• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

linsivvi

Can't even give Kobe his due when he performs. And the layup should have been an And 1.

Mike d saying hill is odd man out as he's going to play Ron at the four when a big is out. Said hill doesn't deserve it. Guess that means Jamison too. That's the problem with pau being your pf. Only one backup big spot available. I hope mike isn't stupid enough to do that the likes of Memphis. Also what happens when they play a good wing Ron needs to defend? Let Kobe guard em? Ugh. I'm very worried about this Ron at of business bi think it spurts it can work but not as a final strategy.

He needs to get pau more on the block against weaker teams going forward. I wonder if this means Meeks will take Paul's end of game spot going forward when Nash is back too.

Getting worried about the rotations...

That's the problem with Nellie/Pringles ball. Ron can still play well at the 3. Make Jamison and Hill the full time backup for Pau and Dwight respectively, limiting them to 15 minutes which is probably the amount of time which they can be effective.

I guess he really hates Jordan Hill ever since his rookie years. Maybe some of it was carry over from his attitude problems.

And yes, they need to play Pau down low. Nash can hopefully fix that.

Laker/Celtics fan.

He seems to hate this year's Celtics too....

Of course but he was also 2-10 from three, when his three is not falling he has to get closer to the basket and not going for one on one three point chuck attempts.

I agree. I think he took too many of those. 15 points on 17 shots isn't good. But at least he did other things well to great effect.

Howard having 5 turnovers hurt as well. Duhon gave them nothing tonight.

That's the problem with Nellie/Pringles ball. Ron can still play well at the 3. Make Jamison and Hill the full time backup for Pau and Dwight respectively, limiting them to 15 minutes which is probably the amount of time which they can be effective.

I guess he really hates Jordan Hill ever since his rookie years. Maybe some of it was carry over from his attitude problems.

And yes, they need to play Pau down low. Nash can hopefully fix that.

He seems to hate this year's Celtics too....
I agree with you on Jamison/hill. I think they can use Ron at pf when teams go small on them but its unnecessary without it. And he pau-hill lineup is good. They play well off each other.

But I dunno about backing up Dwight with hill. I prefer pau and Dwight always being in the game. Still think Jamison can play some backup 3 too.

I'm afraid if mike d is serious about this that is trying to do something that the roster isn't right for. Sigh.

Cloudy

Banned
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing

Expect Kobe's days as the Lakers' starting shooting guard to end. Jodie Meeks likely will be starting there now, with Kobe to small forward.

My fantasy team approves. Meeks is my 2nd favorite player on the Lakers too :D

linsivvi

I agree with you on Jamison/hill. I think they can use Ron at pf when teams go small on them but its unnecessary without it. And he pau-hill lineup is good. They play well off each other.

But I dunno about backing up Dwight with hill. I prefer pau and Dwight always being in the game. Still think Jamison can play some backup 3 too.

I'm afraid if mike d is serious about this that is trying to do something that the roster isn't right for. Sigh.

True Pau can play center anchoring the bench like he used to.

Holy shit I just read Cloudy's quote, so it seems like Pringles is going to go full small ball mode.

This is the end.... :/

Baby Milo

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing

Expect Kobe's days as the Lakers' starting shooting guard to end. Jodie Meeks likely will be starting there now, with Kobe to small forward.

that backcourt is going to get beat up

Dantoni doing his thing

True Pau can play center anchoring the bench like he used to.

Holy shit I just read Cloudy's quote, so it seems like Pringles is going to go full small ball mode.

This is the end.... :/

Remember I said mostly a coach's job is rotations?

Yeah well antoni is failing if this happens. Fucking fuck.

Lakers actually came back to beat the Bobcats?

1366708_o.gif

linsivvi

Small and quick with offense is better than big and slow with no offense. Obviously defense not included in either version lol

A lineup of healthy Nash/Kobe/MWP/Pau/Dwight still gives the Lakers the best chance on defense. No reason not to try that first.

A lineup of healthy Nash/Kobe/MWP/Pau/Dwight still gives the Lakers the best chance on defense. No reason not to try that first.

Plus I'd rather have Meeks helping the bench unit shooting wise.

And If Ron is struggling you can then Put in Meeks. Not reason to abandon it from the get go.

Well at least pau looks healthier. Now he just needs to get back in shape and rhythm.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The entire Northwest division has a better record than the Lakers

Cloudy

Banned
That lineup is still big. Pau and Dwight starting. But the perimeter d will be even worse.

I meant backcourt size only

This is more of a talent thing than anything. Meeks has been the most productive offensive player besides Kobe for several weeks now and he actually hustles on defense too! He is a legitimate threat and needs more minutes..

Why not just makes Meeks the backup wing? He can get over 20 min a game there. I don't think him getting 30 a night is reliable.

Lakers now won three in a row. Wiz, sixers, and bobkittens. League in full panic mode.

Cloudy

Banned
Why not just makes Meeks the backup wing? He can get over 20 min a game there. I don't think him getting 30 a night is reliable.

Nash, Meeks, Kobe, Pau, Dwight gives you 3 legit shooters and 2 legit ball-handlers. No other starting lineup with this roster can do that if you want to play the bigs together..

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Nash, Meeks, Kobe, Pau, Dwight gives you 3 legit shooters and 2 legit ball-handlers. No other starting lineup with this roster can do that if you want to play the bigs together..

I think Pau as your 6th man would be best..

And Ron is shooting legit from 3 right now. And can handle it a bit. And the defense is better.

I think his looks will be better this way. I think it's an overreaction. We gonna suck if Ron defends zbo, I'll tell you that.

And who guards good wings? Melo? Iggy? Gay? Manu? Is it going to be Kobe or Meeks? Might as well throw up the white flag.

Cloudy

Banned
And Ron is shooting legit from 3 right now. And can handle it a bit. And the defense is better.

I think his looks will be better this way. I think it's an overreaction. We gonna suck if Ron defends zbo, I'll tell you that.

Ron is a guy who needs the ball. Notice his offensive game is crap when he's just a spot-up guy. Meeks doesn't have that problem. Starting Meeks really balances the starting lineup offensively and Metta's defense on SFs has been garbage this year so it doesn't matter. I doubt he'll be asked to guard real PFs. Jordan Hill can do that..

And who guards good wings? Melo? Iggy? Gay? Manu? Is it going to be Kobe or Meeks? Might as well throw up the white flag.

Well, those wings will actually have to guard Kobe or chase a good 3pt shooter. We haven't put pressure on opposing SFs and PGs all year. With Nash back with Meeks and Kobe, those guys will have to guard someone at least. Maybe it'll cut down on the big games from those positions..

@KevinDing Metta said "grown men" aren't worried about starting. He wouldn't care if D'Antoni said: "You come off the bench, sucka!"

I like this attitude

Top Bottom