• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Zeouterlimits said:
Penguindrum - 10

Did the art team have the week off or were the faces some elaborate reference I'm not getting?
It's actually a reference to Gurren Lagann.

it was more a art style decision

RAcwO.png

Sacred Seven 12
My soul, everything I have, I give to you! I enjoyed the ending. Although I dont think it was the best fight using and showcasing Sacred Seven powers it was a good closing. Im going to miss Alma and Ruri and the line she would say to him. Now I just hope Bandai releases the Blu-ray here.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
:(

Thought the show was really bad, even for general Sunrise standards. Kagami gets utterly shafted in regards to how generally useless he is but at least he got a happy ending,
with the loli all over him and the other girls being super jelly

Articalys

P8r7A.jpg

A4
1st 234 Astarotte Ygvar @ Astarotte's Toy!
2nd 159 Tooru @ A Channel
2nd 159 Mizuki Himeji @ Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu

B4
1st 235 Suzuha Amane @ Steins;Gate
2nd 215 Yuuko Aioi @ Nichijou
3rd 115 Iroha Tsuchiura @ Onii-chan No Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara Ne!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Articalys said:
Just to add insult to injury, let me remind you that the last episode of Nichijou airs in only three hours.

Why would I be insulted? Everything great has to end at some point. Nichijou is my favorite KyoAni series of all time, I'll miss it.

Nix

Banned
Andrew J. said:
I'll be watching Gulty Crown and Gundam AGE this season.
Wait, I didn't hear anything about a new gundam? Why didn't I hear anything about a new gundam, would someone please, for the love of god tell me about this new gundam.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nix said:
Wait, I didn't hear anything about a new gundam? Why didn't I hear anything about a new gundam, would someone please, for the love of god tell me about this new gundam.

Well it's got Level-5's Akihiro Hino in charge of the story and it's aimed at a kids demographic more so than the usual Gundam series.

Which essentially guarantees it'll be better than most Gundam series.

Steroyd

Amagami SS - Sister-nyan episode

Basically the same as stalker girl's episode in tying all all the girl arcs together but questioning why he doesn't have a girlfriend instead of taking preventitive measures.

Basicallly an unneccesary episode just like the last one.

scy

I have no idea why I had hopes for Fall season all of like, one month ago.

Will watch:
Guilty Crown
Shana III
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, just so I can be disappointed.
Persona 4
Last Exile
HxH
Chihayafuru
Senjou no Horizon because shit, why not.

Also:
Ben-To, if only so I can figure out why the hell this exists.
Maken-ki, if only so I can figure out why the hell I hate myself.

Looking over the list, I give myself two weeks before I just kill myself.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hellsing321 said:
Beyond Persona I'll watch whatever seems like the biggest trainwreck. Seems like Guilty Crown is the front runner so far.

But you're already watching the biggest one.

I'm still wondering who the hell thinks
naming a band
after a professional wrestler is a good idea :(

/XX/

Catching up with the conversation... from the previous thread...

Miri said:
That was a surprisingly 'normal' ep--in terms of structure. I did feel as if it began a bit slow only to fall all that much further into a rut with its complete retreading of
the ringo ordeal--which in turn does go to exemplify just how badly paced that area was initially
--but I can't complain too much as it does go on to quickly collect itself into a solid, if somewhat blatantly arranged, finish. The use of the penguin to exemplify
Kanba's complete and utter defeat in the mansion
also worked wonderfully.
I agree with this!
By the way this episode was staged to show Ringo's immediate awareness of her situation, even if she continued with the established plan as in the previous episodes that set up exhaustively (and rather intermittently in the latest ones) this story-line, I think that gives you the impression of a sudden change of focus, and fast enough to seem a little forced. A rushed feel that this episode gives...

LordCanti said:
I'd think it was kind of awesome if Tabuki was just...well...Tabuki, and nothing more. Given the OP, with Tabuki looking all serious, it would be kind of great if he was just a teacher with horrible issues due to Momoka's passing or something.
In my opinion, without any kind of consolidation Tabuki's character has been left (for the moment) as a mere shell of a convenient personality whose sole importance could consist in helping Ringo in the completion of Project M. Even if not entirely him, this last episode creates a "caricaturesque" layer over his shell to complete the defenestration (although I still remember some glimpse of a true emphatic moment involving him in a Ringo's flashback present in episode 6).

Certainly, and even after all this, easily they could either revisit the character in a more serious or revealing way or leave him as forgotten anecdote or 'plot device', such is the undetermined nature of Tabuki... I don't know what to think of him, anyway, and I don't really mind any of the results as, like you have implied, that kind of character can be amusing in its own way, inoffensive in a side-way.

Jexhius said:
I would like to congratule Dresden on one fine OP. It's...

..beautiful.
Yeah! Good job, Dresden! And it surprised me a little the presence of certain banner (made by Halycon) with an image from a certain Producer from another certain THE IDOLM@STER 'dōjin'.
It also surprised me nobody mentioned it!

darkside31337 said:
But you're already watching the biggest one.

I'm still wondering who the hell thinks
naming a band
after a professional wrestler is a good idea :(
I would be very surprised if the staff involved in Persona even has the talent to produce a trainwreck. I'm expecting mediocrity more than anything from it.

Jex

Hellsing321 said:
Beyond Persona I'll watch whatever seems like the biggest trainwreck. Seems like Guilty Crown is the front runner so far.
It's what I'm putting my faith in.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Guilty Crown will be a legitimately great show. Put your faith else where.

I got money on Gundam AGE.

Gundam fans will revolt, cry and makes lots of noise about how Gundam AGE is killing the franchise. All because it might be actually be legitimately interesting, enjoyable and an actual good series. Train wreck precisely because it's not a Sunrise train wreck.

Jex

faridmon said:
Screw the haters. HxH will save the Anime this season. Haters gonna hate etc.
I don't hate it, but I'll need a lot of work to be convinced. A lot.

I don't think that's unreasonable.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Regulus Tera said:
Team Nichijou should have fielded Sakamoto.

I don't know why Sakamoto wasn't in it. I guess because there wouldnt have been much of a contest hence the disqualification. It's alright though, Nano still got this.

Steroyd

Articalys said:
2nd 159 Tooru @ A Channel
2nd 159 Mizuki Himeji @ Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu

lolz they really couldn't choose between a loli and big boobs, so in the end they chose a kugiloli.

obligatory.

Boob-slap.gif

Jex

/XX/ said:
Catching up with the conversation... from the previous thread...
I agree with this!
By the way this episode was staged to show Ringo's immediate awareness of her situation, even if she continued with the established plan as in the previous episodes that set up exhaustively (and rather intermittently in the latest ones) this story-line, I think that gives you the impression of a sudden change of focus, and fast enough to seem a little forced. A rushed feel that this episode gives...
-
I think it's interesting that they went from, what some have argued, was not enough progression all the way around to rushing scenes. Which is something I mentioned here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31231055&postcount=250 , although it was probably lost at the bottom of the page.

Articalys

Kamisama no Memo-Chou 12

See, if all the episodes could have been like this one and the first one it would have been nice.
That was a pretty brutal move Alice pulled on the drug ringleader to ensure he didn't die happily, and it was refreshing to see Narumi snap and get seriously angry for once.

(brief light novel spoilers follow below)
Of course the one thing they didn't tell you is that although Ayaka recovered she also lost all memory of Narumi, but that wouldn't have made for a very uplifting ending to the anime, now would it.

Overall, a decent show with some fun characters. Again I lament the lack of translated light novels in the U.S., as I would have liked to see where the story goes in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom