• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how hard Ikuhara tries, anime cannot be saved.

Bones is trying their best to kill anime too!

Not really. I could be alien. I could be dead. I could be alive and alien. I could be a dead human. I could be merely existing in a world of half dead half humans or half alive half aliens. I could be a computer myself. I could be GOD. I COULD BE GOD.
But really, I'm just a little penguin who digs animu and Zelda.
Meep!

I bet if I cut your little pengi body open, I can find out what is truly inside~

HUGE MIRAI NIKKI SPOILER DO NOT HIGHLIGHT THIS UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE MANGA OR WATCHED IT ON WIKIPEDIA:
Actually, I'm God. This world is on it's second iteration, you see. I became God in the previous world and time-leaped to this parallel world.

Articalys

Every part of that is classic, right down to the Haruhi rip-off pose in the art.

So the combination of
- hair ribbon worn in that style
- school uniform
- indignant stance with hands on hips
automatically makes it a Haruhi ripoff now?

I don't actually care about this show

Jex

So the combination of
- hair ribbon worn in that style
- school uniform
- indignant stance with hands on hips
automatically makes it a Haruhi ripoff now?
Err, I think I'll let the market decide:
ftLG4.jpg
THE_MELANCHOLY_OF_HARUHI_SUZUMIYA.jpg

I guess Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai might just be a super creative and original work.

The prequel theatrical release gives people more information to understand this episode fully from what I've heard, so it's not really disjointed and bizarre considering the timing of the release and the airing of this episode.

Requiring outside knowledge to understand an episode is bad writing. Also, that editing is really, really off, regardless of any assumed knowledge.

Articalys

Err, I think I'll let the market decide:

I guess Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai might just be a super creative and original work.
I was mostly being sarcastic; it's not like I think there's anything worthwhile about it anyway. To be fair though, I wasn't thinking about the Haruhi design until you pointed it out.

Dresden

The tsundere will be the romantic interest, the ten year old is the . . . cocktease, and . . .

Let's not talk about the three year old.

Durarara 1-2

I dont really know what to expect from this show, but the first 2 eps. have been pretty entertaining so far, especially when ep. 2 practically happened the same time as ep. 1 but at a different place and perspective.

Pachael

High School DxD

I read that as High School D&D where the protagonists alternate between shooting the breeze, and playing tabletop RPGs and participating in D&D tourneys. I'd have watched that.

I'm part of the problem, ain't I? Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.

Instro

MPD 20

Wow, that might have been my favorite episodes of the show so far. Certainly one of the best looking episodes at least, with some pretty backgrounds and good animation. The scenes in the Child Broiler were pretty amazing. With the way MPD is going, I'll probably end up re-watching it fairly soon after it finishes up just to wrap my head around it all. The show really blurs the line between between symbolism/metaphor and reality, which makes an episode like this so interesting to watch. I'm extremely excited to see how these final episodes turn out. Don't fail me now Ikuhara!

Jex

this is funny because she has glasses so she's like a NERD and she's a GIRL so she likes YAOI so yeah FUJOSHI are HILARIOUS

xjZKS.jpg

The writing in Guilty Crown is some of the most thought-provoking I've seen in a while. You'll scratch you're head wondering where they came up with it all.

Instro

Guilty Crown 7

Oh Gai, you suave bastard. lulz what a ridiculous episode, Dan is fucking awesome, Shu not being a whiny bitch, sparkly fireworks everywhere. Gai and Shu are total bros now. Shu's mom is so :cajun, what a milf. The show is fucking dumb, but at least its entertaining.

sleepykyo

I read that as High School D&D where the protagonists alternate between shooting the breeze, and playing tabletop RPGs and participating in D&D tourneys. I'd have watched that.

I'm part of the problem, ain't I? Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.

Not quite a high school anime, but Dorkness Rising might float your boat.

Cubed x Cursed x Curious 8

Holy shit, that first half was the best sequence since the last third of episode 2. The brutality, the art style shifts, the fast paced directing and choreography, the facial expressions the soundtrack; everything about it was mind blowing! 2nd half on the other hand was just alright, though it also had some interesting art style shifts.

Really loving how this has turned out. Definitely surprise of the season.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai!

ftLG4.jpg

Japan!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you!

I can feel my soul slowly and bitterly dying in the corner in fetal position. College student/middle schooler brother sister incest romance with pederastic incestual undertones, all within the context of a comedy. Why in God's name are these people even ANIMATING this?

And now that focus of incest is a Kugiloli, so now I know I'm going to watch at least the first episode. And I'm probably required to like it too. I hate myself and this series hasn't even started yet! D:<

This plus that "loli but not loli, bishie but really shota" show is really going to make me question the purpose of continuing life...

Thoraxes

You know what I just realized?

Black Friday shopping is like real-life Ben-to.
I am a wolf, and come out with the honor seal every year.
Maybe i'll get a nom de guerre.

cajunator

Banned
Does anywhere still sell Corrector Yui discs?
Rightstuf isn't selling it and I recently I have decided that I want that series along with Saber Marionette J. I hate how fucking hard it is to buy older series, and those arent even that old. It's no wonder that today's kids growing up don't care about older anime. they can't even fucking watch it.

wsippel

Banned
Persona 8

What the fuck happened? Style shift and outright comedy all of a sudden? And a few really cool animations here and there. That was a very nice surprise, just when I was about to drop the show.

Guilty Crown 7

Oh Gai, you suave bastard. lulz what a ridiculous episode, Dan is fucking awesome, Shu not being a whiny bitch, sparkly fireworks everywhere. Gai and Shu are total bros now. Shu's mom is so :cajun, what a milf. The show is fucking dumb, but at least its entertaining.
Dan should get his own show. Magnificent bastard.

cajunator

Banned
Okay, once in awhile someone actually writes something interesting about an anime on anime blog. When such a rare event occurs I feel that it needs to be mentioned elsewhere: Imperialism, Translation, Gunbuster (Episode One)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other cool stuff going down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VFRhaNnne8c

My roommates blog is pretty good but he doesn't update very often.
http://anime.nickistre.net/

Steroyd

Recorder to Rondoseru

http://i.imgur.com/KuxV2.jpg[IMG]

WUT[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to wonder if they pick these things specifically because of Rie Kugiyama.

[quote="Trojita, post: 32967503"]Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ftLG4.jpg[IMG]

Japan!!!!!!!!!!!!
[SPOILER]
I love you![/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Usagi Drop feels like such a long time now. :(

Guilty Crown 7

I wonder if the Voids are ever going to backfire. So far, they've fit the situation perfectly. I mean it's cool and all, but I kind of get tired of deus ex machina when they don't lead to badass 1 on 1 fights.

How would they write in 1 on 1 fights beyond Void v Mecha? Well I guess I could see if somehow someone on the GHQ side acquired a Void Genome? I cant remember if it was even stated if there are other Void Genomes from the one Inori took.

How would they write in 1 on 1 fights beyond Void v Mecha? Well I guess I could see if somehow someone on the GHQ side acquired a Void Genome? I cant remember if it was even stated if there are other Void Genomes from the one Inori took.

They said they know of 3 Void Genomes early on.

I don't think the fighting is really the focus of this show, anyways. If you want SHOUNEN HAATO, this probably isn't the show for you. Same with Code Geass, actually.

With Penguindrum, if my prediction about the
Child Broiler and Sanetoshi being the one who ran it, not to mention the elixirs (being made out of disappearing children) he gave to Himari are both correct,
then I will be hyped as hell that I finally predicted something right.
Doesn't he say in Episode 18-19 that
he wants that the Takakura fulfill their plan? But the Takakura's plan is to destroy the Child Broiler.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
You know what I just realized?

Black Friday shopping is like real-life Ben-to.
I am a wolf, and come out with the honor seal every year.
Maybe i'll get a nom de guerre.

Same here, I fought and emerged victorious with a 46" TV. Watched The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya on it last night. Absolutely stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom