• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.

The M.O.B

Kevin McHale's daughter dies at 23

HOUSTON (AP) -- The daughter of Houston Rockets coach Kevin McHale has died at 23.
Alexandra ''Sasha'' McHale died Saturday, and the team disclosed no other details Sunday.

Kevin McHale has been on leave since Nov. 10 to deal with what the team called a personal family matter. During his absence, Kelvin Sampson has been the interim coach. There is no timetable for Kevin McHale's return.

Team owner Leslie Alexander said in a statement that he extends his ''deepest condolences'' over the loss of the McHales' ''beautiful daughter.'' He called Kevin and wife Lynn ''loving and dedicated parents who will need our continued support throughout this very difficult time.'' He said the ''entire organization is mourning.''

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm all for some ref hate, but are we really talking about that Bobcats loss still? Kemba got T'd up in that game for fucks sake. The refs were generally abysmal like they are in most games.

Also, Toronto had 5 shots at the rim that last possession. That's on the players.

highly likely are pick goes to OKC.

Casey is a fucking idiot. If Bargnani is shooting 2-19 get him the fuck out of there. The dude is only good for scoring...so when he's not scoring there is absolutely no reason for him to be out there.

Im not sure Casey has the freedom to bench Primo pasta's ass whenever he plays like shit.

Flash

and the guy is going to drive Derozan to the ground... 51 minutes tonight.

And how the hell does Davis not see any more time after going 15 pts, 14 rebounds in 22 minutes? The guy was feeling it... roll with it.

At least Val is finally closing games now, I love his effort.

I'm all for some ref hate, but are we really talking about that Bobcats loss still? Kemba got T'd up in that game for fucks sake. The refs were generally abysmal like they are in most games.

Also, Toronto had 5 shots at the rim that last possession. That's on the players.

Oh yea this loss is all on Casey and Bargnani no doubt. You could argue that the majority of the loses have been Casey's fault, as his only play call is give the ball to lowry, run the clock for 24seconds and take a fadeaway contested jumper.

and the guy is going to drive Derozan to the ground... 51 minutes tonight.

And how the hell does Davis not see any more time after going 15 pts, 14 rebounds in 22 minutes? The guy was feeling it... roll with it.

At least Val is finally closing games now, I love his effort.

I almost never complain about rotations but seriously, Casey's are WTF. It's like he bases them all off of what he decided was supposed to happen before the season started.

Meier

I don't follow the NBA as closely right now (nothing to care about really) so I dunno if these Golden State jerseys were introduced before this year or not, but I absolutely love them.

hero.jpg

i already said i was down for the tank but it will be difficult to get what we want. the team has more talent than the scrap heaps they have in Washington, Detroit, Orlando.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i already said i was down for the tank but it will be difficult to get what we want. the team has more talent than the scrap heaps they have in Washington, Detroit, Orlando.

at least you're not undefeated in close games

Brinbe

Casey is the best at being the worst. 3-19/3-13 36/40 mins respectively for Bargs and Jose, it's just funny at this point.

FREE DAVIS

Lowry/DeMar/?/Davis/Val is a fine core of players, but Casey's awful rotation and insistence on playing Jose/Lowry together for large stretches + putting a short leash on youngsters like Ross/Ed is ensuring that we've lost a lot more than we should have at this point.

Once we get a real coach in here, (and in my dreams, get rid of Jose/Bargs) we'll be in okay shape. Especially if we can get a top-3 pick and get someone like Shabazz to man the 3 going forward.

ZZMitch

Oh yea this loss is all on Casey and Bargnani no doubt. You could argue that the majority of the loses have been Casey's fault, as his only play call is give the ball to lowry, run the clock for 24seconds and take a fadeaway contested jumper.

Yeah Bargs sucked today. The loss is on him. I just feel like the Raps have gotten a lot of unfair calls against them this season. But whatever, I'm a fan and I like the bitch about shit when my team loses.

Casey should have taken Bargs out or something, but I am happy he decided to actually keep JV in the game in the 4th. He was dominating at the end of regulation.

Casey is the best at being the worst. 3-19/3-13 36/40 mins respectively for Bargs and Jose, it's just funny at this point.

FREE DAVIS

I though Bargs was 2-19 heh

Flash

its annoying because with some better coaching/decision making (aka benching bargnani), I think we would have a decent record. We've lost a lot of really close games.

ZZMitch

its annoying because with some better coaching/decision making (aka benching bargnani), I think we would have a decent record. We've lost a lot of really close games.

Toronto definitely has the talent to compete with almost any team in this league, I agree.

Toronto definitely has the talent to compete with almost any team in this league, I agree.

Well we just took arguably the best team in the league to double overtime so yes, I say its time for Casey to go, OR purposely stealthily lose every game for the rest of the season for top 3 pick.

Flash

Toronto media is usually pretty cut throat but for whatever reason they have given Colangelo and Bargnani a pass in these last 6 years. Guess nobody really gives a shit here lol

ZZMitch

Well we just took arguably the best team in the league to double overtime so yes, I say its time for Casey to go, OR purposely stealthily lose every game for the rest of the season for top 3 pick.

I am kind of new to the NBA, just started watching last year, but isn't the NBA draft kind of weird? In the sense that even you have the worst record you don't get the first pick like you would in the NFL. I didn't really understand the system when I was following the draft for the first time earlier this year.

Flash

I am kind of new to the NBA, just started watching last year, but isn't the NBA draft kind of weird? In the sense that even you have the worst record you don't get the first pick like you would in the NFL. I didn't really understand the system when I was following the draft for the first time earlier this year.

more loses = higher odds of you getting a higher pick (more ping pong balls). I'm guessing they do this to prevent outright tanking in a year where there is a sure fire superstar.

It is weird but I believe the bottom 3 automatically get top 5 pick? After that it just increases your odds. I could be wrong.

Toronto media is usually pretty cut throat but for whatever reason they have given Colangelo and Bargnani a pass in these last 6 years. Guess nobody really gives a shit here lol

it will be different this year if the NHL doesnt unfuck itself in time for a lock out season. Raps could be the only big league team in town from December through to spring. that means piles of shit on BC's plate for months from sports writers looking for things to talk about.

Flash

it will be different this year if the NHL doesnt unfuck itself in time for a lock out season. Raps could be the only big league team in town from December through to spring. that means piles of shit on BC's plate for months from sports writers looking for things to talk about.

Feel like half the guys who cover the Raptors are juts puppets and are used to push whatever agenda BC is pushing. They just suddenly created a fued between Ford and Calderon when in reality it was a good working formula so that BC could ship him out.

Omega

Banned
he doesn't fully establish his second foot inbounds as he touches the ball again but he's a big name so the refs won't call it.

if that was Gary Neal or Danny Green it would be out of bounds though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom