• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... Look at the grizzlies. lol

Suprisingly the Raptors actually have a substantial fan base. I was watching them play Memphis last night and they only had 14000 people watching in Memphis. That is a pretty low attendance for one of the better teams in the league. (Unless they have a really small stadium)

I have a feeling that the "sanctions" will be a complete and utter letdown. Stern like to shock you at the unexpected moment. Preemptive noise doesn't mean much to me.

charsace

Stern is a douche but he's right to call out a team and potentially fine them for this. The game is for the fans, if the players are healthy, especially guys like Duncan and Parker, then you play them. He has to look out for the interest of the fans. Going to an NBA game isn't cheap, between tickets, food, parking, ect... families are lucky to be able to make a single outing out of it per year. What if that family (say Spurs fans) decides to go watch the big game against the Heat only to find that Duncan, Parker and Manu are ALL out because Pop wants to troll or act like he's smarter than the room. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the people who are the reason that Pop and Duncan and Manu and Parker make millions and millions of dollars. If the guys are not injured and able to play, they should play, that's their job.
I don't agree. Pop is only making them sit out because they are old and have a ton of miles on them. And the stretch they are on currently is a brutal one. I could understand the fine if the team is coming off of a couple of days rest, but during a brutal stretch of games a coach should be allowed to rest guys if he thinks they will need it.

Regardless of whether or not it's right, it's pretty rich of Stern to fine a team for resting players for one game after a horrible schedule stretch when there were several teams last year that rested their players for the last 20 games of the season to get a better draft pick.

Tom Penny

Stern is a douche but he's right to call out a team and potentially fine them for this. The game is for the fans, if the players are healthy, especially guys like Duncan and Parker, then you play them. He has to look out for the interest of the fans. Going to an NBA game isn't cheap, between tickets, food, parking, ect... families are lucky to be able to make a single outing out of it per year. What if that family (say Spurs fans) decides to go watch the big game against the Heat only to find that Duncan, Parker and Manu are ALL out because Pop wants to troll or act like he's smarter than the room. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the people who are the reason that Pop and Duncan and Manu and Parker make millions and millions of dollars. If the guys are not injured and able to play, they should play, that's their job.

Meh. I have to pay big money to see the garbage Jets, Fins and Bills every single freaking year. Were is my refund?

I don't agree. Pop is only making them sit out because they are old and have a ton of miles on them. And the stretch they are on currently is a brutal one. I could understand the fine if the team is coming off of a couple of days rest, but during a brutal stretch of games a coach should be allowed to rest guys if he thinks they will need it.

I could see not playing them, but I read he "sent them home". Is it to much to ask for them to come and sit on the bench with their team. The 3 best players. Unless I read wrong and they are there.

I ran the same risk on Monday. Don't buy tickets months a head of time. What if LeBron strains his hamstring tonight and the Heat sit him out for their next road game? He COULD play but the team just rather not risk it?
Injuries are an accepted part of the game. Tickets get sold out.

If pop announced this before the tickets went on sale then fine. But he didn't.

If players are healthy they should play. Period. I think this of all sports and teams. I've been saying for years Indy should have been fined for not playing peyton at th end seasons.

Danny green and Parker are old now?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Chris Douglas Roberts and Nahahahahaha-ra struggling in the D-League

RIP to their careers

etiolate

Banned
Stern doesn't give a fuck about the fans. The Spurs are historically awful on back-to-backs and the end of long road trips. This game is actually competitive.

Stern's concerned about TNT being pissed and TV companies starting to demand players show up in their future contracts.

One more step towards the WWE.

I ran the same risk on Monday. Don't buy tickets months a head of time. What if LeBron strains his hamstring tonight and the Heat sit him out for their next road game? He COULD play but the team just rather not risk it?

An injury is a different story than just electing to treat a regular season game like its preseason.

And don't buy tickets in advance? Great message to send fans. Buying tickets in advance is who allows the fucking league to even exist in the first place. Ultimately the league has to be concerned with establishing a good faith relationship with its fans, and that trumps any sort of competitive advantage or "mind games" Pop or anyone else might want to pull. In all honestly, it's a pretty short sighted and out of touch sick move for Pop and co. to not look at it from the fan's perspective.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Meh. I have to pay big money to see the garbage Jets, Fins and Bills every single freaking year. Were is my refund?
The difference here is that you know what you're getting when you buy those tickets. When you buy tickets to a Spurs game, you have an expectation to see certain players, if they're healthy, or if the team is still in contention for something.

Like I said, however, I have, I think, a fair solution to the problem. Offer the fans a refund, and since this is a Miami home game, make Spurs organization pay for it.

SamuraiX-

Stern doesn't give a fuck about the fans. The Spurs are historically awful on back-to-backs and the end of long road trips. This game is actually competitive.

Stern's concerned about TNT being pissed and TV companies starting to demand players show up in their future contracts.

Preach it, brotha.

Pop is a genius....lull the Heat into a false sense of security by not playing his stars then BAM...shameball win...

339048_o.gif

Pimpwerx

Win or lose, Stern looks stupid now. This game was plenty competitive, without the Spurs Big3. Really lazy effort from Miami tonight, but kinda expected. They looked like they shut it down when the score was 16-6. PEACE.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

As is every other damn sports league that's worth a crap. Go see the NFL, and how seriously they take TV contracts. Stern is concerned with TNT, and he fucking should be. You can call it "WWE", if you want to, but NBA basketball is a TV show, and this is not a sport, it's a business.

how dare stern cater to what makes the league profitable!!!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Injuries are an accepted part of the game. Tickets get sold out.

If pop announced this before the tickets went on sale then fine. But he didn't.

If players are healthy they should play. Period. I think this of all sports and teams. I've been saying for years Indy should have been fined for not playing peyton at th end seasons.

Danny green and Parker are old now?

So....

Those games Kobe missed last season near the end of the season are ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom