• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

iavi

I don't mind a Yoshiwara arc movie. Gintoki vs Hosen was epic.
It wouldn't be the worst thing, I guess. And the Yoshiwara arc would be a great arc to get the treatment, but Im dying for an original take. Do it like Bleach, or the Spider arc, and nomsensically ship Gintoki off with some random woman during it, and they can have the pennies in my pocket right now. Fund the film with them.

duckroll

I wasn't asking for opinions on the concept though, since this was announced ages ago. I want reactions to the video I linked! Lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The dragons look like they belong in a completely different CG movie, one with a decent studio behind it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It wouldn't be the worst thing, I guess. And the Yoshiwara arc would be a great arc to get the treatment, but Im dying for an original take. Do it like Bleach, or the Spider arc, and nomsensically ship Gintoki off with some random woman during it, and they can have the pennies in my pocket right now. Fund the film with them.
I want some Gintoki x Shinpachi action please!

duckroll

Nintendo should remake OoT, WW, TP, and SS into one game split over 4 different stories where the player gets to play as Zelda during those games.

Uchip

Banned
Nintendo should remake OoT, WW, TP, and SS into one game split over 4 different stories where the player gets to play as Zelda during those games.

being ganons prisoner inside a blue crystal doesnt sound very fun
SS is suitable though and maybe WW
though shiek could be interesting...

Horizon 9

Great battle for Kimi. +mad respect for her and Tori now that we finally got some more back story.

Epic walk off at the end there. This is the kind of scene you see after playing a JRPG for 50 hours or watching a long shounen anime where the main group is about to confront the final villain. I wish there was more time to flesh out these characters because the cast really is interesting. Might have to check out the novels even though I'm illiterate.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Chihayafuru 08: "I-It's not like I like karuta or anything, I just don't want her to call me Porky!"

This is not a show I would marathon.
Chihaya X Porky is my OTP

I really like youthful btw.
You wouldn't be saying that if you knew where that phrase comes from... 9___9
*googles*

what the shit-

Uchip

Banned
Chihayafuru 08: "I-It's not like I like karuta or anything, I just don't want her to call me Porky!"

This is not a show I would marathon.
Chihaya X Porky is my OTP

Pokey_Porky.png

??

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
A long long time 'til light music 03:

BrWH4l.jpg

Dear Princess Celestia,

Friendship can be a difficult thing to preserve. Becoming friends with someone entails a great responsibility, because that friendship can get in the way of important stuff like keeping a school club from disbanding. What's important is to remain patient and consider that friends may sometimes need our help, even when they have proven themselves to be inept simpletons again and again.

Your faithful student,

Mio Akiyama
http://local-static0.forum-files.fobby.net/forum_attachments/0009/6020/Pokey_Porky.png
??
Yeah, sure, why not.

/XX/

Disappointed about the villain. He is the stereotypical jerk who will get over everyone and anyone to get his deeds done. For a show with such strong characterisation to do a complete cliché of an antagonist is a big letdown. On the other hand, the sentimental stuff with Kyouma hit me. It was a logical conclusion to all the shit this dude has had to deal for the last half of the series.
Well, its not like he wasn't presented deliberately as what you said, but the bit of background information about him introduced on the first STEINS;GATE DRAMA CD's changed a little my impressions of the character.

Not in the sense of how much he appreciates his daughter, as at that point would be a pretty forced and poor justification given the events, but in how he reached that state of despair and frustration,
after the problems with his previous research efforts, how he was used.

wsippel

Banned
Horizon 9

This show still blows my mind. The way it swings back and forth between incredibly stupid and genuinely clever is amazing. Even weirder is that many of the seemingly stupid moments actually aren't stupid, either - like the concept behind Kimi's dance in this episode, or Tori's approach to the debate in the last one. Really sad that this is only 13 episodes, I really hope there'll be more. I think I've read somewhere that Sunrise planned to do the whole thing, but I sadly doubt the first season is all that successful.

Defuser

Chihayafuru ep9
Damn....Taichi that was a smooth move you pulled there near the end. Perfect in almost everything except in love and karuta. Taichi goes from a detestable character to a likeable person you want to root for.

Animation took a dive at the beginning which is a bit distracting.

e_i

Horizon 9

This show still blows my mind. The way it swings back and forth between incredibly stupid and genuinely clever is amazing. Even weirder is that many of the seemingly stupid moments actually aren't stupid, either - like the concept behind Kimi's dance in this episode, or Tori's approach to the debate in the last one. Really sad that this is only 13 episodes, I really hope there'll be more. I think I've read somewhere that Sunrise planned to do the whole thing, but I sadly doubt the first season is all that successful.

The second season comes next April.

Mirai Nikki 08:

Another faithfully adapted episode. One thing the anime does well is sneak in bits of exposition as to what's going on, things which are shown in the manga but compressed for time in the anime. It does this without grinding to a screeching halt or interrupting what is going on. Again, the anime also tends to add exposition for things which were left entirely out of the manga, sure the reader could imply it but the anime is nice enough to show it where it could have been confusing.

The anime also tries to do away with the whole "talking is a free action" business that was present in the manga.

Like the
minefield scene in the manga compared to the anime.

Horizon 9

Kimi was pretty awesome, show really does action, although its been rare so far, quite well.

If Slicing Dragonfly is just a prototype of an Armament of Deadly Sin...then just how powerful are the real things, did I miss where they said it in a past episode?

LegatoB

Well, its not like he wasn't presented deliberately as what you said, but the bit of background information about him introduced on the first STEINS;GATE DRAMA CD's changed a little my impressions of the character.

Not in the sense of how much he appreciates his daughter, as at that point would be a pretty forced and poor justification given the events, but in how he reached that state of despair and frustration,
after the problems with his previous research efforts, how he was used.
As we all know, the true mark of fantastic anime storytelling is that you have to listen to a drama CD to get actual characterization for the antagonist.

Defuser

Average 2-cours shows cost 300 Million Yen.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...oducer/26-episode-anime-costs-300-million-yen
Producer Nobuhiro Nakayama (Toaru Majutsu no Index, Hatsukoi Limited, Modern Magic Made Simple) noted during a lecture on Sunday at Tokyo University that a two-cours (six-month or 26-episode) anime series costs 300 million yen (about US$3.85 million) to create.

Nakayama then added that if an anime is successful, "it is everyone's achievement; however, if it fails, it is the producer's responsibility, so bear that in mind."

Kazuma Miki (Toaru Majutsu no Index, Oreimo), the assistant editor-in-chief for ASCII Media Works' light novel imprint Dengeki Bunko, ran the lecture, which was about Dengeki Bunko and the relationship between entertainment novels and mixed media.

Miki mentioned during the lecture that because there are a lot of media competing for the audience's time, the most successful approach to get the audience's attention is to present the concept of the work clearly.

Light novel author Reki Kawahara (Accel World, Sword Art Online) also spoke at the lecture, mentioning that because he has a a difficult time ending his stories, he makes sure to consider the sequential order of his plot from beginning to end.

Ezalc

Chihayafull 9 or whatever number the current one is

Taichi's mom sounds like a bitch and his sister does as well. That house looked amazing though and makes me wonder what she does for a living as well as what happened with his dad. I greatly enjoyed Chihaya's booty shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom