• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Tamayura ~hitotose~ 4

Holy whistle moe overload.

Instro said:
Team Arata...Team Taichi...you're all forgetting the other possibility. Team Sensei.
dkEiq.gif

gonna have to switch to team sensei on this.

Steroyd

Cwarrior said:
Funny how chihaya all over him as soon she finds out his got a girlfriend, but am sure his going to leave his girl to chase the bait only to end up forever alone in the end(hehe).

I bet she's only mad at Taichi getting a girlfriend because it means less time for Karuta practice.

I'm sticking with team karuta.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Idolm@ster 17 - Sushio did not disappoint this week. There was some excellent and expressive character animation, and the direction and stuff were good to, plus any episode that revolves around makoto is impossible to be boring.

Regulus Tera said:
The imaishim@ster 17: Fucking Producer-san cockblocked me from getting awesome Gurren Lagann-esque idol-battling. :mad:

Trigger rules, GAINAX drools! I wish the rest of idlem@sters were like this.

If you like that episode you'll probably like most of the good im@s episodes.:/

Defuser

hosannainexcelsis said:
Gintama 79

Did we really just have a whole episode
consisting of a battle entirely fought in four separate bathroom stalls in which all the strategizing is over the lack of toilet paper?
Amazing.
It's the favorite episode of many gintama fans.

Maken-Ki! 4 - This show exists to remind people that yes, it IS possible to make a harem show worse than your average harem show. This is that show, and it is truly terrible. The story is moronic, it is deeply sexist, the MC is one of the biggest idiots since Fate/Stay Night's (yes, expect more like ep. 3 this time; the details are different, but the sentiment is the same.), as I said last episode, the characters are all stupid, the humor is almost never funny (
a one-second bit where the girl working at the maid cafe who gets angry at the MC because she doesn't want people to know he works there, and flips him off has he walks away, was probably the funniest thing in the episode
) mad, the writing is bad, the episodes are incredibly generic, and more. Basically, it does pretty much everything wrong, and just about nothing right.

In addition, of course, the thing is flooded with fanservice. It's overdone, really... I mean, you can have an extremely fanservicey show that is also entertaining and fun to watch (and have a decent plot too) -- for instance, the various Aika animes, all of which were solid... or you can have something like this, where there's constant, stupid fanservice that just comes off as the desperate attempt to get attention and viewers that it is. It's pretty stupid.

So, the first part of this episode is basically a pointless series of fanservice scenes with "plot" bits in between servicing to come up with excuses for the next bit of fanservice. The girls are all so good at sports, but the guys are bad. We get it. Why is he still better than them anyway, then (I mean, in his super mode, not the normal him)? Oh right, because of sexism.

In the second part, he goes out on a not-a-date date with the tsun girl. She makes him hold her packages, he gets pushed into her changing room in a lingerie store, they get attacked by several people,
she seems for a few seconds to actually be a good fighter (as we know she is) until she makes a mistake and the MC unconciously goes into super mode and rescues her, and she is impressed by his macho glory and kisses him (on the mouth) in front of both of the girls at the end. Yeah. Ugh.
So yeah, the message of this show is that being a sexist jerk pays off and gets you girls, I guess? :p

But anyway, as always this show is atrociously bad. I would not actively recommend it to anyone. Watch it now if you like suffering!

cajunator

Banned
jump_button said:
wouldnt mind if they cover the guys belly
The main problem with loli depictions in anime is that they often have the proportions of an older girl. Look how arched her back is. Younger girls don't look like that yet. Its kind of ridiculous exaggeration and over-sexualizing.

What show is that anyway? I don't even recognize it or anything in it.

Steroyd

cajunator said:
The main problem with loli depictions in anime is that they often have the proportions of an older girl. Look how arched her back is. Younger girls don't look like that yet. Its kind of ridiculous exaggeration and over-sexualizing.

What show is that anyway? I don't even recognize it or anything in it.

Surely the hair would tell you it's Yu-Gi-Oh... or Shiki.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
darkside31337 said:
Don't get a head of yourself pal.

Ika Musume is gonna destroy Mami.

You shall sea.
I'm okay with that outcOme, but c'mon! Kuroneko was the best chance the anti-Meguca faction had and she lost against the weakest Meguca.

A Sayaka vs Kyouko final would be bittersweet, I ponder.

/XX/

Well conducted episode and with personality, if this is like a presentation of what TRIGGER is capable of, I certainly like what I see... of course, it will be the sum of its amazing key staff members, that has demonstrated what they can do by far in the past.

I'm skeptical of their future position, though. As example, there has been multimedia companies associations (akin to conglomerates) that were born with the premise of common but also restrictively channeled objectives. I don't know what to expect from them at this moment, or their dependency status or creative progress, so I'll remain cautious in assigning them a role at the moment.

Jexhius said:
Now, whenever I see that gambler, D'Arby, always comes to mind its parody on this episode of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure TAS:

JJBATAS Parody: Episode 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_GbKz0E8Nk

Regulus Tera said:
I'm okay with that outcOme, but c'mon! Kuroneko was the best chance the anti-Meguca faction had and she lost against the weakest Meguca.

A Sayaka vs Kyouko final would be bittersweet, I ponder.
Too bad it won't get to that. Madoka is going to slaughter her division, and then come for Kyouko.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Steroyd said:
Wait, that's reccomendable to other people!?

Sure. It hasn't been particularly great, it's certainly not Code Geass, or even Eden of the East or sadly enough not even Ghost in the Shell but I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes thus far.

It hasn't lived up to expectations but at least it's not Un-Go.

NewFresh

darkside31337 said:
Sure. It hasn't been particularly great, it's certainly not Code Geass, or even Eden of the East or sadly enough not even Ghost in the Shell but I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes thus far.

I haven't watched past ep.1 of Un-Go yet. Did it stay crap?

Steroyd

EmmanuelMunoz said:
I haven't watched past ep.1 of Un-Go yet. Did it stay crap?

The mysteries are piss easy to solve and you end up waiting half an episode for the "reveal", eps 2 - 3 are an improvement from the 1st, but that's not saying much.

NewFresh

Steroyd[B said:
]The mysteries are piss easy to solve and you end up waiting half an episode for the "reveal"[/B], eps 2 - 3 are an improvement from the 1st, but that's not saying much.

That was my main problem with the first episode. That's disappointing though, I was hoping for a good mystery show.

Cwarrior

darkside31337 said:
Fate/Zero
Chihayafuru
Working'!!
Guilty Crown
All My Friends Are Dead

huh Why?

darkside31337 said:

both are bad but un-good the better show for being more stupid and not annoying cliché like GC.

Steroyd said:
I'm sticking with team karuta.

tumblr_leez9xcfN01qzr2th.gif

7Th

Last week was much, much better.
The story was standard shounen-style trash talk with little plot progression and the action wasn't even particularly pretty or exciting this time around. It's a real shame that the ugly CG atrocity got the most animation, too.

Neo C.

cajunator said:
Since the show insists on pretending that Takane doesn't exist I suppose you can put me on Team Makoto.
Takane still got her funny moments, but we still have to wait for a bigger role of her.

MPD 16 spoiler question:

I don't know if this is just me, but did anyone else think that
Masako's father looks like Kanba's father? We only saw the back of the guy's head during the train scene, but it seems to be the same general hairstyle and skin tone.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Obsessed said:
MPD 16 spoiler question:

I don't know if this is just me, but did anyone else think that
Masako's father looks like Kanba's father? We only saw the back of the guy's head during the train scene, but it seems to be the same general hairstyle and skin tone.
It wouldn't be Ikuhara without Incest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom