• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
True, but the last thing I want to see the league has even more power and control the team announcers. The next thing you know they'll start fining or firing commentators for criticize refs. In a perfect world every team would try to improve their crew.

As for the League Pass, they should simply provide multiple feeds. It's ridiculous they still don't do that.

At the end of the day, Cousins should've just shrug it off. He has the talent to be one of the greats but he needs to be able to control his temper. If he can't, all the opposing team needs to do is to send in a scrub and get him mad.

It has nothing to do with being critical, it is about being professional. If you are going to hire people to just talk shit about people, then put some random fans or writers from Deadspin on the mic instead of talentless hacks like Elliott. Otherwise, you should expect some level of professionalism from these announcers. Elliott calling players names and trying to be funny is not entertaining to anyone other than maybe like 2% of Spurs homers. NBA sends out memos about everything else, I see no problem with issuing out a memo to the owners and teams telliing them to tell their announce crews to fucking cool it and just do their jobs instead of trying to be the next SAS or Skip.

And I said he most likely shouldn't have gone to find him

But two games? Players have gotten less for bodily harming other players

Probably a result of his past rather than 1 game. Stern wanted to send a strong message that this isn't okay.

But yeah, I think some of the suspensions for harming other players have been too lenient.

BTW, the Clipper dudes were suspended once for insulting Hadidi, so there is precedence. Fuck Sean Elliott.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Please, a dude who doesn't take the time to shower and other things but rather wait on the court for his show to be over is being real calm? I don't need to be there to use common sense.

Cousins hasn't done anything yet. that Artest has, no doubt. And I hope he never does. But it wouldn't surprise me.

If I got something to say to someone (a person who is most likely not going to wait around for me) then I'm gonna hold off on a shower and go catch up with them. If they act like a clown, which Sean Elliot is known to do, then that discussion can turn into an argument real fast.

I like the fact that he's not a cat about that kind of thing. He went straight to Elliot and tried to have a man to man. That shit just isn't possible with a lot of people though. DMC just doesn't know how to play the game yet. Few young guys do.
And I said he most likely shouldn't have gone to find him

But two games? Players have gotten less for bodily harming other players
The two games thing is what pisses me off.
DMC would be executed by Stern's SS if he attempted to kill Barea like Bynum did

Bynum has tried to kill at least 3 people.

That we know of.

If he played in Memphis, he'd be playing in China.

Why do some feel the need to protect Cousins? He did something really dim witted and it got a lot of coverage for something of that nature. Dude has history already, I don't feel any need to come to his defense.

Plus aren't the Kings still in tank mode? Why is anyone bothered by it.

LoL

oh mamba

so now the fault was cousins didn't go take a shower first?

clutching at straws there buddy.

No, the fault is that he went to him. But the context makes it look worse. The NBA is a business. That stuff shouldn't happen off-court like that.

D12 reminds me of Kwame with that headband on. Do not like. Fucking Blake just loses it.

DY_nasty

Why do some feel the need to protect Cousins? He did something really dim witted and it got a lot of coverage for something of that nature. Dude has history already, I don't feel any need to come to his defense.

The two games thing.

And I'm still not even sure that he did anything other than "keep it real" too loud and in public.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Because it really wasn't worthy of a suspension?

The two games thing.

And I'm still not even sure that he did anything other than "keep it real" too loud and in public.

Two games is a bit much but this isn't the first time DMC has made himself look like the next Rasheed Artest, has there been word from the league? I have a feeling "past offenses" makes an appearance.

Jordan Hill's rebounding has been so big for this team since he came on. Lots of Oreb putbacks. He's been consistent with that.

Morris not looking terrible on O. Yet.

Hopefully the D12 bench unit will do some work. Open shots for Jamison and Meeks please.

giri

No, the fault is that he went to him. But the context makes it look worse. The NBA is a business. That stuff shouldn't happen off-court like that.

D12 reminds me of Kwame with that headband on. Do not like. Fucking Blake just loses it.

Yeah, well, here's the thing. What DMC did was actually not dumb. Yeah he should never have got into a shouting match, but it wasn't necessarily the incorrect course of action. Confronting someone directly, 1v1, and talking it out with them, will 99% of the time in this world solve more problems then create more. It cuts a lot of the middle men out of it and a lot of bull shit.

If DMC had of just slammed him in the presser everyone would have been all "oh DMC look at that, can't handle his shit like a man and just go talk to the guy straight up, has to do it through the media, how immature, a grown up would have gone and talked to him 1v1".

What the kings should have done is planted a reporter, got them to ask the question "what did you make of elliots comments tonight" DMC Replies "what did he say? i don't really pay attention to what hacks have to say," and he auto wins. Its the sort of short simple dismissal of a person that popovich would use.

But you're relying on the kings to be a smart organization in that scenario.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Orland Magic franchise player Glen Davis not meeting expectations?

I'll be honest I haven't been watching much of their shameball this year (I have no idea how DY does it) but holy shit I didn't realize just exactly how awful Big Baby has been this year. He's on pace for one of the most shameful seasons in NBA history. I have no doubts he'll get there.

Howard is playing like shit on offense. Exposing the ball time and again.

They're isoing dwight too much instead of allowing a strong side double. Dumb.

Hill only bench player doing anything.

Yeah, well, here's the thing. What DMC did was actually not dumb. Yeah he should never have got into a shouting match, but it wasn't necessarily the incorrect course of action. Confronting someone directly, 1v1, and talking it out with them, will 99% of the time in this world solve more problems then create more. It cuts a lot of the middle men out of it and a lot of bull shit.

If DMC had of just slammed him in the presser everyone would have been all "oh DMC look at that, can't handle his shit like a man and just go talk to the guy straight up, has to do it through the media, how immature, a grown up would have gone and talked to him 1v1".

What the kings should have done is planted a reporter, got them to ask the question "what did you make of elliots comments tonight" DMC Replies "what did he say? i don't really pay attention to what hacks have to say," and he auto wins. Its the sort of short simple dismissal of a person that popovich would use.

But you're relying on the kings to be a smart organization in that scenario.

There were more options than shouting match or talk shit in a presser. You could go to him and if he continues his clown act, walk away and leave before it looks like two fools shouting at each other.

DY_nasty

I'll be honest I haven't been watching much of their shameball this year (I have no idea how DY does it) but holy shit I didn't realize just exactly how awful Big Baby has been this year. He's on pace for one of the most shameful seasons in NBA history. I have no doubts he'll get there.

watch the rookies
learn more about basketball by understanding the depth of your shitty team's failures
any positive is a beacon
longterm thinking
moral victory checklist

Top Bottom