• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

pilonv1

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Worthy killing the Lakers on the postgame. "This team is not as good as they think they are...not even really being professional athletes"..

too many shots fired

That's what I meant.

He shouldn't have risked his legacy for this.

Still think Nash fixes the consistency problems on offense. It's weird, the Lakers defense had actually been fine for the last few games but tonight was a train wreck. And Nash obviously does nothing about that.

Part of the problem is obviously Pau right now. Dude looks like he's playing on shot knees. Either he has to get right or they will have to move him.

I'll still reserve judgment til about a month into Nash's season. But I have to say it's weird to see Kobe and MWP play better this year, have actual bench players in Jamison, Meeks, and Hill (when he plays) and they are worse.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Dwight really is too big of a liability for big moments when his free throw percentage is so low, and he doesn't produce enough offense the rest of the night to make up for it. Truthfully, though, it's ridiculous how few touches he gets. Then again, when they do give it to him, the other team just fouls him, lol.

Fox318

Trade Pau to the Grizz for some picks

2HdGf.png

Still think Nash fixes the consistency problems on offense. It's weird, the Lakers defense had actually been fine for the last few games but tonight was a train wreck. And Nash obviously does nothing about that.

Part of the problem is obviously Pau right now. Dude looks like he's playing on shot knees. Either he has to get right or they will have to move him.

I'll still reserve judgment til about a month into Nash's season. But I have to say it's weird to see Kobe and MWP play better this year, have actual bench players in Jamison, Meeks, and Hill (when he plays) and they are worse.

Definitely, Nash will prevent the Lakers from giving up 110+ at home to league bottom offenses

BobLoblaw

Banned
Holy shit! The Lakers loss? I didn't even bother watching the game because I knew it'd be a goddamn blowout. Lol Lakers-age, lol!

I wanted to say "who the fuck would want Pau and that shitty ass contract?" but there are plenty of dumb ass GM's in the league. Still, you guys don't have any picks to trade do you? I mean what would you use to facilitate a trade? Pau still has 2-3 seasons on his contract right?

Definitely, Nash will prevent the Lakers from giving up 110+ at home to league bottom offenses

Not sure why you'd make this response when in it I wrote Nash doesn't fix anything on defense.

I wanted to say "who the fuck would want Pau and that shitty ass contract?" but there are plenty of dumb ass GM's in the league. Still, you guys don't have any picks to trade do you? I mean what would you use to facilitate a trade? Pau still has 2-3 seasons on his contract right?

Just this year and next.

Also some GMs will assume Pau just needs to go back to being a C.

Magic, I don't know if it's because this particular team you faced, or you just have such a flaky streak, but you can do well if you just tried. Just do this for a few more games this season and things will be ok here in Orlando.

tonight was personal, but this current Magic team is constructed to lose games

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Do you really thing Dwight is going to stay in LA after this debacle?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Magic, I don't know if it's because this particular team you faced, or you just have such a flaky streak, but you can do well if you just tried. Just do this for a few more games this season and things will be ok here in Orlando.

Tonight was the ECF for Orlando.

Our finals is when Dwight brings his sorry ass back to town. If he even shows up.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
tonight was personal, but this current Magic team is constructed to lose games

Feels like it, though there are times where it's tough to want to go to a game just to maybe see a win. Still, prices are much cheaper and the pizza is just as good at the end of the night.

Canuck76

Banned
Magic beat the Lakers? Lol

Also just cloudy and black mamba posting?

Lakers band wagoners where did you go? (I missed people but i see way less people than last game lol)

jman2050

I'm thinking the dirty little secret is that LA was not nearly as good as people thought they were last year.

linsivvi

I don't think Dwight is at 100% and his FT shooting really hurts the team. He needs to make at least half of his FTs. That plus Pau's major decline is another factor.

Don't forget Kobe played very well early last season too, but he can't keep up if he needs to carry such a heavy load going forward.

Nash doesn't fix the inevitable

rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic

Like I said, I think he fixes the offensive consistency issues. And Dwight getting healthier helps, too.

Defensively, I'm going to wait and see. At times this year they've played very well on D, other times like tonight just terrible. A lot of it seems effort.

Is it fixable? Maybe or maybe not. I'm not going to judge this team in November without Nash.

GAF tends to jump on things like this and be very wrong. Miami in 2011. Whoever wins the West wins the title last year. Etc etc.

Last season I knew the Lakers couldn't beat OKC. Right now I don't know what team I'm looking at so I'll wait. If a month into Nash's season they look like this, then I'll throw in the towel.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't see why the bulls would give up Rip. He's been playing ok.
He has, but this is a wasted year for them, he's injury prone, and his contract expires after this year (last year is a team option). They want to trade him to avoid the luxury tax this year.

I'm thinking the dirty little secret is that LA was not nearly as good as people thought they were last year.

Their SRS was actually pretty mediocre (giving them a projected win total of 36-30 which is not very good at all) and their playoff performance was terrible (barely beating the Nuggets with Gallinari choking throughout the entire series and the curse of Andre Miller being present) so you may be on to something.

Lakers are in a 3 way tie with the Mavs and Nuggets for 8th in the Western conference.

It's not even 20 games into the season where they are introducing a new system, added a center who is still recovering from injury, and added a point guard who has missed most of the games so far. Use a little common sense. I'm not even a Laker fan, geeze

Puddles

Banned
The Lakers lost by 10, but that required three insanely-lucky three point shots in the final minutes. On a normal night, all three of those shots probably miss. One more Dwight FT, and that's the lead. Pretty clear that this one was all luck.

It's not even 20 games into the season where they are introducing a new system, added a center who is still recovering from injury, and added a point guard who has missed most of the games so far. Use a little common sense. I'm not even a Laker fan, geeze

Hey, I didn't say they'd miss the playoffs. I'm just saying what their record is.

Their SRS was actually pretty mediocre (giving them a projected win total of 36-30 which is not very good at all) and their playoff performance was terrible (barely beating the Nuggets with Gallinari choking throughout the entire series and the curse of Andre Miller being present) so you may be on to something.

Misleading. They traded Fisher for Sessions mid-season and also had the Bynum suspension contribute to their poor start. Plus the MWP suspension hurt them in the Denver series. That one ends in 5 without Denver being able to play the Andre Miller-Lawson-Afflalo lineup. Also tanked their final game.

They also had one of the tougher NBA schedules last season, IIRC, since it was an unbalanced schedule.

They were truly a 40 win team when healthy (in a 66 game season).

Offense isn't the problem with this team...

77 against Indiana. Shit offense in the 4th tonight, too. They've been over 100 twice under MDA.

Also should point out their turnovers have led to a lot of transition buckets. Tonight being the first time they lost on straight half court defense all night.

Top Bottom