• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Cloudy

Banned
Ron puts more pressure on teams than Meeks. Your crazy.

Bullshit. He's been dribbling past 4s but teams will adjust to that soon enough. Opponents leave Ron wide open and that's the real reason he's shooting so well from 3. They will not leave Meeks to double down in the paint..

Bullshit. He's been dribbling past 4s but teams will adjust to that soon enough. Opponents leave Ron wide open and that's the real reason he's shooting so well from 3. They will not leave Meeks to double down in the paint..

Yes they have and they will continue to do so. Meanwhile, the perimeter D will be worse. TBH, I'm not too upset about Meeks starting with MWP off the bench if Ron still gets 30 min playing the SF. I don't like him being the backup 4 and them essentially ignoring Hill and/or Jamison forever, now.

Lakers will be fucked when they play good wings moreso than usual, too.

Anyway, with Hill not doing shit anymore, they might as well package him with Blake to get a real backup PG. Maybe shed some salary in the process by doing it.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm not too upset about Meeks starting with MWP off the bench if Ron still gets 30 min playing the SF.

Kevin Ding:

OK, so apparently we need a more thorough explanation on D'Antoni's starting lineup and planned rotation. Kobe ...

and Metta will still get pretty much all the run they can handle, even if Kobe starts at small forward and Metta begins games on the bench. The only reason Metta wouldn't start is because D'Antoni doesn't want to overwork him by starting him at small forward and then shifting him to backup power forward soon after. Metta didn't start tonight and still played 36 minutes.

Jodie Meeks started the second half at shooting guard, with Kobe bumped up to small forward. Devin Ebanks was a bust as the starting small forward as Charlotte just left him unguarded and he shot 1 for 4 (taking four of the Lakers' first 9 shots); Ebanks didn't play again after five minutes to open the game. And when I asked D'Antoni if he would consider starting Meeks, he couldn't answer yes fast enough. I asked if he minded Kobe playing SF, and D'Antoni didn't.

Remains to be seen if the starting lineup shifts based on matchups, but D'Antoni loves Meeks and can't get enough of him

Cloudy

Banned
If Marion can play PF, I don't see why Metta can't. Whoever gave him a green light needs to check him though. He is out of control offensively IMO. Some of the shots he took tonight were just...ugh

kyriesorcery.gif

If Marion can play PF, I don't see why Metta can't. Whoever gave him a green light needs to check him though. He is out of control offensively IMO. Some of the shots he took tonight were just...ugh

Marion was partially miscast as a PF but they also had Joe J or Raja Bell (for D) on the team.

And Marion in his prime was a super athletic freak unlike MWP right now.

Ron is strong enough to check many PFs in the league, but his best asset is still perimeter defense. Why take that away?

And being big is still an advantage. Hill should be the backup big man most of the time.

DominoKid

im so glad he got hurt at duke. i won't even lie i celebrated cause he was gonna beat the fuck out of us and probably repeat.

plus it allows me to still like him and not feel dirty. 2nd favorite player in the league behind kobe.

pilonv1

Ryan Anderson played 41 mins
scored 28 points
took 21 shots
attempted 14 threes
went to the line 8 times

How many rebounds did he grab?

methodman

Banned
another win another david lee 20/10 game. dude has been straight killin it this season.

i can't believe we're 9 games over 500 right now. wow.

9ers are the one of the 3 best in the nfl, warriors aren't a piece of shit, giants just won the world series. life is good.

Kobe's my favorite player, I just thought he took some really bad shots in the 4th quarter, I really hope Nash comes back soon so the team and Kobe can get some better looks.

etiolate

Banned
Hibbert is missing all the little hook shots and slow big man stuff that he was making last year. He couldn't score on Cousins when they played the Kings and Cuz isn't exactly a stopper.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
another win another david lee 20/10 game. dude has been straight killin it this season.

i can't believe we're 9 games over 500 right now. wow.

9ers are the one of the 3 best in the nfl, warriors aren't a piece of shit, giants just won the world series. life is good.

Warriors got mad talent. If Andrew comes back strong they will be pretty stacked

Is Jerry West the most underrated FO guy in the league? His decisions are pretty amazing. And he's assisted in some really good draft decisions for the Warriors in an advisory capacity.

Meanwhile the Wiz have Tomas Satoransky and Jan Vesely.

wade played 27 mins last night, scored 24 points on 14 shots, shot 57%, recorded 2 blocks and 2 steals as well as 4 assists and 3 rebounds. dude has been awesome since charles barkley said he lost a step, hope he keeps it up.

oh and bron had 22pts,11ast,6rbs and 4 blocks. bosh with 15 pts shooting 60%

we got absolutely murdered on the boards last night, i think we gout outrebounded 45 to 23. crazy we still won and the lead was up to 20 at times.

wade played 27 mins last night, scored 24 points on 14 shots, shot 57%, recorded 2 blocks and 2 steals as well as 4 assists and 3 rebounds. dude has been awesome since charles barkley said he lost a step, hope he keeps it up.
oh and bron had 22pts,11ast,6rbs and 4 blocks. bosh with 15 pts shooting 60%

we got absolutely murdered on the boards last night, i think we gout outrebounded 45 to 23. crazy we still won and the lead was up to 20 at times.

Fuck the haters

charsace

Is Jerry West the most underrated FO guy in the league? His decisions are pretty amazing. And he's assisted in some really good draft decisions for the Warriors in an advisory capacity.

Meanwhile the Wiz have Tomas Satoransky and Jan Vesely.

Everyone thinks he's the best ever so no, he isn't underrated.

Top Bottom