• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stern is a douche but he's right to call out a team and potentially fine them for this. The game is for the fans, if the players are healthy, especially guys like Duncan and Parker, then you play them. He has to look out for the interest of the fans. Going to an NBA game isn't cheap, between tickets, food, parking, ect... families are lucky to be able to make a single outing out of it per year. What if that family (say Spurs fans) decides to go watch the big game against the Heat only to find that Duncan, Parker and Manu are ALL out because Pop wants to troll or act like he's smarter than the room. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the people who are the reason that Pop and Duncan and Manu and Parker make millions and millions of dollars. If the guys are not injured and able to play, they should play, that's their job.

rando14

Stern is a douche but he's right to call out a team and potentially fine them for this. The game is for the fans, if the players are healthy, especially guys like Duncan and Parker, then you play them. He has to look out for the interest of the fans. Going to an NBA game isn't cheap, between tickets, food, parking, ect... families are lucky to be able to make a single outing out of it per year. What if that family (say Spurs fans) decides to go watch the big game against the Heat only to find that Duncan, Parker and Manu are ALL out because Pop wants to troll or act like he's smarter than the room. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the people who are the reason that Pop and Duncan and Manu and Parker make millions and millions of dollars. If the guys are not injured and able to play, they should play, that's their job.

Agreed. I would be absolutely furious if I dished out $500 in tickets+parking+travel to this shitshow. Spurs have a crappy lineup, Heat are completely underperforming.

Agree 100%. I would make the spurs pay for refunds for everyone. No one will pull this shit again.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Exactly.

No one will pull this again but they're just going to lie about the injuries. This fine doesn't get anyone anywhere.
Depends on the size of the fine. Spurs don't make so much money. If its big enough then teams won't take the chance.

One game injuries being made up would not be smart.

h3ro

I concur with this sentiment.

Pimpwerx

Spo not happy at these garbage time all-stars having a lead. It's hard to tell if this is the team coasting or if this is just the new normal for our defense. PEACE.

giri

Then stern should focus on making the games more affordable.

Spurs are 100% right to do what they did if they believe its in their best interests to win a chip.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
you people forget..well maybe not Mavs fan, but Pop played his stars vs. the Mavs last season and the spurs were getting mollywhopped by 25 points. Pop played the bench after halftime and they got it to overtime.

The Spurs bench could probably win 30-35 games if they were a team by themselves.

Damn Spurs in this game? Got some good bench players it seems.

you people forget..well maybe not Mavs fan, but Pop played his stars vs. the Mavs last season and the spurs were getting mollywhopped by 25 points. Pop played the bench after halftime and they got it to overtime.

The Spurs bench could probably win 30-35 games if they were a team by themselves.

I remember this and it pissed me off so bad. They couldn't stop hitting 3s.

Your team isn't going anywhere and the oldest player on your roster is 31 years old.

Excuses excuses. I mean the Raptor's aren't going to win either way so I don't really mind who they play, but saying my schedule is too hard and my players are tired so I am going to rest them when other teams have similar or worse schedules is kind of annoying. Also isn't against the rules to intentionally lose a game (I know I know, they are close and they still are trying to win)

giga

Unless there's a legal stipulation that forces healthy starters to play minutes, fining them is bullshit. Pop did this four times last season with Adam Silver's approval. The Heat and Celtics did it too, if you look at the boxscore posted earlier.

Irrelevant. People paid to see the stars and if they're healthy they should play. Period.

Spurs are 100% right to do what they did if they believe its in their best interests to win a chip.

Yeah I'm more with this. I know when I pay for tickets that there is the possibility that my favorite players won't play, but that's part of the territory. I could probably tolerate it more than the average fan though.

I think it's just messed up how the commish can now tell teams how to run their business.

I gotta admit, part of me is rooting for the Spurs to win (cause I don't give NO shits about a Thursday night game in November) so that they can stick it to the league

There are no interests or no "chips" if there aren't fans in the seats and at home watching. They are the number 1 priority.

linsivvi

Irrelevant. People paid to see the stars and if they're healthy they should play. Period.

Then Stern should sanction himself first for tanking an entire season of the Hornets and refund all the season ticket holders.

Also fine Mike Antoni for sitting Gasol in the 4th.

And then fine every single coach who sit out there stars in a blow out.

Just because something isn't right doesn't mean you can throw out all due process and allow the commissioner to employ his own prejudice to make judgement calls on who should play and how much.

i pay to watch basketball

I don't give a shit if it's the Bucks or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm8-uLHKVQc&feature=plcp

this game currently airing LIVE on youtube
Tell that to the family who spent all they could afford on this game wanting to see Duncan and ginobili only to have them home for a bs reason.

Maybe you don't care but there are others who spent their hard earned money who do and basically was sold tickets under false pretenses.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Tell that to the family who spent all they could afford on this game wanting to see Duncan and ginobili only to have them home for a bs reason.

Maybe you don't care but there are others who spent their hard earned money who do and basically was sold tickets under false pretenses.

I ran the same risk on Monday. Don't buy tickets months a head of time. What if LeBron strains his hamstring tonight and the Heat sit him out for their next road game? He COULD play but the team just rather not risk it?

Maybe Stern should sanction the NBA for shitty schedule making while he's at it? Spurs play 5 games in 6 nights and this is a B2B. The Heat haven't played since Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom