• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

I like this latest episode. After the previous ones, that relaxed nature of the second part was cool, very down-to-earth...
and reaffirmed how pointless was the introduction of Mr. Kuroi's caricaturesque behavior and his childish plots. At least they have gone over that quickly and gave the character some dignity in the end.

Ah interesting, thanks. I was actually looking for a bit of info on Nosferatu after seeing that ova but wasn't having much luck.
No need to thank me, man, and I also want to know more about him... specifically what he is going to do in the future with his talent!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
K-ON! 04:
  • 92WyMl.jpg

Harmless non-sexualised moéblob fun my arse. I feel used.
  • Even so, I cannot resist the kyun kyun. <3
  • 95% of the time, shy girls have the biggest boobs in animu.
  • But it is Mugi's eyebrows that have my undying love.

Fanservice episode has fanservice. I thought this was innocuous fun for the whole family! What about Disney Channel?

-Minsc-

Honestly, I'd take 2 years of filler over a 1:1 chapter/episode ratio like OP was doing for a while. At least you can skip the filler. Then when it finally does come back to canon, you won't have to worry about abominations like Marineford.

I'd take the anime going on hiatus for a year over a year of bad filler or a 1:1 chapter/episode ratio. That said, I've found some of the current Naruto filler to be quite good (and some not so good, but I always like to focus on the positive). The only real downfall is, being filler, there can be no real character development. Sadly some people can not look past the idea of an episode being "filler". I know for a fact those people would sing a different tune if some of those episodes were adapted from manga material.

Steroyd

I'd take the anime going on hiatus for a year over a year of bad filler or a 1:1 chapter/episode ratio. That said, I've found some of the current Naruto filler to be quite good (and some not so good, but I always like to focus on the positive). The only real downfall is, being filler, there can be no real character development. Sadly some people can not look past the idea of an episode being "filler". I know for a fact those people would sing a different tune if some of those episodes were adapted from manga material.

As you say there's no progression or character development at least if it were adapted from the manga there's a higher chance of whatever happens sticks to the plot.

And yes, there are good filler episodes here and there but the problem is sifting through the 20 or 30 episodes of stuff you're trying to avoid to find them.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So Steins;Gate. Started last weekend, finished today, why did it turn out to be surprisingly good?

Biggest mystery of all! I guess Madhouse is incompetent and White Fox isn't. I expected Steins;Gate to be god awful but it turned out to be one of my favorite series of the year.

Reknoc

I liked it when One Piece filler fleshed out the little mini-arcs Oda does with chapter covers. That way you got the best of both worlds.

Where's One Piece at now?

Heading to
Fishman Island. I think they either just got there or are very close.

You see I'm the opposite, I'm very momentum based, at least with 1:1 with filler incorporated into the canon for the episodes, I have a reason to watch it week by week, with Naruto and Beelzebub I have to turn the off switch more than on and for long periods of time, that it comes to a point where i just plain can't be assed to keep following it even when it does eventually come back to canon.

Plus did you just say that you're willing to skip Naruto for 2 whole years, I'd have definately given up the show completely by then.

It really depends on how the filler is incorporated. If they're gonna go 1:1 and just have characters repeat things over and over or have them just staring in to space for a whole minute just to kill time, there's really not much point and it absolutely kills the pacing. However, if the animation team decides to get a bit creative, then I'm all for it. Let them show off by extending a battle to make it more visually impressive like the additions to the small Smoker skirmish in Marineford. Or maybe they can throw in some gags (in appropriate situations of course).

I'm not one of those guys that dismisses anything that isn't canon or I wouldn't have watched the incredible One Piece movie 10, but I don't think the studio should go crazy injecting non-canon stuff into the canon unless it looks cool.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Steins;Gate 24: That was anti-climactic. I thought for a moment the writers would actually have the balls to
kill Kyouma
, but alas.

Steins;Gate fin: I don't think I'll ever watch this again. I liked the show, but the dull melancholy feeling from the latter half made it a chore to go through. It had some great direction despite my complaints regarding how some of the cast was handled.

Highest level of the "eh" scale out of 10.

trejo

Steins;Gate fin: I don't think I'll ever watch this again. I liked the show, but the dull melancholy feeling from the latter half made it a chore to go through. It had some great direction despite my complaints regarding how some of the cast was handled.

Highest level of the "eh" scale out of 10.

Should've stopped at 22 like I did. Best ending ever.

Shouta

Finished the Greed Island Final OVA last night and man that last fight was pretty damn lame. Only shows Gon as a dingbat and that he ignores all the training he did with Biscuit. On top of that, it was still really freaking ugly. If I ever watch the anime again, York Shin then stop.

Uchip

Banned
what is with the comments about steins;gate having a bad ending
the ending was better than 99% of anime and their non-endings

You're Under Arrest! OVA - 4

UKJHp.gif

Brum factor: 10/10

The OVA is soooo good with an incredible love for the little details. Too bad the anime shows are a little boring and cheap looking, so I will watch the movie and read the manga.

Cwarrior

Well since the year is winding down, what do you guys think the best OST of the year was? I'd have to give it to the Ao no Exoricst OST, a shounen, surprisingly. It was just so good.

+1 Ao no Exoricst

What&#8217;s so surprising? I know it's hip to hate on shounen round here but just let you know a lot of shounen have good ost...yes even some of the bad ones.

You just can&#8217;t make epic scenes like this without an equally epic music

Torko has an awesome ost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaF2wYobxE4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSmWfZTQ1V4&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/user/Noroxx1#p/u/13/HehwDIGK-RY

http://www.youtube.com/user/Noroxx1#p/u/16/wiZcPtwLc_c

http://www.youtube.com/user/Noroxx1#p/u/17/De3580PDOcA

http://www.youtube.com/user/Noroxx1#p/u/19/RCwiwBYAXTc

http://www.youtube.com/user/Noroxx1#p/u/21/1L11bHsPSCA

Honestly, I'd take 2 years of filler over a 1:1 chapter/episode ratio like OP was doing for a while. At least you can skip the filler. Then when it finally does come back to canon, you won't have to worry about abominations like Marineford.

Having 2 years of filler didn't not help the pacing in anyway for naruto, you still get multiple episode of tree jumping and stuff like the infamous orochimaru bridge walk where he slowly walks a long ass bridge for nearly an hour to later have stare down with kyubi naruto.

Toriko 34

Holy shit! Everything about this episode was INCREDIBLE. THIS is how you do a fight. Amazing choreography that didn't descend into asspull territory with legitimate tension and excellent facial expressions. Hot-blooded, manly; both of these words are understatements. I was wondering when Toriko would
use his leg
and he did not disappoint when finally realizing it.

Best fight in the series so far and maybe the best anime episode I've seen all year. Couple more of these and Toriko will easily be elevated to God Tier shounen.

So wait, an average 2 cour anime costs over 3 million to make.

How much does the entire series cost when you buy it on Bluray? Is 5000 sales enough to break even?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a163/shikiroa/imagesqtbnANd9GcROplrPQqkCcue8GiUQ5.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
You can't compete with an Aria clone made by the man who directed Aria!

[quote="Obsessed, post: 33087122"]So wait, an average 2 cour anime costs over 3 million to make.

How much does the entire series cost when you buy it on Bluray? Is 5000 sales enough to break even?[/QUOTE]

80 bucks * 5000 copies * 6 volumes per cour = 2.4 million... so, yep.

wonzo

Banned
Gintama 58 - 61

These serious arcs are incredible.

More like Aria -1.0. Aria was way better than this show, mainly because it didn't have annoying ass whistling.

Whilst Tamayura ain't as good as Aria, the whistling (which owns) isn't the reason why.

Finally had time to catch up on Anime. Figured I better start with the best first and work my way down to Guilty Crown at which point I'll probably want to kill myself.

Penguin Drum 19

Off character models ahoy! Another ugly episode but the plot revelations this time were pretty staggering. As we come into the home stretch all the connections are starting to be made.

Penguin Drum 20

I've had this question since it was first introduced into the plot but did this episode just confirm
The Child Broiler is a real place? I always wondered if it was a metaphor for something else but seeing as multiple characters have gone there and Shoma's dad talked about it with Shoma it must be real? That seems kind of crazy to me which I guess it shouldn't since this is a world with magical hats that bring people back to life and transport them to different dimensions but it is what it is.

Chihayafuru 09

This show continues to impress me. Chihaya is a Karuta Nazi but at least Taichi can pull her back. The final scene
with her birthday was really touching too. Also looked she might have been falling for Taichi this episode but then she got a message from Arata and had an orgasm. :lol better luck next time Team Taichi.

Instro

Chihaya 9

Man Taichi just gets robbed at every turn doesn't he. I really hope he wins out in the end, I'm starting to feel bad for the guy.

When that doesn't happen we just need to figure out the profit margins on body pillows and the necessary sales of Ringo (Himari?) pillows required to consider the series a success.

Sanetoshi.

Red Garden 21

Calm before the storm. Our heroines make sure not to have any regrets and the final battle approaches! Hope it will live up to the hype.

7Th

When that doesn't happen we just need to figure out the profit margins on body pillows and the necessary sales of Ringo (Himari?) pillows required to consider the series a success.

Well, Ikuhara was lamenting the lack of "boobpads" for PenguinDrum in his Twitter account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom