• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuukan

weeaboo said:
So, about the Guilty Crown production values...

u3cpQ.jpg

Do you frequently pause shows to do facial measurement scans?

scy

A Black Falcon said:
Yeah, that is an interesting question, isn't it...
on the one hand you "expect" that character to probably be good, but on the other hand, this guy's showing a lot of signs of being a villain. Either they aren't doing the standard anime Sengoku narrative (and there is some variation, like how while Nobunaga is usually evil, occasionally that's different), or this is one of the effects of the breakdown of the historical recreation. It may be important to remember that the historical recreation is breaking down, when comparing their names to what you expect their actions to be.
Well, we'll see on that one, could go either way probably.

Wait, Nobunaga isn't evil? Anime has lied to me!
Yeah, there has to be some poetic license here, otherwise any shock and awe about characters is immediately lost when their important moments in history occur or historic deaths occur. It'll be refreshing to have a crazy, possibly evil, Tokugawa.

I don't know, maybe they were just playing... I mean, they were supposed to be friends, yes?

I suppose. We'll see if it gets expanded upon or if the only relevant bit was:
Horizon died, Tori blames himself.

Oh anime main character status, what does it not bring... (intelligence, for one... but apart from that... :)) But yeah, you basically just have to accept that for some odd reason these people, even though they think of him as the joke he is, actually like him. I don't know if it makes sense -- in Ep. 1 I sure didn't like him much -- but it did do a somewhat better job in eps 2 and 3. Still, it is probably a "this is anime, accept it" moment, yeah. There are a lot of those in this show, obviously.

Yup, basically~ MC status is a powerful ability.

Huh, so you were kind of confused too.
It did seem like they were setting it up for something to happen, but that little thing didn't quite make sense as something important... and then they broke apart and went different ways, so who knows. Oh well, I'm sure we will see all of those characters again. (I'd say "I'm sure things will be explained later", but in THIS show, I'm not exactly sure about that to say the least... :))

WE MEET. WE FIGHT. WE GRAB ASS. Depart. That's basically all that happened. Damn you, misleading built-up tension.

weeaboo said:
So, about the Guilty Crown production values...

It's moe.

Guilty Crown 2
tumblr_lte92s06eB1qcwjqao1_500.gif

Seems the some of the fanbase has already chosen the fan fave character on the anime and I have to agree. Well Shu is still cool but something about Lieutenant Yan. The episode was quite intense and mind blowing.
Kaleidoscope combined with the Shu being a master at using his skills in just one night, was just mind blowing in how overpowered and intense it was with those laser.
I cant wait to see where the series goes. Its making it into my top 5 favorites this year. I do wish scenes like these would be decreased...bump.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn 101-105
Ack theyve added back the ending stuff decreasing episode time, even worst its with Haru :( X burner is so awesome in the anime though.

scy

PdotMichael said:
come on:

artwork Ayase:

http://i.imgur.com/QMNFB.jpg[IMG]
over the top super hnnnnng!

vs.

anime Ayase:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qVtID.gif[IMG]
just a fanservice doll with bouncing boobs...

It makes me sad :/[/QUOTE]

I don't know if some bouncing boobs really makes her just a lump of fanservice now. I haven't seen the second episode yet so maybe it gets worse [spoiler]better[/spoiler] but, it feels a bit premature to call it.

Besides, after BokuTomo/Haganai, it'll take a lot to trump their gratuitous T&A moments.

7Th

scy said:
I don't know if some bouncing boobs really makes her just a lump of fanservice now. I haven't seen the second episode yet so maybe it gets worse
better
but, it feels a bit premature to call it.

Besides, after BokuTomo/Haganai, it'll take a lot to trump their gratuitous T&A moments.

She is cripple Kallen; are you expecting cripple Kallen to be more than a lump of fanservice?

Chihayafuru 2

A charming episode and I really liked it despite Taichi being a douchebag, I think he was able to redeem himself when he told the truth to Wataya. Definitely a great ep.

Chihayafuru 3

I could have sworn I was watching something similar with all the crying.lol But nonetheless a solid ep. as a set up which I think were going back to the present and see how things play out. I'm really enjoying this series and totally love the characters, can't wait to return to the present.

Steroyd

Persona 4 - 03

Wow I'm amazed anybody can screw up adapting something that was virtually already an anime, but I'm watching it happen infront of my eyes. O_O

Jex

duckroll said:
My intensive research has uncovered that there are an amazing SEVEN cuts worth of traditional 2D animated mecha action in episode 2 of Guilty Crown:
[...]Anime status: SAVED!
I remember when you didn't have to go around looking at individual cuts to find 2D mechanical animation.

duckroll

Jexhius said:
I remember when you didn't have to go around looking at individual cuts to find 2D mechanical animation.

I remember when we could talk about anime on a week to week basis without talking about it needing saving!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Steroyd said:
Persona 4 - 03

Wow I'm amazed anybody can screw up adapting something that was virtually already an anime, but I'm watching it happen infront of my eyes. O_O

Clearly you've never seen the Sakura Taisen TV series. Σ(゚д゚lll)

scy

Steroyd said:
Persona 4 - 03

I thought this was when they typically screwed up adapting something.

BluWacky

trejo said:
I'm gonna go ahead and advise you to watch episode 8 before finally dropping it for good. It's really charming and delightful in a cheesy 80's romcom sorta way and by far the best the show has had to offer, imo. Plus the characters all walking archetypes so you don't really need to know anything about them to enjoy it.

But this is exactly why I dislike Idolmaster...

Jex

7Th said:
I don't get AnimeGAF's obsession with getting people to watch cartoons they're most probably not enjoying.
It's all about enjoying things, together...even when other people aren't enjoying what you're enjoying. In other words, more enjoyment for everyone, apart from those people who aren't enjoying it.

duckroll

Penguin Drum Episode 15

I... really don't particularly like where the series is headed. I have issues coming to terms with the change in tone since ep12, and I honestly find the last two episodes (14 and 15) pretty weak in terms of direction and delivery on the actual themes they're presenting. I also feel there's a production drop off not just in terms of budget, but in terms of visual impact. Scenes don't seem to have as much impact as they should, and the way things are presented fall short of my expectations based on how well I know the staff can deliver it when they really give their all.

Risette

A Good Citizen
7Th said:
I don't get AnimeGAF's obsession with getting people to watch cartoons they're most probably not enjoying.
Maybe because some shows have episodes that may appeal to someone that didn't enjoy previous episodes because they are different.

Come on now, think! It's not that hard!

Aigis said:
Maybe because some shows have episodes that may appeal to someone that didn't enjoy previous episodes because they are different.

Come on now, think! It's not that hard!

i personally don't like to promote my hobby because I don't like it when ppl try to sell me their hobbies.

7Th

If you're going to watch just one IM@S episode, make it 17.
Do it to honor Hibiki's memory, who died in shitty outsourced hell for it to happen.

Cwarrior

Guity crown ep2

-21min of Zzzz and some jiggle
-extremely boring story, show should have been about wheele chair girl adventures
-I see the director brought over some of that T&A tech from madhouse.

Only way to save this show and the future of anime now is
bullet time matrix Ass jiggle Hsotd Style

duckroll

7Th said:
If you're going to watch just one IM@S episode, make it 17.
Do it to honor Hibiki's memory, who died in shitty outsourced hell for it to happen.
7Th said:

Risette

A Good Citizen
icarus-daedelus said:
Yeah I really hate you guys sometimes. Not really.
Did anybody tell you that The Tree of Life is set in
Waco
? :3
Nope. Lafiel's been hiding something from me it seems..

Oh and I get my Pierrot le Fou BD today too. Can't wait to experience some Godard for the first time!

--
anime anime shaft k-on japan anime

-Minsc-

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere

Watching the first two episodes and reading Anigaf impressions I have come to one conclusion. ADV needs to do a troll dub of this anime.

*goes back to watching Ghost Stories*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom