• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
lol. They arent the Clippers or the Knicks, they have no bench.

Players need to rest, but when you try to find proper rest for players. The plus/minus gets out of hand like the quote above states.

Bogut is averaging 18.3 minutes, 6 points and 3.8 rebounds per game so far this season. He’s been pretty pedestrian, not the defensive force and passing big man we remember.

I hate it when these writers do this....His stats aren't telling. The W's defense has been significantly better when he's on the floor.

Assuming Mayo averages what he did in the Toronto game last night for the year, how much will it cost the Mavs to keep him? I don't think he would be a max player, but I think he may like his fit here. Which team will be primed to buy him out if he continues to be a consistent and efficient 20 ppg?

giri

Assuming Mayo averages what he did in the Toronto game last night for the year, how much will it cost the Mavs to keep him? I don't think he would be a max player, but I think he may like his fit here. Which team will be primed to buy him out if he continues to be a consistent and efficient 20 ppg?

If he continues to put up 20-5-5 efficiently he's a 12M per year guy.

Who? there will be plenty of teams with massive amounts of money at the end of this season.

I think something like 10 teams will have room for max offers.

If he continues to put up 20-5-5 efficiently he's a 12M per year guy.

Who? there will be plenty of teams with massive amounts of money at the end of this season.

I think something like 10 teams will have room for max offers.
Dallas should be able to afford that and they have Collison's Bird rights. So Dallas will have the option to keep the backcourt in tact. They may be able to backload contracts too since Dirk's next contract in two years will definitely be smaller. Hopefully he pulls a Tim Duncan and gives Dallas some more wiggle room. Dirk actually doesn't have an agent and has handled all of his contractual discussions with Cuban personally. I don't think Dirk would mind something along the lines of 10m a year once he is 35.

balddemon

Banned
Why can't I vote?

based on theignoramus' post, i'd say it's because you are a junior member. maybe blackace will change you to a member to allow you to exercise your right to vote?

on another note i voted for my little kobe

edit: holy fuck this was so late. that what i get for gaffing at work

After the contracts give out this year?

no chance he signs for only 7 digits per year.

Derozan got 11M per.

Standard raise off the rookie deal.

Mem, essentially, cut OJ. He isn't in the running for the guaranteed raises off a rookie deal anymore.

I like the prospect of Dallas keeping Dirk and Marion as the older and cheaper vets with Mayo and Collison becoming the new faces. They'd have enough money to make another smart move and get a near-all star player.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Whichever choice wins, I win.

But the real winner is Dy.

But the real real winner will be Raging if he chooses to make the avatar for adam.

I like the prospect of Dallas keeping Dirk and Marion as the older and cheaper vets with Mayo and Collison becoming the new faces. They'd have enough money to make another smart move and get a near-all star player.

That's what has me so intrigued by this year. Both him and Collison definitely have the potential to be a lethal backcourt, but for years they've been stuck at a place where they can't shine. Hopefully they can actually break out and we sign them for long term.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Hai guys I think ima be away from GAF for a little while
Still going change your avatar

If you try to run on you and I have to change you won't be able to change it back without mods doing it for you

Branduil

Gortat is putting up good numbers in Phoenix even without Nash. He'll be a free agent next year.

Collison+Mayo+Crowder+Gortat future.

Blackace

Gortat is putting up good numbers in Phoenix even without Nash. He'll be a free agent next year.

Collison+Mayo+Crowder+Gortat future.
A lot of teams seem to be going for the good player at every position route pretty much the Philly Mem Den models

giri

Standard raise off the rookie deal.

Mem, essentially, cut OJ. He isn't in the running for the guaranteed raises off a rookie deal anymore.

Uhh? Thats a nice storyline, but they cut him because he didn't get along with the team and they couldn't afford too. (or refused to afford to).

And Derozans contract is not "standard rookie raise". What mythical tale does that come from? Why didn't a billion other rookies get it?

I'm also not saying that Mayo is necessarily WORTH 12M per, but i really would be surprised to see him sign for anything under 10Mper if he puts up anything close to 20-5-5

Branduil

A lot of teams seem to be going for the good player at every position route pretty much the Philly Mem Den models

Having good players at every position is every team's model. It's just a lot harder to do if you have superstars at 2 or 3 positions.

Also I really doubt Mayo will average 20-5-5. 16-4-4 is more realistic on the optimistic side of the scale.

Blackace

Uhh? Thats a nice storyline, but they cut him because he didn't get along with the team and they couldn't afford too. (or refused to afford to).

And Derozans contract is not "standard rookie raise". What mythical tale does that come from? Why didn't a billion other rookies get it?

I'm also not saying that Mayo is necessarily WORTH 12M per, but i really would be surprised to see him sign for anything under 10Mper if he puts up anything close to 20-5-5

If he does 20-5-5 he is without a 10 million player in this market. Plus he is in Dallas

Blackace

Having good players at every position is every team's model. It's just a lot harder to do if you have superstars at 2 or 3 positions.
It's not really

It's every team's hope

But GMs aren't stupid and know you can make a team with 2 second options and great role players

Or a team with 2-3 superstars plus whatever

Also I really doubt Mayo will average 20-5-5. 16-4-4 is more realistic on the optimistic side of the scale.

Who knows, as much grief as I give RC for not playing younger guys, he really is able to help players grow their game. Maybe with a good coach finally, Mayo can flourish. I was really surprised by his ballhandling last night when they were blitzing him as soon as he got the ball.

Blackace

Who knows, as much grief as I give RC for not playing younger guys, he really is able to help players grow their game. Maybe with a good coach finally, Mayo can flourish. I was really surprised by his ballhandling last night when they were blitzing him as soon as he got the ball.
Shouldn't be he was a PG project for a bit in Mem

pilonv1

I hate it when these writers do this....His stats aren't telling. The W's defense has been significantly better when he's on the floor.

Who wrote that garbage? He had a bunch of assists last night, took some charges and blocked some shots. He's been a positive for nearly every minute he's been on the floor

Just wish they'd let him play the Lakers game before shutting him down.

It's not really

It's every team's hope

But GMs aren't stupid and know you can make a team with 2 second options and great role players

Or a team with 2-3 superstars plus whatever

I always felt that it was best to have a team full of players that had a purpose for your game plan. Not every player is going to be great, but they should be able to do something to add to the team. A team with an all star guard and center would want to have a deadly 3 point shooter. That shooter wouldn't need to have great handles or be a great defender since the guard will create opportunities and the center can help erase a lot of his mistakes. It isn't too expensive to get a guy who is just really good at shooting and not much else. You wouldn't want that same player on a team that has no ball handlers already or already has a bad defense.

Every decent lottery pick has gotten 10m or so these past few years.

No GM has to pay OJ 10m a year because he isnt a restricted FA. He is making 4 million right now. Why would any GM offer him 10 or more before anybody else does? He will get low-balled.

Top Bottom