• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So it's okay for Cousins to stalk him well after the game ended?

Stern did the right thing.

Stalk him?

lol
LOL @ fan melt down...

Did you actually watch the game? Its still on League Pass for anyone to check out. Sean Elliot has a history of being an unprofessional hack - this was just another perfect example of it. Cousins coming back to speak on it obviously led to a heated argument. Why shouldn't it?

etiolate

Banned

Stalk?

Here, let me explain it to a Laker fan's brain, since you guys have giant gaping holes in your awareness.

Sean Elliot was doing the homerific WE thing. Cousins was going at Duncan and had three successful trips against him. On the third, he said "I'm gonna bust his ass". I know this because Elliot said it on the broadcast. He then proceeded to talk shit about Cousins for the rest of the game and how he disrespected Duncan. This including name calling and other homerish stuff from Elliot.

Cousins was also emotional because he was getting trolled by the refs, as he has been the whole year.

In a more successful league, you wouldn't have refs that bait players. You would have had a note sent to Sean Elliot that he's not in the Spurs Locker Room.

But this is the NBA, a flailing sport that tries to cover up anything it can. If this was Kobe, who has the same sort of personality and who would say "I'm gonna bust his ass" every other breath, you would have Elliot and the refs tickling his balls and butter-rubbing the shaft, and this whole thing doesn't happen.

But this is Cousins who is in a market that's due to be thrown out of the league. This is a sports press that's used to taking their cues from the organization they should be criticizing. This is a fanbase that takes their cue from the cowards in the press. This is a world where Kobe is hungry to win and Cousins is a headcase even though they're both the same sort of asshole.

The right thing for Stern to do is shove his wrinkled cock into the acid tumbler that produces Michael Jordan's oldman jeans and then leave the league.

So when you hear "stalk", it could mean anything. When you say "stalk", it means nothing. It's all a bullshit narrative from a bullshit league.

Maybe Stern shoudl do something about the terrible announce teams that his league employs that is now being exposed to the greater public thanks to League Pass. Sean Elliott and guys like him give the league a bad name.

Stalk?

Here, let me explain it to a Laker fan's brain, since you guys have giant gaping holes in your awareness.

Sean Elliot was doing the homerific WE thing. Cousins was going at Duncan and had three successful trips against him. On the third, he said "I'm gonna bust his ass". I know this because Elliot said it on the broadcast. He then proceeded to talk shit about Cousins for the rest of the game and how he disrespected Duncan. This including name calling and other homerish stuff from Elliot.

Cousins was also emotional because he was getting trolled by the refs, as he has been the whole year.

In a more successful league, you wouldn't have refs that bait players. You would have had a note sent to Sean Elliot that he's not in the Spurs Locker Room.

But this is the NBA, a flailing sport that tries to cover up anything it can. If this was Kobe, who has the same sort of personality and who would say "I'm gonna bust his ass" every other breath, you would have Elliot and the refs tickling his balls and butter-rubbing the shaft, and this whole thing doesn't happen.

But this is Cousins who is in a market that's due to be thrown out of the league. This is a sports press that's used to taking their cues from the organization they should be criticizing. This is a fanbase that takes their cue from the cowards in the press. This is a world where Kobe is hungry to win and Cousins is a headcase even though they're both the same sort of asshole.

The right thing for Stern to do is shove his wrinkled cock into the acid tumbler that produces Michael Jordan's oldman jeans and then leave the league.

So when you hear "stalk", it could mean anything. When you say "stalk", it means nothing. It's all a bullshit narrative from a bullshit league.

Yeeeaaa I'm gonna stop right there, cause you sound like a sad fool.

DY_nasty

Stalk?

#preach

#church

DY_nasty

Hahaha. I'm all for giving it to Lakers-age, but Kobe=Cousins????

They do the same shit. One plays for the Lakers.

Its hilarious how some fans just don't want to see it though. Cousins makes people more uncomfortable though and generally has a lower threshold for fucks - and he doesn't have time to be getting bitchslapped by Samaki Walker and Chris Childs

shira

Stalk?

MtZ9N.gif

DY_nasty

I didn't know there was someone worse than Stacey King. Etiolate, Cousins didn't even bust Duncan's ass.
He was getting the best of Duncan at the time. Either way, Elliot going off the handle was bullshit - and Cousins shouldn't have had to be the one to correct him in the first place.

Stalk him?

lol

Did you actually watch the game? Its still on League Pass for anyone to check out. Sean Elliot has a history of being an unprofessional hack - this was just another perfect example of it. Cousins coming back to speak on it obviously led to a heated argument. Why shouldn't it?

According to a report I read Cousins came after him after the post-game report and Elliot walked away off the court and he followed him.

He was getting the best of Duncan at the time. Either way, Elliot going off the handle was bullshit - and Cousins shouldn't have had to be the one to correct him in the first place.

Cousins should say what he wants to the media. He should not be following guys off the court an hour after the game ended as they're trying to get away. This isn't on the street.

Its hilarious how some fans just don't want to see it though. Cousins makes people more uncomfortable though and generally has a lower threshold for fucks - and he doesn't have time to be getting bitchslapped by Samaki Walker and Chris Childs

The difference is that Kobe is a proven player with multiple championships and will go down as one of the all time greats. When you win and play at high level for that long, you can get away with shit like that.

linsivvi

Doesn't matter whatever Sean Elliot said. He's a shitty announcer and he's a homer, but whatever he said it was said to his audience. Cousins only found out after the game and he even waited for Sean to finish his post game show to confront him. This is just incredibly immature. You just don't go after commentators, and they have no effect on the outcomes of the game anyway.

So what if some loud obnoxious fans hackle him? Is he going to go after them Artest style too?

giri

Whilst i agree with everything y'all have said, Cousins also shouldn't have confronted him.

Cousins should have just slammed him in the press conference afterwards.

According to a report I read Cousins came after him after the post-game report and Elliot walked away off the court and he followed him.

Cousins should say what he wants to the media. He should not be following guys off the court an hour after the game ended as they're trying to get away. This isn't on the street.

Contradicts what i've read, they had it out, on the court, right there after elliot had finished his media shit.

DY_nasty

I've watched that same kind of rhetoric/nonsense thrown at every "headcase" in the league. Once you've got that stigma, it doesn't even matter what actually happened. I remember Stephen Jackson getting T'd up after a game as he was walking to his own locker room.

"Came after him" is a joke. Sean Elliot wouldn't be alive if Cousins "came after him".
The difference is that Kobe is a proven player with multiple championships and will go down as one of the all time greats. When you win and play at high level for that long, you can get away with shit like that.

Once upon a time Kobe was just a upstart little punk that was doing the same shit.
Whilst i agree with everything y'all have said, Cousins also shouldn't have confronted him.

Cousins should have just slammed him in the press conference afterwards.

Contradicts what i've read, they had it out, on the court, right there after elliot had finished his media shit.
I agree.

Much like how Iguodala shit all over Miller in his postgame interview where she kept trying to call him "Iggy".

Show me a single time Kobe went after an announcer or anyone 1 hour after the game ended still in his jersey and kept at it as the dude tried to get away.

All I can remember is a player (i forget whom) confronting a ref in the parking lot or something (not lakers).

I've watched that same kind of rhetoric/nonsense thrown at every "headcase" in the league. Once you've got that stigma, it doesn't even matter what actually happened. I remember Stephen Jackson getting T'd up after a game as he was walking to his own locker room.

"Came after him" is a joke. Sean Elliot wouldn't be alive if Cousins "came after him".

I didn't mean came after him with intent to do harm. But it doesn't matter, he has no right to go after him and jawing as he's walking away. Especially not 1 hour after the game. The situation just sets up a potentially bad scenario.

Players need to stay away. That shit is uncalled for.

etiolate

Banned
The thing is I was expecting that Elliot might get into trouble for what he said during the game or get called out on it. I only now found out that Cousins heard about it and confronted him.

Blake cursed out a fan and got fined. Cousins is getting suspended two games for confronting a former player who called him a petulant child on NBATV. Rep, team, prestige, narrative, etc.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Suspensions are part of the game. I have the utmost respect for Tim Duncan. So getting suspended over Tim Duncan is not being disrespectful.

#thingsthatmakenosense

As I posted here during that Kings/Spurs game, Sean Elliot was embarrassing himself by talking trash from the broadcast booth during that game.

I am about ready to bail on the NBA as a whole.

Well DMC has been giving the NBA an excuse to clip him

But yeah Sean is pretty much a punk hiding behind one kidney

DMC does remind me of a panther searching for prey

Hahaha. I'm all for giving it to Lakers-age, but Kobe=Cousins????

As far as skill and accomplishments? No

As far as acting like little bitches? Fairly close

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The thing is I was expecting that Elliot might get into trouble for what he said during the game or get called out on it. I only now found out that Cousins heard about it and confronted him.

Blake cursed out a fan and got fined. Cousins is getting suspended two games for confronting a former player who called him a petulant child on NBATV. Rep, team, prestige, narrative, etc.
That's what Cousins gets for being a Sacramento King.

DY_nasty

Show me a single time Kobe went after an announcer or anyone 1 hour after the game ended still in his jersey and kept at it as the dude tried to get away.

All I can remember is a player (i forget whom) confronting a ref in the parking lot or something (not lakers).

I didn't mean came after him with intent to do harm. But it doesn't matter, he has no right to go after him and jawing as he's walking away.

Kobe's said PLENTY of shit to announcers DURING games lmao. I remember Kobe asking Dell Curry if he was drunk yet back in 2009 during a Charlotte game and I saw him going back and forth with the crew in Atlanta while I worked a game down there. You make it sound as if players have no contact with these crews at all. Its as common as smalltalk between people who work on different floors but share an elevator.

And who cares if the guy still has his jersey on. What's the difference? Is he X more volatile if he didn't change? cmon.

And if you have a problem with someone, go to confront them about it, and they walk away - you're not wrong to keep talking as they walk away acting like you're the crazy one. You're only wrong if you hit them over the head with a beer.

Doesn't matter whatever Sean Elliot said. He's a shitty announcer and he's a homer, but whatever he said it was said to his audience. Cousins only found out after the game and he even waited for Sean to finish his post game show to confront him. This is just incredibly immature. You just don't go after commentators, and they have no effect on the outcomes of the game anyway.

So what if some loud obnoxious fans hackle him? Is he going to go after them Artest style too?

Those drunk, stupid fans that talk shit are not employed by the league. That's the difference. I'm not excusing what Cousins did. It was immature and ultimately a no-win for him. What was he going to do? Beat Elliott's ass? But at the same time I think there should be some sort of accountability for these announcers when they say hyperbolic and offensive shit about players. Especially now with how widespread the league is with League Pass, it's not just Spurs fans that are listening to him anymore.

Emwitus

Cousins cursed out an announcer....actually followed him after the game to run his mouth. There are proper channels for that if he wanted to protest so he got suspended for acting like a high school brat.

Blackace

I didn't mean came after him with intent to do harm. But it doesn't matter, he has no right to go after him and jawing as he's walking away. Especially not 1 hour after the game. The situation just sets up a potentially bad scenario.

Players need to stay away. That shit is uncalled for.

Has no right? GTFO

He most likely should have stayed away but he has the right to talk to someone in industry about their negative actions

DY_nasty

Those drunk, stupid fans that talk shit are not employed by the league. That's the difference. I'm not excusing what Cousins did. It was immature and ultimately a no-win for him. What was he going to do? Beat Elliott's ass? But at the same time I think there should be some sort of accountability for these announcers when they say hyperbolic and offensive shit about players. Especially now with how widespread the league is with League Pass, it's not just Spurs fans that are listening to him anymore.

Yeah. For example, announcers are told to keep from airing out personal business. However, numerous times Jordan Hill's dirty laundry got aired and Lance Stephenson were put on blast - and commentators were checked for it accordingly. For whatever reason, Elliot has been riding free for a lot longer than he should.
Cousins cursed out an announcer....actually followed him after the game to run his mouth. There are proper channels for that if he wanted to protest so he got suspended for acting like a high school brat.

Followed him where lol?

You make it sound like he followed him to a shady parking deck and yelled "GOONIES"

Kobe's said PLENTY of shit to announcers DURING games lmao. I remember Kobe asking Dell Curry if he was drunk yet back in 2009 during a Charlotte game and I saw him going back and forth with the crew in Atlanta while I worked a game down there. You make it sound as if players have no contact with these crews at all. Its as common as smalltalk between people who work on different floors but share an elevator.

And who cares if the guy still has his jersey on. What's the difference? Is he X more volatile if he didn't change? cmon.

And if you have a problem with someone, go to confront them about it, and they walk away - you're not wrong to keep talking as they walk away acting like you're the crazy one. You're only wrong if you hit them over the head with a beer.

You're acting a fool. Talking to an announcer as your run down the court in trash-talking mode versus trying to talk to someone 1 on 1 an hour after game?

The jersey being on shows he didn't just take his shower, calm down, and come to approach him. He was fuming and just waiting.

This is a potentially terrible situation. Please, Dy, you know how this shit works. All it takes is the wrong thing to be said and all of a sudden things get escalated. This is in private, basically, not in front of 20k people and the TV. That is not remotely comparable.

It's funny you mention Artest because that's exactly who'd I'd compare him to. A ticking time bomb. Which is what Ron is as we've seen time and again. All it takes for these cats is 1 little thing and they fucking snap. It's smart to let Cousins know what he did is wrong and to not try it again.

Has no right? GTFO

He most likely should have stayed away but he has the right to talk to someone in industry about their negative actions

I said before he can air it out to the media. Or he can all him up if he wants. Coming after him the way he did is unprofessional and the league has the right to send him a message.

Stalk?

*stands and claps

I fucking love DMC btw. I love that he refuses to accept the bullshit double standards of the league. He just needs to learn how to fuel that anger into domination on the court.

DY_nasty

You're acting a fool. Talking to an announcer as your run down the court in trash-talking mode versus trying to talk to someone 1 on 1 an hour after game?

The jersey being on shows he didn't just take his shower, calm down, and come to approach him. He was fuming and just waiting.

This is a potentially terrible situation. Please, Dy, you know how this shit works. All it takes is the wrong thing to be said and all of a sudden things get escalated. This is in private, basically, not in front of 20k people and the TV. That is not remotely comparable.

It's funny you mention Artest because that's exactly who'd I'd compare him to. A ticking time bomb. Which is what Ron is as we've seen time and again. All it takes for these cats is 1 little thing and they fucking snap. It's smart to let Cousins know what he did is wrong and to not try it again.

Wait.

You were there?

oh wow

and now he's Artest?

When's the last Cousins got into 3 on court fights in one season?

Blackace

Yeah. For example, announcers are told to keep from airing out personal business. However, numerous times Jordan Hill's dirty laundry got aired and Lance Stephenson were put on blast - and commentators were checked for it accordingly. For whatever reason, Elliot has been riding free for a lot longer than he should.

Followed him where lol?

You make it sound like he followed him to a shady parking deck and yelled "GOONIES"

lol

If a player called Sean Elliot a failing kidney high yellow cry baby they would get fined

Wait.

You were there?

oh wow

and now he's Artest?

When's the last Cousins got into 3 on court fights in one season?

Please, a dude who doesn't take the time to shower and other things but rather wait on the court for his show to be over is being real calm? I don't need to be there to use common sense.

Cousins hasn't done anything yet. that Artest has, no doubt. And I hope he never does. But it wouldn't surprise me.

Blackace

I said before he can air it out to the media. Or he can all him up if he wants. Coming after him the way he did is unprofessional and the league has the right to send him a message.
And I said he most likely shouldn't have gone to find him

But two games? Players have gotten less for bodily harming other players

linsivvi

True, but the last thing I want to see the league has even more power and control the team announcers. The next thing you know they'll start fining or firing commentators for criticizing refs. In a perfect world every team would try to improve their crew.

As for the League Pass, they should simply provide multiple feeds. It's ridiculous they still don't do that.

At the end of the day, Cousins should've just shrug it off. He has the talent to be one of the greats but he needs to be able to control his temper. If he can't, all the opposing team needs to do is to send in a scrub and get him mad.

Please, a dude who doesn't take the time to shower and other things but rather wait on the court for his show to be over is being real calm? I don't need to be there to use common sense.

Cousins hasn't done anything yet. that Artest has, no doubt. And I hope he never does. But it wouldn't surprise me.

Cousins is stupid and hot tempered, he's not insane though.

DY_nasty

lol Which is exactly my point. Sadly that's not beyond DMC after what happened.

You know what, show me a link that says what happened.

All of the ones I saw said that he went to speak with Elliot right after the game then it got into a loud back and forth with Elliot walking away. I want to see this painted picture. Because maybe I'm wrong. But as it is, this story driven league looks like its all over it. Ray Allen hates Boston. KD is a virgin. Derrick Rose has never met anyone in a gang. DMC is Mike Tyson.

Top Bottom