• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

shwimpy

McMenamin:

Pau Gasol will not play Tuesday night against the Rockets because of tendinitis in both knees. Waiting on who the replacement starter is
Who will Pringles and Kobe blame for their loss tonight?

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
Two new starters for the Lakers tonight vs Houston: Jamison for Pau at the four (out with tendinitis) and Duhon for Morris at the point

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Anderson Varejao has the 3rd highest efficiency rating this season only training LeYawn and KDTrey5

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Who's trading for a 32 year old making $19M a year with tendinitis in both knees?

iZ3VsnGbSIHJL.jpg

(probably the kings)

numble

TMac and his world champion teammate DJ Mbenga are 0-5 in China, they recently loss to the Jilin team led by superstars Samuel Hoskin and Dewarick Spencer.

The GM needs to get TMac some help before he starts demanding a trade.

charsace

whats your opinion on Shabazz
A guy with talent that will work hard, but his attitude is a question mark. He's a rich man's Jax with a better work ethic. He likes to bully people like Jax does and doesn't take shit, but you don't want him leading your team. I think that going to UCLA can help him with his bad Jax tendencies since UCLA pushes a team system. In regards to slashing he's more of a sf style in that he's not gonna be great at changing directions, but he is fast when he does drive and even though his lateral quickness isn't elite, its still above average. He'll be one of the most explosive jumpers in the league. He'll be stronger than most sg's in the league with the only guys being exceptions are Wade, Joe Johnson, Shumpert, Tyreke Evans, Gordon Hayward and a couple of others. I think he can play some sf, especially in a fast paced system. I also think in 2 years he could be physically the strongest 2 in the league and could be playing at a weight of 230-240lbs.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If Lin doesn't have a great game with Chris Dudu as the Laker starting point then I dunno

Unless he's aggressive and attempts to drive to the hoop, he will have a shit game just standing in the corner waiting for a shot. His confidence is all over the place.

One game he looks pretty damn decent and the next game he looks god awful and scared running the O.

Also I'm still happy to this day the Rockets never got whiny Gasol. Total bitch and I don't think I could have ever rooted for him.

it begins....
let the speculation commence!

Gasol is sitting not because a trade involving the former four-time All-Star is in the works, according to multiple league sources. However, a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has recently spoken to Gasol's representatives and the gist of the conversation was that if Gasol is unable to adjust to D'Antoni's system, the team will have no choice but to search for possible trade scenarios.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...kers-tuesday-houston-rockets-tendinitis-knees

Branduil

A guy with talent that will work hard, but his attitude is a question mark. He's a rich man's Jax with a better work ethic. He likes to bully people like Jax does and doesn't take shit, but you don't want him leading your team. I think that going to UCLA can help him with his bad Jax tendencies since UCLA pushes a team system.

UCLA pushes a serf system.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I think it's a little unfair to ask a player to forget everything that he's done for the last decade and learn to be something completely different. Could you imagine someone asking D Wade to become a perimeter scorer only? I mean, this was all expected, but I think ultimately No D' Toni is gonna be a bigger disaster than Mike Clown.

Puddles

Banned
I knew Morris had been inconsistent, but I didn't realize just how unproductive he actually was until I saw that his PER is 7.81.

PER is pretty lolz most of the time, especially when you're using it to make a case about LeBron, but here I think it's a pretty good indicator that Morris isn't cutting it.

If he's just league-average, and a few insanely lucky three pointers don't go in, the Lakers are probably 10-5 or 11-4.

Puddles

Banned
I was thinking a lot about the parade to the free throw line that happens in basketball.

What would you guys think of a rule that reduced the shot-clock to ten seconds in the final minute of a game? I think it would cut intentional fouling significantly.

Generally I'd like to get rid of intentional fouling altogether. I'd like to see a rule that awarded a team free throws and possession if their player was fouled away from the ball in a manner that was deemed to be intentional. But reducing the length of the shot clock in crunch time could help prevent a team from running out the clock with a small lead.

I was thinking a lot about the parade to the free throw line that happens in basketball.

What would you guys think of a rule that reduced the shot-clock to ten seconds in the final minute of a game? I think it would cut intentional fouling significantly.

Generally I'd like to get rid of intentional fouling altogether. I'd like to see a rule that awarded a team free throws and possession if their player was fouled away from the ball in a manner that was deemed to be intentional. But reducing the length of the shot clock in crunch time could help prevent a team from running out the clock with a small lead.

So now Lakers fans want to change rules because of Dwight.

Puddles

Banned
i literally laughed out loud at how stupid this was.

While I've done that quite a few times in regards to your posts, I still have to ask: what about this could be considered stupid?

Benefits:
- The final minutes are less of a parade to the free throw line when one team has a small lead
- Games could end more quickly
- Games would be more exciting

Drawbacks:
- End-game situations are now slightly more luck dependent? Good for a team like the Magic, I guess.

Top Bottom