• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
...... urface :(

image.php

So according to Bucher, magic convinced jerry to fire mike brown.
And Phil coming back 'a strong possibility' but only if Jim steps aside.
Do it mitch.
I'm officially on the trade Al Jefferson bandwagon... Favors needs 36 minutes
How do you feel about a spaniard that can occasionally hit 3 pointers?

Phil is being offered the job and it's his call. LA times says 95% he coaches.

Also don't listen to bucher. He has been wrong about everything laker related ever. He's the one who said Kobe will never wear a laker uni again.

Pau for Jefferson? Keep you herpes to yourself.

Cloudy

Banned
There is no way Mike Brown got fired after 5 games if Phil or D'Antoni haven't accepted the job yet. Lakers will pretend they are just doing a search now so the new coach doesn't look like he stole someone else's job. It's pretty telling that they fired Mike with a bunch of easy home games coming. They didn't want him to start winning lol

Phil is being offered the job and it's his call. LA times says 95% he coaches.

Also don't listen to bucher. He has been wrong about everything laker related ever. He's the one who said Kobe will never wear a laker uni again.

Pau for Jefferson? Keep you herpes to yourself.
Name one journalist thats been never wrong about a source or prediction.
It's well documented Phil And Jim dont like each other.
And Jim ran him out of town last summer.
If I was Phil, Jim stepping aside would be my one condition.
It makes sense. Search your heart. You know it's true.

Name one journalist thats been never wrong about a source or prediction.
It's well documented Phil And Jim dont like each other.
And Jim ran him out of town last summer.
If I was Phil, Jim stepping aside would be my one condition.
It makes sense. Search your heart. You know it's true.

Ran him out? He had to be begged to come back. He wasn't healthy. He also wanted no part of they lockout season.

This is like the Jim will never trade Bynum crap. Hey mike brown was in the room with Jerry when interviewed. Jerry gave the green light. As did Mitch. Yes Jim wanted to remove Phil's influence when he left but stop making shit up.

Bucher is always wrong. Why do you think he's no longer at espn?

Ran him out? He had to be begged to come back. He wasn't healthy. He also wanted no part of they lockout season.

This is like the Jim will never trade Bynum crap. Hey mike brown was in the room with Jerry when interviewed. Jerry gave the green light. As did Mitch. Yes Jim wanted to remove Phil's influence when he left but stop making shit up.

jimbo removing phil and his staff immediately isn't running him out of town?
am i making stuff up?

This is like the Jim will never trade Bynum crap.
oh dear, i fear we may have a jim apologist here.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

I don't get it. They still employ Chris Broussard. It's not like ESPN is some kind of bastion of quality journalism, like Ric Bucher's reporting was somehow not good enough for their outfit.

I mean, the best basketball reporters out there work for USA Today, CBS, Yahoo.

woj has spoken

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
As Lakers meet w/ Phil Jackson today, they’ve declined meetings w/ any other candidates, source says. “They’re all in on Phil,” source says.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Source close to another coaching candidate tells Y! @Lakers are pushing hard to get Phil Jackson and haven't set up anything with his client

SportsBlogNewYork ‏@SportsBlogNYC
BREAKING: Phil Jackson and the Lakers agree to a contract. Phil Jackson will return to the Lakers for a 3rd time.

No idea about credibility on this so I'll wait for Woj to confirm.

Darkman M

Don't even have to watch this to know that their defense is bad. Old team with no athletic depth.

There are people still saying the princeton is a bad offense. I can't believe anyone that plays basketball or follows basketball hardcore would say the princeton is a bad offense. When run well the princeton can make a bad team competitive and a good team great.

Not the best option for the group the Lakers have.

Doomsayer

Don't even have to watch this to know that their defense is bad. Old team with no athletic depth.

There are people still saying the princeton is a bad offense. I can't believe anyone that plays basketball or follows basketball hardcore would say the princeton is a bad offense. When run well the princeton can make a bad team competitive and a good team great.

It fits certain teams well, but it wasn't a match with this Laker team. It was obvious from the beginning.

Our defense is bad, but, the turnovers made it look much worse.

The team can play defense, on the vid they looked like they had no intensity at all.

wasn't Boston an older team that still was in top 5 defense the past couple years ?

Mike Brown shit the bed by focusing on Offense and letting the defense slip and the players didn't even try on defense, age has nothing to do with it in this case, effort does.

Tom Penny

Pretty obvious Phil was going to coach the Lakers. They were just smart to do it now then wait another season. Doubt he will be turning down a suitcase full of money and that roster.

Top Bottom