay, i'll keep watching.

hosannainexcelsis said:
I asked in here if any of all existed beyond Conan when I was watching the first season of that (which reminds me I need to get back to that sometime), and the only answer I got was Spiral, which, well...
6XX episodes, about a dozen OVAs and 15 movies, but still worth it!

zeroshiki

New Ranma 1/2 live action drama special announced.

Aragaki Yui is Akane :O :O :O

akane.jpg

firehawk12 said:
I dunno man, even on the scale of dumb movies, there are movies that are worse than others.

This is true. I mean, but take a summer movie that was well received like 300. The story makes no sense whatsoever and the characters are all morons. What made it great was that it did its pandering really well. It remains to be seen if Guilty Crown will but its been entertaining so far. Sometimes you need to shut your brain down and enjoy, man :p

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
wonzo said:
Persona 4 03
Yeah this show blows. I'll give it another ep before I drop it.
Feel the same way.
Mature said:
MAN that ED is slick. Okay, i'll keep watching.
I know, right? Ending on that note goes a long way to putting me in a positive frame of mind about the show. And its emergence is always so perfectly timed.

Mature

Krev said:
I know, right? Ending on that note goes a long way to putting me in a positive frame of mind about the show. And its emergence is always so perfectly timed.
I felt the same way about Kuragehime's ED and it made me end up watching that series in like, 2 sittings...

Is it unhip to like jellyfish princess?

survivor

Banned
I was watching first episode of Guilty Crown and was really thinking of dropping it. Then I saw a gif of the second episode with ass jiggle. So now I'm definitely gonna keep watching it till the end.

Instro

zeroshiki said:
Surprisingly, no one tried to take it away from me or even any form of attempted assault.
Unless you fight for it you're just a pig. Where is your respect for the God of Discounts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom