• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Kings need new ownership for the good of the NBA. They're ruining too many talented players. I doubt TRob would have done something like that if he had played for any other NBA franchise.

h3ro

Jim Buss confident in Mike Brown

"I have no problems with Mike Brown at all," Buss said. "He just works too hard and he's too knowledgeable for this to be happening.

Llhca.jpg

Che.

How did the Clippers and Lakers look last night?

One reason among many as to why the Least Coast sucks is the lateness of these games.

AirBrian

Can someone good with PS but Mike Brown (with Kobe as the cop even?) here:

2005carmine-falcone-batsignal.jpg

And then put Phil Jackson here:

bat-signal.jpeg

And make it all one picture?

h3ro

When do the Knicks go West so we can laugh at them?
Only to get beat by the dirkless mavericks...such weird season
ibaKh6PlsynQMf.gif

The Knicks upcoming schedule is retarded. Its not even an advantage when it's this early in the season lol.
AARP knicks need these days at the end of the season, not now. This team is gonna run out of gas if Shump/Amare aren't effective when they come back.

Jeff-DSA

David Locke ‏@Lockedonsports
Pau Gasol missed a 3 with 4:30 left last night then defiantly Kobe Bryant used 10 straight Lakers possession to close the game

That sounds horrible at first, but it was during that 4:30 when the Lakers showed any sort of life. They did have a small run in the 3rd, but it fizzled fairly quickly.

h3ro

lol ****
look at your boy, adam

I hope Shump fits right in. Isn't Amare ok with coming off the bench or did I fantasize that?

If they continue to play well, I don't see how he has much of a choice. Melo has embraced the 4, is rebounding and playing defense like a player with his talent should. No reason to change that if it continues. He might benefit from an "instant offense" type role. On an off night where starters shots aren't falling, having JR/Amare might help create quick buckets. (that combo will easily make me want to rip out my hair tho)

Regarding SHUMPS, the combination of Kidd and Brewer at the 2 should allow Woodson to ease him back into game shape, after that, I'd like if he can develop some consistency in his offensive game (a dependable jumpshot for one) and the vet presence on the roster should aid in ironing out some of the bonehead mistakes he made repeatedly last year.

Truphenom

lol ****
look at your boy, adam

If they continue to play well, I don't see how he has much of a choice. Melo has embraced the 4, is rebounding and playing defense like a player with his talent should. No reason to change that if it continues. He might benefit from an "instant offense" type role. On an off night where starters shots aren't falling, having JR/Amare might help create quick buckets. (that combo will easily make me want to rip out my hair tho)

Regarding SHUMPS, the combination of Kidd and Brewer at the 2 should allow Woodson to ease him back into game shape, after that, I'd like if he can develop some consistency in his offensive game (a dependable jumpshot for one) and the vet presence on the roster should aid in ironing out some of the bonehead mistakes he made repeatedly last year.

Shump in control would make me drool lol. Amare playing with the bench, getting the focus of the offense and always having a pg looking for him should be enough to embrace. Might even look like his own self again.

diehard

Fleer
You ripped my heart out again with that one. We should have had a game 7. Also, Bavetta's shot clock mistakes cost us another game in the Finals the next time. Absolutely brutal.

Oh the 5 points that we got robbed of? He has another video that shows that too.

Jeff-DSA

Okur was a fun guy to watch. One season he was the only Jazz player to play in every game. It was that same season that his back problems were really starting to get bad. Most fans didn't know how much he was hurting to stay out there. I felt really bad for him later.

We used to see him at the Gateway mall all the time. I swear that he ate at Braza Grill at least once a week. He was always high fiving people and taking pictures too. Such a cool dude.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Before the draft, Lillard spoke about which NBA point guards whom he admired most, and the names won't surprise anyone who has watched him play: Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook. Both are scoring point guards, as is Lillard. It's worth noting that in Westbrook's case, his aggressiveness sometimes gets the best of him.

D: D: D:

"Russell Westbrook, with his mentality, how aggressive he his and how confident he is, I think I'm kind of the same way," Lillard said. "You don't see it as much on the outside. But on the inside, I know how he feels."

D: D':

Kind of makes you wonder, as Lillard feels out his strengths and weaknesses and settles into what will be a prominent niche in the exclusive neighborhood of NBA point guards: Is the league big enough for two Westbrooks?

D':

"I score the ball," Lillard said, "but I make the right plays."

:D :D :D

The one thing Del Negro couldn't do, however, was play defense. Popovich smiles when he says Del Negro "couldn't play a lick of D" and that the Spurs still run a "Del Negro" defense at times.

"We had to invent something just to hide him," Popovich said. "So we call it 'Del Negro' and you do certain things on the court and everybody has to make up for that guy who's the 'Del Negro.'"

... :(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm still in disbelief regarding Mullens

If he plays that many minutes and takes over 10 shots, his team is guaranteed to lose.

Top Bottom