• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

balddemon

Banned
I don't work with the team, I just know people who do. Also, my friend's wife is friends with Deron Williams' wife. We got lots of dirt out of that.

lol so you ever play ball with dwill or talk to him? that'd be so sick. though he'd destroy everyone's ankles.

Jeff-DSA

lol so you ever play ball with dwill or talk to him? that'd be so sick. though he'd destroy everyone's ankles.

Played lots of Call of Duty with him, no ball. He did take one of my friends to a University of Utah basketball game though. It was Deron, my friend, CJ Miles, and Ronnie Price.

balddemon

Banned
Played lots of Call of Duty with him, no ball. He did take one of my friends to a University of Utah basketball game though. It was Deron, my friend, CJ Miles, and Ronnie Price.

hahaha thats so cool. so when i get back to BYU you and i and your friends in high places are hanging out right? right???? :p

balddemon

Banned
They all got traded away...

But we can still hang. My mom still says I'm cool.

well yeah i know they got traded, thats why i didn't specify deron hehe

are you in provo or around there? cuz i really am thinking about byu next fall, and i'd need some church ball to play.

Jeff-DSA

well yeah i know they got traded, thats why i didn't specify deron hehe

are you in provo or around there? cuz i really am thinking about byu next fall, and i'd need some church ball to play.

I'm up in Kaysville, about an hour north. Sadly, I'll be a little out of the way. I'm sure diehard will be around, he's always pretending to be a BYU student to hit on the girls. Success is rare, but he's determined.

balddemon

Banned
I'm up in Kaysville, about an hour north. Sadly, I'll be a little out of the way. I'm sure diehard will be around, he's always pretending to be a BYU student to hit on the girls. Success is rare, but he's determined.

:lol

i can see that, i'll have to finally introduce him to my cousin whos at byu...although he might have met her already...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Shit like that is just Kobe being a bitch

I have not seen him really try to work under the new system

I'm still sticking to my guns that Harden is not a max-contract player. He's obviously a great player that I would love to have on my team, but I don't think he's a player you want to max-out throughout his career. He's a player that is good enough to be the best player on a first-round exit team. You don't want to pay max-contract to players that aren't going to be good enough to give you a chance to compete in the playoffs. You're better off tanking and drafting that player than running with Harden and hoping he can become a Finals MVP.

I'm still sticking to my guns that Harden is not a max-contract player. He's obviously a great player that I would love to have on my team, but I don't think he's a player you want to max-out throughout his career. He's a player that is good enough to be the best player on a first-round exit team. You don't want to pay max-contract to players that aren't going to be good enough to give you a chance to compete in the playoffs. You're better off tanking and drafting that player than running with Harden and hoping he can become a Finals MVP.

Houston still has cap room. This team is incomplete. They're either going to do other trades or look to sign free agents in the off season. They've already got a solid base.

Blackace

I think he be worth the but not your number 1 for the season
But he has shown he can carry a team on his back

Houston still has cap room. This team is incomplete. They're either going to do other trades or look to sign free agents in the off season. They've already got a solid base.

Harden's contract kicks in next year, and both Lin's and Asik's contract kicks in 14/15. Those three alone will pretty much put them at the cap. They don't have enough cap room to get a big-time player. They have enough cap room to get an above-average salary player. Problem is that a lot of times, free agents require to be bought out, which they cannot do. OJ Mayo is an example of a player that Dallas got lucky getting at a bargain. Though Mayo is obvious not a player they would have wanted if Houston was eyeing Harden in the offseason.

I think he be worth the but not your number 1 for the season
But he has shown he can carry a team on his back

No he hasn't. He had two spectacular games to open the season against a terrible and average team. I don't think he is going to choke, but adapting to being the #1 option and having the opponent gameplan around you is very different than coming off the bench and being the scoring punch against their b-team and being the x-factor in the fourth quarter as the opponent cannot cover all 3 quality players.

This sequence describes the Lakers season in a nutshell from tonight's game:

Dwight Howard air balls a free throw and then laughs about it.

Blackace

No he hasn't. He had two spectacular games to open the season against a terrible and average team. I don't think he is going to choke, but adapting to being the #1 option and having the opponent gameplan around you is very different than coming off the bench and being the scoring punch against their b-team and being the x-factor in the fourth quarter as the opponent cannot cover all 3 quality players.

You are saying what I am saying but I think he has shown he can be a number 2

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Spurs start the road trip at Staples and ends the road trip at Staples

dat shitty schedule

The Mavs are tied for first in the best division in the NBA despite missing their best player. Not bad.

The schedule will be very favorable for the Mavs for the rest of November. If Dirk can come back by mid-December, they'll still be at playing at least .600 ball when he comes back.

Top Bottom