• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Offense isn't the problem with this team...
Of course it is, but so is the defense...and inconsistent bench...and poor free throw shooting... Laker's are done in terms of competing for a championship (barring a huge trade) and just like I said after their first four games, this team would be lucky to be in the top four seeds in the west, but now I'm thinking they'd be a 5 or 6 seed after the Grizz, Spurs, Clippers, Thunder, and maybe the Jazz/Nuggets.

jman2050

The Lakers lost by 10, but that required three insanely-lucky three point shots in the final minutes. On a normal night, all three of those shots probably miss. One more Dwight FT, and that's the lead. Pretty clear that this one was all luck.

You are just adorable.

what terrible defense, goddammit so pissed right now.

pau-gasol-reaction2.gif

Mxrz

The Lakers lost by 10, but that required three insanely-lucky three point shots in the final minutes. On a normal night, all three of those shots probably miss. One more Dwight FT, and that's the lead. Pretty clear that this one was all luck.

Pretty sure i saw a lot of asshole 3s from the Lakers too. They're okay cause its D'Antoni tho?

KingJ2002

wow... i don't know what to say... this team is so bi-polar... one night they're beasting... the next night... gutter trash.

what can turn this around?

trading pau?
waiting for the steve's to return?

i can't even call it at this point...

it's december... golden state is at the top of the pacific

lakers are looking like they wont make the playoffs with this shit... with some of the best players to even play the game.

it's like im in bizarro world right now.

they're the number 2 defensive team in the league. dont mistake their fuckball offense for ineptitude on the other end of the floor

They're not 77 points for the Lakers good, though.

Still only 2 games in 7 over 100 for Lakers under MDA. To claim Offense isn't a problem is wrong.

Both are an issue. Most of the defensive problems had been turnovers on offense, too. Not tonight, obviously.

BobLoblaw

Banned
wow... i don't know what to say... this team is so bi-polar... one night they're beasting... the next night... gutter trash.

what can turn this around?

trading pau?
waiting for the steve's to return?

i can't even call it at this point...

it's december... golden state is at the top of the pacific

lakers are looking like they wont make the playoffs with this shit... with some of the best players to even play the game.

it's like im in bizarro world right now.
I'm having a hard time understanding this. Kobe's still playing well, but he's Oldbe now and can't keep this up for the duration of the season, Pau's sitting out there in no man's land and it's clearly irritating him that he's being asked to be a stretch four, Dwight can't shoot free throws for shit and will always be a liability in the fourth quarter, Nash doesn't play defense, and the bench is too inconsistent. MWP is pretty nice overall, but that's about it.

Even Bargs isn't that bad

Thing is, most of that was the final 6 of the game in which Nelson, Afflalo, and Reddick just hit 3s not from an inside outside game. Vucavic (sp) got some too, though.

Big Baby actually scored mostly on Pau.

No. Just out Pau on the bench and play him as a backup C. The way this season is going, why trade him and then have Dwight leave in FA? lol

For 10 mins a game? That's a terrible idea.

Canuck76

Banned
So where are the people who love to say,

"Where are the Lakers haters now!?!?"

Thinking the exact same thing. Cloudy and Mamba will actually watch these things.

And then there's a good 10 people that'll show up and pound their chests and act all tough.

Hahaha who was that?

It's not like he's playing so great. His value right now would just get us a bad deal..

If you did that you'd lose Pau period. And create a locker room issue, I'd imagine.

Don't be crazy. If Pau is on the team he is going to be more than a 10mpg dude. Has to average over 25mpg.

I still don't even get why you'd bench him since it doesn't matter when in the game he's in. MDA is already taking him out earlier and playing him less with Howard.

I'm thinking after Nash comes back and they rack up some wins, Pau will have to sit out games and get right, physically.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Give us Pau and we'll give you Splitter and Gray Neal

Do it Isaiah

Pau makes $19 million a year for the next 2 years and the Lakers aren't going to want to take any long term money back. Pau isn't going anywhere fellas.

t26

Grant Hill and Steve Nash have played a combined 2 games since leaving PHX. Meanwhile, Jermaine O'Neal has played all 11 games for the Suns this season after only 49 total during the past 2 seasons combined.

pretty amazing

KingKong

Theres no point in trading Gasol since you wont get good value for him and you havent really seen him play in a Nash-run offense

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Pau makes $19 million a year for the next 2 years and the Lakers aren't going to want to take any long term money back. Pau isn't going anywhere fellas.

They will move him next year and likely fire D'antoni as well. The writing is on the wall the secret is who bites in Pau's expiring.

linsivvi

They're not 77 points for the Lakers good, though.

Still only 2 games in 7 over 100 for Lakers under MDA. To claim Offense isn't a problem is wrong.

Both are an issue. Most of the defensive problems had been turnovers on offense, too. Not tonight, obviously.

It takes time to for a new team to gel and play well together. It hurts even more with the coaching change which basically threw the whole training camp away. They should've fired Mike Brown in the off season.

Anyway I still think it's too early to tell. Of course having a proper PG back would help a lot. Just hope it won't take a whole season for this to work.

Edit: Who the fuck cares what Coach Nick thinks? He's irrelevant.

Emwitus

Gaddang!! We lost to the magic at home! It ain't funny anymore.

EDIT: I heard there was a kome sighting? I'm heading back to read them spinners roll.

Gaddang!! We lost to the magic at home! It ain't funny anymore.

EDIT: I heard there was a kome sighting? I'm heading back to read them spinners roll.

Lakers certainly didn't lose because of Kobe's offense. So don't even start.

You wanna rip him on D along with everyone else, then it's fine.

It takes time to for a new team to gel and play well together. It hurts even more with the coaching change which basically threw the whole training camp away. They should've fired Mike Brown in the off season.

Anyway I still think it's too early to tell. Of course having a proper PG back would help a lot. Just hope it won't take a whole season for this to work.

Edit: Who the fuck cares what Coach Nick thinks? He's irrelevant.

Yeah, like I said. I'll give em 1 post-Nash month and make my judgment then.

Top Bottom