• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

firehawk12 said:
*whistles* (Man, what a hater!)

You motherfuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I hate that whistling bitch. She's probably the only reason I'm not watching Tamayura. If she was good at whistling I wouldn't care but damn it she's fucking not. She's nothing like my AP Euro teacher, that man had an orchestra in his mouth damn it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
So you're ABF now? :lol
Don't blame the reader, blame the show!

Ezalc said:
You motherfuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I hate that whistling bitch. She's probably the only reason I'm not watching Tamayura. If she was good at whistling I wouldn't care but damn it she's fucking not. She's nothing like my AP Euro teacher, that man had an orchestra in his mouth damn it.
That's a weird complaint. She's shy and whimsical! I hear Americans are calling that "adorkable" now!

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
Don't blame the reader, blame the show!

You clearly needed to watch it multiple times to understand!

cajunator said:
I knew FAte Zero was gonna be good. It has Saber in it!

I don't understand. Fate Stay Night and Unlimited Blade Works also had Saber in it. And those were garbage.

Ezalc

firehawk12 said:
That's a weird complaint. She's shy and whimsical! I hear Americans are calling that "adorkable" now!

Her whistling is annoying. I don't mind shy, I don't mind "whimsical" I mind the irritating whistling that sucks.

Dresden

Guilty Crown - 2

I just don't get it, I guess. The show feels held back whenever boobs aren't jiggling or things aren't blowing up. There's all this stupid shit in between the action where jargon like antibodies and endlaves are tossed around characters for whom I feel nothing about.

It doesn't work as a serious sci-fi show and it doesn't work as some crazy whimsical CG successor, either. It's just boring most of the time.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dynedom said:
The Guilty Crown Train

The Undertakers
Zeroshiki
Dynedom
scy
Hellsing321
Instro
trejo
duckroll?

The Anti-Bodies
Everyone else

=(

Will update!

I'm going to be on the train that appears to be disintegrating into flames :(. Team Right!

Dresden said:
Guilty Crown - 2

I just don't get it, I guess. The show feels held back whenever boobs aren't jiggling or things aren't blowing up. It doesn't work as a serious sci-fi show and it doesn't work as some crazy whimsical CG successor, either.
There's not enough crazy in it. Mostly because peoples eyes aren't popping out of their heads and this dude sure doesn't do the crazy hand movements. He just rips swords out of chicks as they say sexually suggestive and very submissive things.

I have no idea whats going on, but I did like the Ghost in the Shell invisible camo the people had going on for a split second. And damn that cat girl and her big boobed wheelchair friend. I will watch just to see more.

Dresden

Rahxephon91 said:
There's not enough crazy in it. Mostly because peoples eyes aren't popping out of their heads and this dude sure doesn't do the crazy hand movements. He just rips swords out of chicks as they say sexually suggestive and very submissive things.

I have no idea whats going on, but I did like the Ghost in the Shell invisible camo the people had going on for a split second. And damn that cat girl and her big boobed wheelchair friend. I will watch just to see more.
I'd be down for 23 minutes of boobs and butts jiggling.

Instead we'll get boring boy's school life adventures.

zeroshiki

Dresden said:
I'd be down for 23 minutes of boobs and butts jiggling.

Instead we'll get boring boy's school life adventures.

Whatever, hater. You clearly don't appreciate the joys of a pink haired kuudere.

Jex

Dresden said:
Guilty Crown - 2

I just don't get it, I guess. The show feels held back whenever boobs aren't jiggling or things aren't blowing up. There's all this stupid shit in between the action where jargon like antibodies and endlaves are tossed around characters for whom I feel nothing about.

It doesn't work as a serious sci-fi show and it doesn't work as some crazy whimsical CG successor, either. It's just boring most of the time.
It just has a bad main character, sadly. This is the problem with not going far enough. Admittedly the show attempts to have a number of 'exciting' (e.g. ridiculous) moments in it but the director doesn't really embrace it with every facet of his being. That's why you have Shu dragging everything down as a tiresome main character.

Dresden

zeroshiki said:
Whatever, hater. You clearly don't appreciate the joys of a pink haired kuudere.
Wheelchairdere > kuudere
Rahxephon91 said:
I literally was yelling "oh this is an anime" at the end when it was revealed we are going back to school.
Yeah. >.>

At least the childhood friend is... well, fuck, the childhood friend is going to get childhood friend'd.
Jexhius said:
It just has a bad main character, sadly. This is the problem with not going far enough. Admittedly the show attempts to have a number of 'exciting' (e.g. ridiculous) moments in it but the director doesn't really embrace it with every facet of his being. That's why you have Shu dragging everything down as a tiresome main character.
As others have said, Gai would be the better lead. Feels like at one point the writers wondered if the Code Geass similarities were becoming too strong, so they pulled back and wrote in a blander protagonist.

Articalys

Guilty Crown 2

I love everything about this show. I'm not saying there's no chance it could eventually take a horrible nosedive, but for now I'm happy with it.
Along with Pingudrum, iM@S, and Fate/zero, it's at the top of my "most anticipated" list each week.
I guess that makes me an uncultured heathen by the standards of this community but I don't care anymore.

zeroshiki

Articalys said:
Guilty Crown 2

I love everything about this show. I'm not saying there's no chance it could eventually take a horrible nosedive, but for now I'm happy with it.
Along with Pingudrum, iM@S, and Fate/zero, it's at the top of my "most anticipated" list each week.
I guess that makes me an uncultured heathen by the standards of this community but I don't care anymore.

Nah, I have impeccable taste and I'm the one driving this Guilty Crown train
over a cliff

Reknoc

Un-Go 2

This is a bit more like it. The mystery is actually a mystery!
2/2 murders have been backstabs though
. I really like Inga when she goes into mental mode before transformation. Even better she didn't just autosolve the mystery this time!

Still the best ED this season.

Dresden

zeroshiki said:
Nah, I have impeccable taste and I'm the one driving this Guilty Crown train
over a cliff
Yeah and on my side I've watched the entirety of Oreimo and Infinite Stratos so it's probably more likely that Team Wrong is indeed Team Wrong.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dresden said:
Yeah and on my side I've watched the entirety of Oreimo and Infinite Stratos so it's probably more likely that Team Wrong is indeed Team Wrong.
IS is at least better at being at being manufactured shit though. And it isn't sitting in the noitaminA slot. :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Un-Going and going and going 02: In post-war Japan,
killing people will earn you just a slap on the wrist.
I would watch idlem@ster again if all the idols suddenly became
murderers
!

The OP is better than the ED motherfuckers.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
IS is at least better at being at being manufactured shit though. And it isn't sitting in the noitaminA slot. :(

The season with C and Anohana already poisoned that well.

Just wait for Spring.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Regulus Tera said:
Nope. The song might be better overall, but the accompanying sequence for the ED is just so slick. Also, that awesome piano intro that always kicks in at just the right moment...
More shows need to put care into how the end of the episode flows into the ED. Penguindrum also does this well.

Ratrat said:
Is Kurozuka worth watching? First ep did nothing for me and I have so many other shows I want to watch.

If it's anything like the manga, it's pretty much the most confusing thing you can watch. I hear the anime has very well animated fights though.

Reknoc

Regulus Tera said:

Look at you, look at how wrong you are. Everything about the ED is better.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Mr. Detective goes off on another weird rant. I had no idea what he was even talking about.

Branduil

Un-Good 2

Slightly less un-good this time. Still not good though. The culprit was immediately obvious; since the show is so short they don't have time to do false leads right.
Also, what's with both people being killed exactly the same way?

I think someone making this show has a fetish for girls feeling sick in a toilet stall. The worst part of this show, though, is the monologues where Shinjuro spews verbal diarrhea in a clunky exposition of the theme of the episode.

2-01.jpg

2-02.jpg

2-03.jpg

2-04.jpg

2-05.jpg

2-06.jpg

2-07.jpg

The episode ends in a heartwarming lesson of
murder pays off in the end, because music wants to be free, man. You can't control what the internet do.

Dropped.

Regulus Tera said:
Un-Going and going and going 02: In post-war Japan,
killing people will earn you just a slap on the wrist.
I would watch idlem@ster again if all the idols suddenly became
murderers
!

Can't "nope" hard enough.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Cube Cubed - Episode 3

The continuation and resolution of the last episode with the
fight scene
was really well done and then well there is the rest of the episode.

A look into Fear's backstory. It was honestly confusing both in terms of actual information and how it was animated. This show is definitely trying to do something artistically compared to the norm, but it really felt like a mess and really was just not very coherent.

This series suddenly feels a whole lot like ef (only not even close to being as good). You can really tell its the same director because the point of this episode was about Fear and her
sins. And how she is going to atone for these sins. And everybody else in the show atoning for their sins.

There is such a hard contrast between the two faces of the show. I'm not exactly sure what to make of the series yet. It's not bad but it hasn't been particularly good either. There have been more than a few flashes of a good show though, so I shall give it another few episodes.

This show is also so historically inaccurate it's pretty hilarious. So it at least has that going for it.

wsippel

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Good in the "shit's so bad it's fun" category. Right now it's just "shit's so bad it's boring" tier.

Less wordy-talky and more booby-kaboomy would have made Horizon worth the bother.
Shit's supposedly getting serious in the next episode. At least according to someone who knows the light novels.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Winning Crown 02: Boobies! Explosions! Kuroneko! More boobies, some in wheelchairs! This is what Horizon needed to be. Fuck yes this is awesome! I'm also in love with that singer.

Dynedom

Updated!

The Guilty Crown Train

The Undertakers
Zeroshiki
Dynedom
scy
Hellsing321
Instro
trejo
cajunator
darkside31337
Articalys
Regulus Tera
duckroll?

The Anti-Bodies
Everyone else

=(

Will update!

weeaboo

Guilty Crown 1-2

Not as good as everyone was expecting (anime not saved), enjoyable but definitely mediocre.

Also the new Penguin Drum OP is delicious, even with the stock footage.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Guilty Crown 02
I mostly just feel like I'm watching this because it's so good looking, but I guess that'll do for now. It would probably be way cooler without the CG gunk, because it's kind of hard to care about any of the stuff going on once a robot appears onscreen. Without the CG I guess the rest of Guilty Crown wouldn't look as great though, so maybe it's kind of a damned if you do damned if you don't thing.

For the foreseeable future I will keep watching for the cat ass.

vareon

Just watched Ben-to episode 2. It's actually really good. Expecting Gintama/School Rumble hilarity (when they took something so casual into an absurd level) is not the right mindset here, it's a different kind of fun. I enjoyed it.

zeroshiki

icarus-daedelus said:
I got around to watching id0lm@$ter 4 (which I think Dance in my Blood recommended I check out before dropping the show) and, yeah, it's definitely not for me. Maybe it's that the producer reminds me of a bland ineffectual KEY lead, or the creepiness and weird artificiality of it all. I dunno. It's easy on the eyes, at least - solid if not spectacular. The running frog theme just made me think I'd rather watch more Sgt Frog.

Where were you when I was having this argument with the Idolmaster brigade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom