• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Thanks for that link. The song is fantastic.

Mawaru Penguin Hijinx 16
Mario is possessed by crazy grandfather person.
FUGU IS BAD FOR YOU!
I love this show so much.

MotionBlue said:
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 04

HAREM ASSEMBLE! So we have the
Tsundere, the loli, the rich bitch, perverted fujoshi, and the confused trap(?). All we're missing now is the brocon sister- Oh wait, thats next episode!
Still funny as hell.

childhood friend?

I have a great desire to watch it because of the Denpa Onna like character designs but harem anime...

cajunator

Banned
The Denpa Onna character design style is adorable. It makes me want to watch it too.
But there are many other shows to watch first.

Cwarrior

Black Lagoon ep10

Chick Fiiiiiight
Jb2MB.gif

-Crazy over the top action done in style NIICCE

scy

cajunator said:
Thanks for that link. The song is fantastic.

Most the Umineko MGs (and the Higurashi ones) have pretty good tracks. 'course, the actual video parts of them spoil the ever loving shit out of their respective games if you haven't played them.

Thoraxes said:
Penguimdrum 16
Also, why/how was the grandfather possessing Mario? I mean, he wasn't wearing the hat so it was something else.

Probably going to take the "it's magic we don't gotta explain that shit" route.

Frosteey

Neo Member
Penguin16

Just hearing about Guilty Crown 3 put me in a pretty bad mood and I'm not sure I want to watch it but this completely made up for that. There was nothing that was not amazing about this episode.

Little Kanba so mature : ( Survival Strategy makes a much needed and great appearance. Also this episode combined with inkvading English has shown me a Japanese mastery of the language that I would never have expected to see over the course of my life, let alone in a single season.

Chihayafuru 4

Card game was surprisingly watchable, Taichi surprisingly likable, and chocolate super edible. Everything was pretty great except for Arata at the end. Like, they could maybe take it in a few interesting directions, but it's probably nothing but drama and I don't like Arata anyway so it's kind of bummer.

Dresden

Frosteey said:
Chihayafuru 4

Card game was surprisingly watchable, Taichi surprisingly likable, and chocolate super edible. Everything was pretty great except for Arata at the end. Like, they could maybe take it in a few interesting directions, but it's probably nothing but drama and I don't like Arata anyway so it's kind of bummer.
Fellow Team Taichi nakama?

wsippel

Banned
Frosteey said:
Penguin16

Just hearing about Guilty Crown 3 put me in a pretty bad mood and I'm not sure I want to watch it but this completely made up for that. There was nothing that was not amazing about this episode.

Little Kanba so mature : ( Survival Strategy makes a much needed and great appearance. Also this episode combined with inkvading English has shown me a Japanese mastery of the language that I would never have expected to see over the course of my life, let alone in a single season.
You should have watched Guilty Crown first. That's what I did. Pingdrum immediately erased all those bad memories.

Thoraxes

MotionBlue said:
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 04

HAREM ASSEMBLE! So we have the
Tsundere, the loli, the rich bitch, perverted fujoshi, and the confused trap(?). All we're missing now is the brocon sister- Oh wait, thats next episode!
Still funny as hell.
As much as you can be a fujoshi for robot penis.

Obsessed said:
Probably going to take the "it's magic we don't gotta explain that shit" route.
I figured it'll probably be something close to that. It totally caught me off guard though, that's for sure.
I'm almost wondering if maybe, there's like some soul in their family that transfers to its male descendants, and since the father didn't accept it, Mario was next in line or something.

scy

Mawaru Penguindrum 16

Maids are universally useful in anime, huh...
So many deaths. So many. Young Masako is adorable. Young Kanba is already a player. The entire grandfather bits were ridiculous. Not sure what to make out of the train sequence yet

I am confused.

PdotMichael said:
childhood friend?

I have a great desire to watch it because of the Denpa Onna like character designs but harem anime...

The
tsundere
IS the childhood friend... kind of.

And what is going on with your avatar?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Phi Brain 04: I continue to enjoy this show, despite the completely ridiculous premise. :p Nonoha did an epic throwdown when Ana Gram (hah!) started pulling a Haruhi. :p
'cept "she" is a guy. Hah!
It also marks the first time I've heard an anime specifically refer to an old lady as a "tsundere".

Gintama 76

From poop jokes to serious character drama in one episode. This is Gintama, alright.

I like the new manservice ED. The prince's appearance is as horrifying as can be expected.

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi 2 ep 4
tumblr_ltsntqr1pn1r3yezco1_500.gif

Well for a period of time that was an excellent episode but then it just got anger inducing.
Its maddening how Chiaki is so obsessed with Tori and it made no sense that he lets himself fall to the whim of Tori even before admitting he had feelings for him, yet when under Yuu, he is in strict denial and even punches him. It was a tearjerker even for Yuu is just so baffled at how Tori is better than him. I dont get it either! The ending was stupid too because how is it trying to be happy yet we have Yuu who was in tears. I hope Yuu gets something in the end.

Thoraxes

cosmicblizzard said:
Persona 4 4

So both Chie and Yukiko get added backstory that wasn't in the game? Damn, Yosuke got shafted :/
Which part? The only stuff I thought was new was just actually showing what she does after -school.
The dog and bird are all mentioned in game, and the same goes with their friendship reasons.

Though I don't remember the episode too well.

Gintama 79

Did we really just have a whole episode
consisting of a battle entirely fought in four separate bathroom stalls in which all the strategizing is over the lack of toilet paper?
Amazing.

Thoraxes said:
Which part? The only stuff I thought was new was just actually showing what she does after -school.
The dog and bird are all mentioned in game, and the same goes with their friendship reasons.

Though I don't remember the episode too well.

But they aren't shown in actual flashbacks. They're just mentioned.

hosannainexcelsis said:
Gintama 79

Did we really just have a whole episode
consisting of a battle entirely fought in four separate bathroom stalls in which all the strategizing is over the lack of toilet paper?
Amazing.

AKA Crap Note. You don't normally see something like that pulled off well outside stuff like Sexy Commando or Bobobobo.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
flawfuls said:
What douchey thing did he do as a teenager?
Based on the episodes, it's clear he still wants to do funny things with Chihaya, but he already has a girlfriend (which, incidentally, he tells her is disposable).

If there's some reason to find him likeable, I don't know what that is.

Cwarrior

firehawk12 said:
Based on the episodes, it's clear he still wants to do funny things with Chihaya, but he already has a girlfriend (which, incidentally, he tells her is disposable).

If there's some reason to find him likeable, I don't know what that is.

None of them are likable, hope she trolls both them to say later on karuta her only love.

It's clear Arata going to win.

Cwarrior

Hellsing321 said:
He broke the number one Childhood friend rule. You must always remain forever alone if you don't get picked by the harem lead.

Funny how chihaya all over him as soon she finds out his got a girlfriend, but am sure his going to leave his girl to chase the bait only to end up forever alone in the end(hehe).

Jex

Jo Jo's Bizzare Adventure 8-10

The most important thing about Jo Jo's OVA, for those who aren't aware, is that they are pretty much nothing but battles between characters. There's very little padding on the action itself.

More importantly, the action is not resolved by one person suddenly becoming stronger than the other, both sides have unique abilities and it's only through exploiting their unique abilities that victory can be obtained. The characters have to think their way out of tough spots by doing logical things. For example, if you're up against a character who uses fire to attack you, damage a water pipe and use that water to defend yourself, rather than just hitting them harder.

This second half sure gets off to an amazing start. No fluff on this. Nothing but excellent, strategic fights (with surprisingly cartoony and enjoyable facial expressions).

jojo2.jpg

It's really worth noting how different the 8+9 are to 10. They really manage to mix up what the viewer is experiencing each episode, while still maintaining the same essential elements.
For example, a truly excellent gambling battle!

Y'all missing out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom