• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsippel

Banned
firehawk12 said:
To paraphrase Adachi in Cross Game, "In Japan, it's legal to marry your cousin!"
Not just in Japan. It's legal in Germany as well. It's rather rare, and people are usually encouraged to have some medical tests done beforehand. There's even an ongoing debate to legalize all forms of incest because the risks are well known and sexual freedom is a consitutional right. I don't expect that to happen, though.

Articalys said:
Good night AnimeGAF...

NItRd.png

See you in five hours...

If this is too creepy to have as an inline image let me know and I'll get rid of it right away.

It turns me on

Fate Zero 5

Well so much for the false start, the scene with the servants seemed like a more proper start of the Holy Grail War. Anyway I'm glad Rider stood up for Waver, can't have our adorable master breaking down right at the start of the war. So like did
caster mistake Saber for Joan of Arc or something???

Ben-To 4

For one reason or another I really can't stand Shiraume, good thing her screen time is very limited. Shaga on the other hand was alright, hope she can put up more of a fight next time.

Hela

Macross Frontier 13
Wow, finally something happened. In fact so much happened it made up for the last 5 or so episodes being about nothing and singing and it rekindled my interest in the series.

Articalys

There is probably a lot of fakery involved, but still hahahaohwow.jpg:

GmsGP.png

Fate/zero 5

I really like this show, probably because all the characters are so interesting. Also, it looks very... clean, for lack of a better word.

froliq

Any must watch shows that aired either this year or last year?

Haven't watched anything for 2 years and after watching some P4 the animation, I have a urge to actually watch some good animu

zeroshiki

froliq said:

Haven't watched anything for 2 years and after watching some P4 the animation, I have a urge to actually watch some good animu

It depends on your tastes, really. But doing this blind, I'd recommend:

Usagi Drop

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446035

Hanasaku Iroha

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426988

Those are completed series. If you accept something ongoing

Mawaru Penguin Drum

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436548

Steroyd

Halycon said:
Ben-to has:
More fights than Fate/Zero
More lesbians than MPD
More blonde sleepy-head sluts than IM@S
More thigh meat than a KFC

Ben-to show of the year if they can keep this up.

All that has to happen is not make the loli annoying, and we're good to go.

zeroshiki

I have no friends except 2 hot girls - 01

Wow that OP is mind bendingly bad. I like the setup in this. Its a straight ripoff of Haruhi's setup but its kinda interesting. I'm gonna pick this up and watch more.

What kind of mystery genre is Gosick ? (as is it "fair" like Conan, Kindaichi or Tantei Gakuen Q, or "unfair" as Majin Tantei Neuro when the answer is often pulled out of nowhere ?)

faridmon

Tribes of Trusty said:
What kind of mystery genre is Gosick ? (as is it "fair" like Conan, Kindaichi or Tantei Gakuen Q, or "unfair" as Majin Tantei Neuro when the answer is often pulled out of nowhere ?)
Fair like Conan? what is so fair about a boy stumbling across the clues all the time?

faridmon said:
Fair like Conan? what is so fair about a boy stumbling across the clues all the time?
Like when you watch it, there is no clue that is hidden to the viewer, you have access to all the information the detective has, that's what I mean by "fair" (clues are stumbled upon, that's normal I'd say).

Jex

Tribes of Trusty said:
Like when you watch it, there is no clue that is hidden to the viewer, you have access to all the information the detective has, that's what I mean by "fair" (clues are stumbled upon, that's normal I'd say).
I've only seen the first episode, but the solution was very obvious, unfortunately. More importantly, it was a pretty bad series all round, so I wouldn't watch it at all.

Steroyd

Tribes of Trusty said:

Sadly it's none of that, the mysteries are too easy to solve too early on, and the characters only have to say one sentece to suss it out.

Ben To 4
tumblr_ltv7e6W5mi1qdfvslo1_500.jpg

Guess my favorite characters are Saito, Beauty of the Lake, The Wizard, and the Ice Witch. I enjoy everyones nick names. If only the newest character would join the club, love her and saitos friendship.

Jex

froliq said:

Usagi Drop is definetely the easiest thing to recommend in your situation, not knowing what else you've seen. It's short, accessible and it's subject matter is something that anyone can enjoy. Unless you hate kids.

froliq

C3 ep 5

President actually getting injured as well as actually being in the know about things was shocking. Im going to miss the antagonist
The first half of the episode was nice and hectic, memorable with its music and animation choices. The actual episode was too short, something could have lasted longer for the lengthy after credits thing was pointless and dull.

Instro

froliq said:

Last year:
House of the 5 Leaves
Tatami Galaxy
Durarara
Sora No Woto
Kuragehime
Katanagatari
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
There was also K-On S2, if you watched the first season.

Probably missing a couple there...

This year:
Usagi Drop
Penguin Drum
Madoka
Hanasaku Iroha
Wandering Son
Fate/Zero...so far anyway.

edit
Oh and Redline is a really fun racing movie. Watch that.

iavi

Typographenia said:
...tell me more.

I have Project A-ko and Blue Gender on standby to watch. Looking forward to both.

Blue Gender's no incredible anime, imo, but it was fun throughout, and unintentionally hilarious. The best kind of hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom