• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Haden won't fire him until the sanctions are over unless we lose to ND and fucla.

Lane and his crew are actually the perfect guys to have during this time because even if the team underachieves on the field you know he will knock it out of the ball part on recruits. If he does end up being ousted in a year or two he won't leave the cupboard bare, that's for sure.

balddemon

Banned
:( i thought LMA's shot was gonna be good :(

reilo how are you a fan of this team???? i only watched the last 40 seconds and i just about had a heart attack lol

:( i thought LMA's shot was gonna be good :(

reilo how are you a fan of this team???? i only watched the last 40 seconds and i just about had a heart attack lol

They've owned us in Portland the last few seasons too. When I saw TP and Blair were both going to be out, and that half our team was sick, I chalked it up as a loss. Glad I tuned in! Spurs still turning it over too much though

God portland's bench is bad. Maybe worse than the laker's bench. It sure is nice to have a real threatening point guard, though.

edit: batum is such a fucking cock tease

that sucks. i wanted ND to lose so we could have ksu - oregon title game. ksu - ND will be SEC Lite

Yea, the rush defense is god awful tonight. Dunno what is going on. And why they aren't running that screen play to the left that worked millions of times against usc last week is beyond me.

I'm sure oregon will win out, but there's gonna be some head scratching in the human polls tomorrow.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
According to a source close to Mike D'Antoni, there is no in-person follow up interview scheduled w/ LA: "Probably depends on Phil."

I anxiously await the return of the Zen Master.

Canuck76

Banned
Wow. At least this Blazers team is fun.

Bench still stinks though.

Honestly though, that's for the better right now. We need at least one more solid season of suckage to get a chance at another game changer.

Dang, though watching the highlights,

Amazing if Lamarcus makes that shot.

the Kings are such an angry, out of control ball club, lol.
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/11/10/nba-looking-into-elliott-incident-with-cousins/

The NBA is looking into a postgame confrontation between Sacramento Kings forward DeMarcus Cousins and broadcaster Sean Elliott that took place on the Sleep Train Arena court after the Spurs’ 97-86 victory in Sacramento on Friday.

Elliott, the former Spurs star who serves as analyst on the locally produced telecasts of Spurs games, criticized Cousins for “talking trash” about Spurs captain Tim Duncan during the fourth quarter.

After overpowering Duncan for two baskets and drawing a shooting foul on the Spurs star with about five minutes left, Cousins bellowed to his teammates on the Kings’ bench after drawing a shooting foul on the future Hall of Famer.

Elliott paraphrased Cousins as saying, “I’m going to bust his ass.”

Elliott responded after Duncan blocked a Cousins shot at the rim and scored three baskets.

“That’s why some humility is in order,” Elliott said on the air. “You think you’re dominating Tim Duncan, you get it stuffed right back in your face. Timmy doesn’t like to talk trash. But if guys start talking mess to him, he’s going to respond. All that trash talking was premature. I’m not about to let these guys off the hook. Young ballclub should learn from this. Don’t start talking and flapping your gums against one of the greatest players ever. He’s going to make you pay. Tell me who got the best of this exchange.”

Apparently informed postgame of Elliott’s remarks, Cousins appeared on the court in his uniform and confronted Elliott after he and broadcaster Bill Land completed their postgame show.

“I was wondering why Cousins was out there in his uniform waiting for them to finish his postgame show,” said Bill Schoening, who does the play-by-play call on radio broadcasts of Spurs games. “Then I saw them in an animated conversation out on the court.

“I observed Sean walk away from Cousins and Cousins continue to talk to Sean as he left the scene, but I couldn’t hear what was being said.”

An NBA spokesperson said the league is aware of, and reviewing, the incident.

Elliott declined to comment, saying he would let the league investigate and respond as it saw fit.

Cousins was critical of Elliott’s on-air commentary, telling the Sacramento Bee newspaper the Spurs broadcaster was “immature.”

linsivvi

That's why DMC will never be considered elite until he can find a way to control his temper. All that talent would be wasted if he can't play the mind game.

Cousins needs to not give a shit and handle himself better but at least he didn't fight.

and to be fair to him Sean Elliott, bless his health, is one of the most annoying homer color commentators in the league, and he probably made it sound like OMG HOW COULD YOU on air which is just as irritating.

and humility blah blah blah sorry we don't all have to be as boring a personality as duncan

Top Bottom