• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Sayaka got screwed hard in the show, it's only fitting that she'd be screwed in the Saimoe draw as well.

Sayaka's fate is always ;;

zeroshiki said:
Before people go lolol noitamina, note that the block still has an average rating of 2.1 which is still higher than the Fractale season. Ep10 of Fractale/Wandering Son got a 0.9.
Didn't that happen right after the tsunami?

Jex

Articalys said:
Maybe you could provide a translation so those of us less gifted in the art of foreign languages can know what's going on there?
Or some kind of further explanation. I believe it's viewing figures.

duckroll

Fate/Zero Ep5

Man, this was the most animu episode yet. They need to stop fighting and go back to what made the series great in the first place - real men sitting around and talking like gangsters. More HBO, less TV Tokyo. Still enjoyed it though. The art is great, and even the CG is pleasant to look at. Too bad Nico's player is so shit that anything with high motion turns into bitrate hell.

zeroshiki

Hellsing321 said:
Didn't that happen right after the tsunami?

Did it? Either way, Fractale also scored a 1.3 for Episode 9. Usagi Drop/No.6 got a 1.2 for Episode 1 and there are tons of 1.5's littered about. Its a bad rating but its not completely horrible or signals the death of Noitamina in any way.

Besides, we all know Noitamina died when they aired the last episode of Bunny Drop ;_; (2.5 btw)

duckroll

zeroshiki said:
Did it? Either way, Fractale also scored a 1.3 for Episode 9. Usagi Drop/No.6 got a 1.2 for Episode 1 and there are tons of 1.5's littered about. Its a bad rating but its not completely horrible or signals the death of Noitamina in any way.

Besides, we all know Noitamina died when they aired the last episode of Bunny Drop ;_; (2.5 btw)

I dunno. All those shows you listed are bombs. You should be comparing Guilty Crown with Anohana, because that's what Aniplex expects out of it. Better or higher. In both sales and ratings. If noitaminA turns into an hour long otaku block, and still fails to capture a larger audience, then it has truly and completely failed because it would have abandoned the original audience for nothing, turning itself into nothing but another forgettable late night anime block which can be found on any other station in Japan on any day.

Jex

Articalys said:
Okay, okay. Just... think of it as a delayed request for when the blog article is a bit more complex in nature.
Even so, just posting a link with a lot of Japanese text and a number in it isn't very informative. It's a fair enough request, I'm sure.

48 hours till Squid Girl :)

Squid Girl will saves the fall season, again, slowly but surely!

LEvL4.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
duckroll said:
I dunno. All those shows you listed are bombs. You should be comparing Guilty Crown with Anohana, because that's what Aniplex expects out of it. Better or higher. In both sales and ratings. If noitaminA turns into an hour long otaku block, and still fails to capture a larger audience, then it has truly and completely failed because it would have abandoned the original audience for nothing, turning itself into nothing but another forgettable late night anime block which can be found on any other station in Japan on any day.

Usagi Drop bombed?

Didn't the DVD/BD just come out yesterday? I wonder how the sales are :(

duckroll said:

BRS for that nail then :p

darkside31337 said:
Usagi Drop bombed?

Didn't the DVD/BD just come out yesterday? I wonder how the sales are :(

Were people expecting it not to bomb?

Just curious.

duckroll

PdotMichael said:
bomb = financial disaster

just lower sales than a standard harem-fanservice anime is not "bombed".

Yes. Bomb = financial disaster. Fractale is definitely a bomb, and likely never made any money back at all.

Reknoc

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 8-10

8 and 9 were pretty good since they introduce the best dog. However 10 was god like. It was already my favourite arc in the manga and the anime did it justice.
Probably one of the best animated breakdowns.

Jex

Reknoc said:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 8-10

8 and 9 were pretty good since they introduce the best dog. However 10 was god like. It was already my favourite arc in the manga and the anime did it justice.
Probably one of the best animated breakdowns.
Well, I don't know if they would go that far, but they really went to town with extensively cartoony and exaggerated facial features, camera angles and camera movement. It was well directed and animated.

Reknoc

Jexhius said:
Well, I don't know if they would go that far, but they really went to town with extensively cartoony and exaggerated facial features, camera angles and camera movement. It was well directed and animated.

I'd go as far to say that it was GOODU.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Zero no Tsukaima S2 06-End: Finally got back to this one. You know, I really don't believe that Saito actually "loves" Louise like he keeps saying he does, considering how much of a lecher he constantly acts like. Frankly, he should go for the Princess, she's fucking hot in a button down shirt. XD

Even though it was completely obvious for a few episodes, I like how Agnes's story played out. But overall this one felt less climactic, which is odd considering they were definitely trying to make it moreso than before. I dunno why it didn't register with me, but whatever. On to Season 3, where even bigger, monstrous boobs enter the story.

Instro

Working Yamada 5

Another really good episode, had a number of funny bits in there. Also more Yamada. Takanashi is pedo supreme.

cajunator

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Dem legs

Makes me wanna watch Kon.
I hate that they stretched out all the K-ON bluray releases. Still haven't gotten 4 and it wont come out until Nov 22nd. This is what I used to hate about companies releasing volume by volume.

Jex

Articalys said:
Oh, sure, when megukas are involved you guys can't even wait an hour for someone to do this properly[...]
[Madoka]

Strangely enough, or rather, perhaps not so strangely, I was never really attached or invested in the 'characters' of that show. None of them really left any lasting impression, which is never a good thing.

I'm sure you could argue for a while about the role of archetypes in such a story, but still.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Zero no Tsukaima S3 1-4: And they named monster-boobs Tiffania just so they could call her Tifa for short. Very subtle guys. :p The boob war is on, apparently. Anyhoo, Saito continues to be a lech, Louise is as tsundere as ever, Siesta and the Princess are as hot as ever, and Tifa... well her boobs are ginormous. Like, GGG cups or something.

Also, Saito becoming an aristocrat was an interesting decision, though not much is made of it after the initial celebration. Louise seriously needs to drop her pride and stop expecting the dense Saito to telepathically figure out what she's thinking, he's too busy thinking about boobs. Remember when I said I don't believe when he says he actually loves her? I still hold to that assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom