• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
BROWN FIRED?!?!? FUCK YEAH

LAKERS PLAYING DEFENSE?!!?!? FUCK YEAH

SUBS PLAYING WELL?!?!!? FUCK YEAH

PHIL POSSIBLY COMING BACK!?!?!? FUCK YEAH

FUCK YEAH

FUCK YEAH

FUCK YEAH

FUCK YEAH

FUCK YEAH

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rLrIc.gif

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Well, well.. apparently Jerry usurped little Jimmies authority and pulled the kill switch on this one. According to Brown's camp anyways.

Greatest fucking owner of all time, gentlemen. Of. All. Time.

Clean up your sons mess, Jerry. Clean it right up.

Pkaz01

this suns team came back from 26 point deficit? why is shannon brown balling out of control?

Gortat leading the league in blocks. Trade value is sky rocketing!

marcingortatdancing480p.gif

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well, well.. apparently Jerry usurped little Jimmies authority and pulled the kill switch on this one. According to Brown's camp anyways.

Greatest fucking owner of all time, gentlemen. Of. All. Time.

Clean up your sons mess, Jerry. Clean it right up.

Yep, Jimmy has been dead wrong for both coaches he's hired. At this point let Jeanie or someone competent run basketball operations. Jim wanted to distance himself from Phil and he's failed in spectacular fashion each time. About the only thing you could say he's done right is pushing for Bynum and that's really about it.

giri

this suns team came back from 26 point deficit? why is shannon brown balling out of control?

Gortat leading the league in blocks. Trade value is sky rocketing!

marcingortatdancing480p.gif

Seriously, i'm baffeled by it all.

Dragic had a huge game though it would seem.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
everyone wants Phil back...but does Phil want to come back? does he still have the fire? can he do the grind of the job?

this wouldn't be the first time he took a year off, and all bullshit aside I remember he did put out some feelers to see if he could get the knicks job before they went to Woodson. Also the Lakers might need him as much to manage the personalities on their roster as anything else.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
this wouldn't be the first time he took a year off, and all bullshit aside I remember he did put out some feelers to see if he could get the knicks job before they went to Woodson. Also the Lakers might need him as much to manage the personalities on their roster as anything else.

Jackson said he would never coach a team as dysfunctional as the Knicks. A lot of people took it to mean as a jab against the roster, but I think there was clarification where he meant FO.

Pkaz01

Seriously, i'm baffeled by it all.

Dragic had a huge game though it would seem.

i think brown and telfair went off and gentry kept the bench in long enough for the cavs starters to tire out allowing our starters to finish them off. And kyrie had an off game

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
hmm Phil apparently lives only a mile away from Jerry Buss, that must make things easier >_>

I don't think it was ever difficult with Jerry. I mean he is banging his daughter. Most of the trouble comes from Jim Buss. If the reports about Jerry making executive decisions are true, I'd expect Phil to come in within the next day or two.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I don't think it was ever difficult with Jerry. I mean he is banging his daughter. Most of the trouble comes from Jim Buss. If the reports about Jerry making executive decisions are true, I'd expect Phil to come in within the next day or two.

After Jims 2 massive fuckups I doubt Jerry is going to give Jim the reigns now. And yeah I expect Phil to be hired soon. He's the only real replacement that can lead this team to a chip.

I guess Suns fans hate him, but to the rest of the league, Gortat has always been productive enough to be desirable, especially since his contract is super reasonable. For context, at $7.25 million, he makes $1.75 million less than Biedrins, who the Warriors inexplicably didn't amnesty, and I still can't bring myself to hate him. He just makes me very, very sad.

After Jims 2 massive fuckups I doubt Jerry is going to give Jim the reigns now. And yeah I expect Phil to be hired soon. He's the only real replacement that can lead this team to a chip.

Bernie Bickerstaff is now, by percentage, the most successful coach in Lakers history.

>_>

on a serious note, its kind of weird Jerry didn't have Phil already lined up, or anyone else for that matter. He just snapped and wanted Brown gone right away. i would think he would be in talks with Phil before canning Brown.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bernie Bickerstaff is now, by percentage, the most successful coach in Lakers history.

>_>

on a serious note, its kind of weird Jerry didn't have Phil already lined up, or anyone else for that matter. He just snapped and wanted Brown gone right away. i would think he would be in talks with Phil before canning Brown.

I'm sure there was at least a wink and nod that he might be interested. The Jeanie connection probably proves vital.

really hoping the Phil announcement comes soon. Kobe definitely wants him back, just saw the post game interview and he's talking about how he couldn't give Phil 100% in his last year due to injuries.

Pkaz01

I guess Suns fans hate him, but to the rest of the league, Gortat has always been productive enough to be desirable, especially since his contract is super reasonable. For context, at $7.25 million, he makes $1.75 million less than Biedrins, who the Warriors inexplicably didn't amnesty, and I still can't bring myself to hate him. He just makes me very, very sad.

I like Gortat he plays hard, says all the right things and seems loyal as hell. I just think we are better off trading him to get some young talent and picks because he is one of our best trading pieces. I think he is a good center, really good for what we are paying him. Some think he is overrated and others think he was a product of nash.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I like Gortat he plays hard, says all the right things and seems loyal as hell. I just think we are better off trading him to get some young talent and picks because he is one of our best trading pieces. I think he is a good center, really good for what we are paying him. Some think he is overrated and others think he was a product of nash.

Jeff Green for Gortat.

giri

Gortat would be fine along side someone like LMA or Bosh or someone like that. He's good in the PnR, plays hard on D, plays smart most of the time, seems a good enough team mate. Is white so even the wolves could trade for him. willing enough passer down low. He's a ~ 70% foul shooter, so he's not a liability in that regard either.

But, he isn't your first option on O from your bigs. And thats what he is for the suns. For numerous reasons. His jumper is very iffy, he doesn't finish strong, doesn't go at the body of the defender and draw fouls, avoids contact to the point he can miss shots, can be shut down easily by the better big defenders (see favors stealing his soul last year).

He only shot 3FT's per game last year, and in some sort of perspective, he shot .334 in FTA/FGA i.e. he got one free throw attempt every 3 shots. So got fouled once every 6 shots. That ranked him 15th out of 19 centers who played more than 40 games and more than 25mpg.

I would love to keep gortat, or, i would love to have had gortat while the suns had Amare. Perfect foil, basically the exact right guy to have next to Amare.

But the suns don't have Amare, we have Scola, Best Morris and... jermaine o'neal.

He's the sort of guy that is going to fill a lot of missing holes on most rosters. But he's not your star big, if you're going anywhere.

And for that reason, trade him for a couple of high picks. Ones that will be single digits. Not like this roster is going anywhere anytime soon.

Pkaz01

I would love to keep gortat, or, i would love to have had gortat while the suns had Amare. Perfect foil, basically the exact right guy to have next to Amare.

This made me imagine having him instead of Rolo during that 2010 run :(. why you gotta go and do that

giri

This made me imagine having him instead of Rolo during that 2010 run :(. why you gotta go and do that

I would have just taken a healthy lopez and an Amare that didn't completely shit the fucking bed. its amazing how bad he played that series.

Pkaz01

I would have just taken a healthy lopez and an Amare that didn't completely shit the fucking bed. its amazing how bad he played that series.

He really disappointed after a good series against the spurs. Didn't he have one decent game and 3 or 4 bad ones? Jrich played out of his mind though its sad to see what happened to him after he left.

Nash is gonna be out for another week, going to miss spurs, kings, and the suns matchups.

that takes the fun out of the suns match up I was looking forward to dragic giving him the business. Oh well suns probably still lose since brown is gone.

giri

He really disappointed after a good series against the spurs. Didn't he have one decent game and 3 or 4 bad ones? Jrich played out of his mind though its sad to see what happened to him after he left.

that takes the fun out of the suns match up I was looking forward to dragic giving him the business. Oh well suns probably still lose since brown is gone.

Yeah, he had a 40pt game in one of them. the rest were turds.

And yeah, J Rich's drop off was stunning.

I just watched the highlights from the end of that Wolves/Pacers game, damn Gerald Green just got left in the dust by that Budinger cut, he's standing at the top of the arc looking absolutely clueless, wondering where the hell his man went. thats what no danny granger gives them, lol.

edit: oh and rewatching that LBJ dagger over Deshawn Stevenson, James hooked him up with a forearm before he pulled up. If Deshawn did that to LBJ he woulda got that whistle.

Pkaz01

Yeah, he had a 40pt game in one of them. the rest were turds.

And yeah, J Rich's drop off was stunning.

Speaking off drop off have you seen dudley this season?

I dont know if he is just in a funk or what but he just isnt playing well. I expect gentry to start putting brown in the starting line up and moving dudley to the bench with a telfair/tucker/dudley backcourt.

Morris isn't playing well either but there made the term sophomore slump for a reason.

Gortat is going to get paid again when his contract runs up, unlike a lot of the guys this off-season though he deserves it. If you end up holding on to him until his contract runs up at the end of next season I'd love for the Cats to sign him. He's about as good a player as we can expect to sign in the open market. Until we start to win no big time FA is coming to Charlotte. We desperately need a franchise guy to fall to us in the next two drafts if that is going to happen.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Gortat is going to get paid again when his contract runs up, unlike a lot of the guys this off-season though he deserves it. If you end up holding on to him until his contract runs up at the end of next season I'd love for the Cats to sign him. He's about as good a player as we can expect to sign in the open market. Until we start to win no big time FA is coming to Charlotte. We desperately need a franchise guy to fall to us in the next two drafts if that is going to happen.

Gortat though? ugh. The lack of any talented bigs is the killer right now. We actually have a solid foundation on the perimeter at the moment.

The tanking is going fine. If we're going for anyone, they've got be at least Cousins-tier. If we jump the gun to sign some bullshit like Washington I'll be pissed.

DCX

DCX
Knicks off to their best start since 93-94......nope not going to believe yet.
Same here. Its just good play and it will balance out. No way we keep this pace up for 82 games.

In the same lines as the Lakers not staying this bad. Knicks will be in the hunt for a 3-6 and Lakers a 1-4 spot.

I would love to be proven wrong on the Knicks end :p

DCX

Top Bottom