• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Been catching up on the Heat with LP and good god when did Wade get his shot back? I don't think I've seen him look this comfortable shooting since 09.

Basket-ball Reference says he is 23/50 on jumpers, .460. He looks alot more confident. Lebron too.

Been catching up on the Heat with LP and good god when did Wade get his shot back? I don't think I've seen him look this comfortable shooting since 09.

Basket-ball Reference says he is 23/50 on jumpers, .460. He looks alot more confident. Lebron too.
Still needs to cut down on turnovers but Wade is looking better and better

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
And who do people really expect to get? Sloan is like 70 years old, literally turned 70 this year. HIS system would probably be worse for this Lakers squad.

So, rule out sloan.

Who you getting? Phil wants no part of it.

SVG? Dwight will have no part of that and will basically null and void any chance you have of him re-upping at the end of the year.

JVG? I really don't see JVG giving up his nice and easy commentators job to coach these guys.

Don Nelson? ya right.

Mac 10? i like Mac, but.... this squad? Thats basically the only real alternative out there.

Lakers are going to stick with Brown for the year. Its a dumb over reaction thing by laker fans who love to over analyze even the most trivial shit and jump to dumb conclusions. Kobe got a new tat? DOES HE HAVE AIDS?!?!?!?!?!?!?! does that mean nash is fucking vanessa?!??!?!!?

Mike-DAntoni-Playoffs.jpg

Kobe and Mike speak Italian to each other during games. They have a bromance.

The league is dead if Wade learns to shoot again.

I'm still in disbelief regarding Mullens

If he plays that many minutes and takes over 10 shots, his team is guaranteed to lose.

When you ship out your old tank commander to Detroit for a future 1st you have to make sure you have someone trained and ready to take over. Mullens is that guy.

You will be the Jordan to MKG's Pippin Shabazz Muhammad, by the word of Stern it will be so

Should Brown have Gasol come off the bench as the sixth man and start Jamison? Gasol should still get a lot of minutes, but they can't have no scoring threats off the bench.

Should Brown have Gasol come off the bench as the sixth man and start Jamison? Gasol should still get a lot of minutes, but they can't have no scoring threats off the bench.

Pau doesn't look like a scoring threat anymore and the Lakers already have Dwight playing with the bench unit. Jamison needs fewer minutes, not more.

KingJ2002

Is it safe to say that it would be beneficial for the Lakers to pick up Kenyon Martin and use him at a 4... while keeping Jamison at the 3 and Hill at the 5?

is it also safe to say that the Lakers should dump the following players:

Earl Clark
Chris Duhon

Bogut out for the next two or three games.

Warriors should still be able to beat the Lakers, but it will probably be closer.

old AI is more of a scoring threat than anyone on LA's bench. didnt Kobe want him signed last year too?

Iverson couldn't even make the Chinese league this year and could barely get on the floor in exhibition games, he's beyond finished and apparently hasn't worked out much in the last year. Arenas is horrible as well.

Bogut out for the next two or three games.

Warriors should still be able to beat the Lakers, but it will probably be closer.

Iverson couldn't even make the Chinese league this year and could barely get on the floor in exhibition games, he's beyond finished and apparently hasn't worked out much in the last year. Arenas is horrible as well.

No chance. Frontline is softer than even LALs.

I'm not feelin so hot about tomorrow's game, especially cuz crowder is going to have to guard Melo. if there's ever a time that i wanted Marion, its for tomorrow. I wouldnt be shocked at a knicks blowout

I'm not feelin so hot about tomorrow's game, especially cuz crowder is going to have to guard Melo. if there's ever a time that i wanted Marion, its for tomorrow. I wouldnt be shocked at a knicks blowout

I wrote this same idea on another board. You dont mess with Friday Night Knicks!

Nelo Ice

Banned
If they don't win, Brown will be outsies.

I think Jim Buss is too stubborn to fire him and admit he made a massive mistake hiring him. Especially since he wanted to do everything to distance himself from anything relating to Phil. I can't wait to see more dumbfuck lineups and not running anything to utilize any of the talent he has. It's like hey Metta can't handle they ball...lets let him handle the ball! Or Dwight isn't effective posting up, let's run no PnRs and let him post up! O and not to mention it is so nice seeing every starter play 36+ play minutes every single game.

Also wow didn't watch the game but this sounds beyond stupid of him.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2012/11/8/3616710/lakers-come-for-jazz-brown-gives-us-the-blues
I hate to bash Mike Brown as he is the coach of our team, and the Lakers organization has just reaffirmed their faith in the man, but seriously what was he thinking? At the end of the first quarter he trotted out a line-up of Darius Morris, Devin Ebanks, Antawn Jamison, Jordan Hill, and Pau Gasol. A passive Pau Gasol paired with no great floor-spacing shooter or shot-creating playmaker, what could go wrong? That line-up closed out the final two and half minutes and produce not a single point. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Goose Egg.

Surely Mike Brown would have recognized the flaws in that line-up, right? Not quite. He started the next quarter with a similar line-up, but with Metta World Peace now manning the shooting guard position and Howard anchoring the middle. It shouldn't come as a surprise that this line-up played a couple minutes and was outscored 10-4. Playing these two line-ups to end the first quarter and start the second quarter caused the Jazz' four-point lead to balloon to fourteen points. The Lakers would never recover from that run.

The famous saying is, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." But what happens if you are fooled three times? Mike Brown was twice hurt by these four non-shooters plus one all-star big man line-ups. Certainly the man wouldn't do it again in the same game would he? Well, yes he did. Brown sent the same line-up that started the 2nd quarter back out on the court to start the 4th. The Jazz extended their lead another three points during that span. For those of you who are counting, those line-ups were a combined -13 while the other line-ups were a +4.

Laker home game. At least 2 Warriors forwards will foul out.

Jack and Curry's penetration, for this matchup, doesnt really scare me. Curry due for a sprain anyway. Lakers better win.

all bets are off when Steve Blake is your starting point man. the second he does anything other than advance the ball past half court or catch and shoot, bad things usually happen.

I love how the Lakers kept posting up Dwight against Kanter when Kanter is awesome at defending postup players and isn't nearly as good at defending pick-and-roll or in help.

I mean, why not?

Nelo Ice

Banned
I love how the Lakers kept posting up Dwight against Kanter when Kanter is awesome at defending postup players and isn't nearly as good at defending pick-and-roll or in help.

I mean, why not?

Hey when you're Mike Brown you gotta run the opposite of whatever a player is good at or even better play guys out of position! If you can let Metta handle the ball and play SG, post up Dwight, Give Pau 3 attempts you gotta do it. Sigh I can't believe how much of a trainwreck this has been. I thought the team could overcome dumbfuck coaching but this is just ridiculous.

edit:Not to mention he's playing every starter a ridiculous amount of minutes and bringing them back in during 24 point blowouts.

Top Bottom