• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pimpwerx

He resigned so I think you need to come up with another imaginary narrative to fit that.

He resigned like Bobby Bowden resigned. No one really believes that story, right? A legendary coach resigning mid-season? Bull-fucking-shit. When's the last time that's happened and it wasn't spurred on by health issues? Sloan got pushed out the door, and it was after his issues with Deron became a big, public affair. You allow someone with his legacy to put the face of resignation on it, but that was a forced retirement. You can't be that gullible. PEACE.

Oh hey, what do you know? Clipps play better when I get to watch the game. I missed most of the Warriors game and all of the Cavs game.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Come on, Lakers. Tank for me, baby.

Tank it hard. Give daddy what he wants and needs.

diehard

Fleer
He resigned like Bobby Bowden resigned. No one really believes that story, right? A legendary coach resigning mid-season? Bull-fucking-shit. When's the last time that's happened and it wasn't spurred on by health issues? Sloan got pushed out the door, and it was after his issues with Deron became a big, public affair. You allow someone with his legacy to put the face of resignation on it, but that was a forced retirement. You can't be that gullible. PEACE.

I like when fans try to tell fans of other teams how shit went down on their team.

Lakers fans are fucking delusional. The only good defensive player on the entire team is Dwight Howard. A new coach isn't going to be able to make them take care of the ball nor is he going to be able to turn back the hands of time.

A night of the Mavs winning and the Lakers losing cannot be beat. That second half was a bit ugly for the Mavs, but I am still loving this team. I know the Raptors aren't exactly a playoff team, but their depth is showing well with Dirk, Marion, Beaubois, and Brand out of this game. And Kamen is going to be so important for us if he can stay healthy.

Pimpwerx

I like when fans try to tell fans of other teams how shit went down on their team.

I understand that feeling, but I think the circumstances of Sloan's departure from Utah are highly suspect. When's the last time any coach in any sport, with Jerry Sloan's long-ass, storied history with a single franchise, ever resigned in the middle of a season, short of scandal or health concerns?

Deron got traded two weeks later. They couldn't have traded him before Sloan resigned? Was Sloan not communicating his frustration to management? It has all the appearance of the classic forced retirement of a big name coach. They get to claim retirement, like Bobby Bowden, but everyone in the world knows they were forced to retire. Something was very wrong at Utah, because they lost a big name player and coach over a dispute between the two of them. You'd think they'd have kept at least one of them. PEACE.

Jeff-DSA

I understand that feeling, but I think the circumstances of Sloan's departure from Utah are highly suspect. When's the last time any coach in any sport, with Jerry Sloan's long-ass, storied history with a single franchise, ever resigned in the middle of a season, short of scandal or health concerns?

Deron got traded two weeks later. They couldn't have traded him before Sloan resigned? Was Sloan not communicating his frustration to management? It has all the appearance of the classic forced retirement of a big name coach. They get to claim retirement, like Bobby Bowden, but everyone in the world knows they were forced to retire. Something was very wrong at Utah, because they lost a big name player and coach over a dispute between the two of them. You'd think they'd have kept at least one of them. PEACE.

I know people in the Jazz organization and have even talked to some players. The Sloan resignation was a total shock to everybody. The only person that knew about it before he did it (aside from assistant coach Phil Johnson) was Andrei Kirilenko for some really strange reason.

When Sloan told them that he was resigning, they tried to get him to stay, and he said that it wouldn't be right for him to stick around if he wasn't going to be 100% committed.

I'm just about ready to say Dallas dodged a bullet not signing Deron Williams. If Deron meant no Collison/Mayo/Kaman/Brand, then I'll gladly let him not sign.

Lakers fans are fucking delusional. The only good defensive player on the entire team is Dwight Howard. A new coach isn't going to be able to make them take care of the ball nor is he going to be able to turn back the hands of time.

The team will be better than the dogshit that Mike Brown is putting out there.

Pau is lazy defensively and isnt guarding the pnr well.

JoeFu

Banned
It's only a week in, but man this season is pretty awesome so far.

Seriously, who expected the Lakers to suck so much?

Pau is lazy defensively and isnt guarding the pnr well.

Like I said, Dwight Howard is the only good defensive player on the entire team. Nash is awful defensively. Kobe doesn't care defensively when things aren't going well (and he's old and slow). Artest lost a step. Gasol is tissue soft.

balddemon

Banned
I know people in the Jazz organization and have even talked to some players. The Sloan resignation was a total shock to everybody. The only person that knew about it before he did it (aside from assistant coach Phil Johnson) was Andrei Kirilenko for some really strange reason.

When Sloan told them that he was resigning, they tried to get him to stay, and he said that it wouldn't be right for him to stick around if he wasn't going to be 100% committed.

that's tight dude, what do you do?

Top Bottom