• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Injuries are an accepted part of the game. Tickets get sold out.

If pop announced this before the tickets went on sale then fine. But he didn't.

If players are healthy they should play. Period. I think this of all sports and teams. I've been saying for years Indy should have been fined for not playing peyton at th end seasons.

Danny green and Parker are old now?
So....

Those games Lebron, Wade, and Bosh missed last season near the end of the season are ok? Why didn't they get fined?

Seriously. I don't understand the mentality here. Are people really cheering Pop on by "not giving a fuck what the fans think"? You people are the fans!
Pop is playing to win. I can respect that.

etiolate

Banned
As is every other damn sports league that's worth a crap. Go see the NFL, and how seriously they take TV contracts. Stern is concerned with TNT, and he fucking should be. You can call it "WWE", if you want to, but NBA basketball is a TV show, and this is not a sport, it's a business.

That's the entire problem. People will realize that once the "sport" element is minimalized, the power of your league is as well. Many people watch sport for the nature of sport and the competitive sense. Much more than the business side seems to realize. If you let it just become show then any other can copy your show and ramp it up.

Lkr

Injuries are an accepted part of the game. Tickets get sold out.

If pop announced this before the tickets went on sale then fine. But he didn't.

If players are healthy they should play. Period. I think this of all sports and teams. I've been saying for years Indy should have been fined for not playing peyton at th end seasons.

Danny green and Parker are old now?

oh please do you think anyone goes to a heat home game to see the opposition? the home team has plenty of fucking star power to sell out 4 arenas

btw one game is going to make no difference with the NBA's TV contracts. this game has received more attention because Pop benched his starters

rando14

oh please do you think anyone goes to a heat home game to see the opposition? the home team has plenty of fucking star power to sell out 4 arenas

Huh? There's a reason why tickets against the Lakers or Clippers or Celtics are more expensive than tickets against the Pistons or Bobcats.

Lkr

Huh? There's a reason why tickets against the Lakers or Clippers or Celtics are more expensive than tickets against the Pistons or Bobcats.

maybe if the bobcats were the home team. for a team like miami, that sold out their season tickets before the schedule was released, this is a non-issue

So....

Those games Lebron, Wade, and Bosh missed last season near the end of the season are ok? Why didn't they get fined?

Pop is playing to win. I can respect that.

Fine them too. Like I said I would call for colts to be fined for benching Peyton too. I've been calling for this for years.

All it takes is one team getting a major fine and its done. I don't care who it is. Just finally do it. I'm sick of the middle finger being given to paying fans.

rando14

maybe if the bobcats were the home team. for a team like miami, that sold out their season tickets before the schedule was released, this is a non-issue

Oh I see what you're saying. For a joe sixpack like me though, I'd definitely prefer to see as many stars as possible when I go to a game. Spurs vs Heats should have been a good game but with half of the stars missing, I would have been really disappointed.

etiolate

Banned
This is also further confirmation that Stern believes that only certain players are worth paying money to see and worth caring about.

Lkr

Oh I see what you're saying. For a joe sixpack like me though, I'd definitely prefer to see as many stars as possible when I go to a game. Spurs vs Heats should have been a good game but with half of the stars missing, I would have been really disappointed.

would you really be disappointed with the quality of the game if you had went to it though? stern should have waited to open his mouth. he expected miami to win by 50, but whether this game ends with an exciting miami comeback or with a surprise spurs win, this game has been thoroughly entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom