• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Canuck76

Banned
Lakers announce their renewed rental of Phil Jackson yet?

Lord help this team when Kobe and Nash retire.

Future: Pau/Dwight and goons.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...Dwight might bounce after this season if shit doesn't improve.

Yeah, I said that shit, Mamba.

Dwight might be a 1 and done.

Right! Basically they only have this year.

And Dwight won't extend anytime soon

Flash

lol Dwight isn't going anywhere. Lakers got some cap space coming up soon as Kobe's contract is up and I'm sure Dwight sees how Lakers do things... they remain relevant year after year for a reason.

Plus, can't the Lakers offer him the most?

Darkman M

lol Dwight isn't going anywhere. Lakers got some cap space coming up soon as Kobe's contract is up and I'm sure Dwight sees how Lakers do things... they remain relevant year after year for a reason.

Nets are ass bet you he's glad it worked out how it did.

Canuck76

Banned

He won't have a fall back though. I don't think he wants another Orlando where he's the number 1 guy.

I don't know. None of us know how nice socal is to him, or how much he wants to live their year round. If he ain't going to extend now though then when?

He's keeping his options open for a reason

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
PJ update! Hopefully announcement comes tomorrow
0428_f0rfb.gif

Flash

He won't have a fall back though. I don't think he wants another Orlando where he's the number 1 guy.

I don't know. None of us know how nice socal is to him, or how much he wants to live their year round. If he ain't going to extend now though then when?

Why would he not want to be a number 1? He's easily a number 1 tier... but in this league you need a 1a and 1b which the Lakers will get soon as they get cap room.

The problem with Orlando wasn't that he was number 1... it was that he was literally the only one. That team was just terribly built. Dwight isn't like Bosh where he knows he's not talented enough to lead a team... if anything I'd say he wants to be number one but only went to the Lakers because its a helluva lot better than staying in Orlando. Wasn't his initial reluctance on agreeing to go with the Lakers that he didn't want to take a back seat with Kobe being the main guy?

why would he extend when he can become a free agent and get more money in his new contract?

He's never going to extend, he'll just re-sign with LA

Canuck76

Banned
Why would he not want to be a number 1? He's easily a number 1 tier... but in this league you need a 1a and 1b which the Lakers will get soon as they get cap room.

The problem with Orlando wasn't that he was number 1... it was that he was literally the only one. That team was just terribly built. Dwight isn't like Bosh where he knows he's not talented enough to lead a team... if anything I'd say he wants to be number one but only went to the Lakers because its a helluva lot better than staying in Orlando. Wasn't his initial reluctance on agreeing to go with the Lakers that he didn't want to take a back seat with Kobe being the main guy?

True. I think that he was more afraid of being reamed out though and having to be held responsible by somebody. Is James Harden, J-lin and the rockets fanbase going to do that if they lose? Probably not.

This whole thing last year, trying to please everbody, wanting to go where a superstar already was, trying to get out of going to the lakers. It just screams he doesn't the amount of pressure the lakers will put on him.

We'll see. Didn't know he could get more money than a FA.

Yea he can get more years and more money overall if he re-signs

if i was the coach and they lost to gsw and sac that would still be bad

Brown would have found a way to lose one of those two, like his lineups messed up the teams chances against Utah which I thought was a winnable game up until he put metta at the 2 with the bench in the third.

shira

Yea he can get more years and more money overall if he re-signs

Brown would have found a way to lose one of those two, like his lineups messed up the teams chances against Utah which I thought was a winnable game up until he put metta at the 2 with the bench in the third.

Well depends what he wants. I think he's seeing exactly how shitty the bench ends up being with 3-4 stars. I hope he takes less to win a title

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
lol Dwight ain't goin' nowhere, people. You can stop that noise nao.

More money. Winning organization. More opportunities for TV time and endorsements. Great FO.

You don't just walk away from that.. especially after being in a situation like Orlando.

He stayin'. Accept it.

Cloudy

Banned
@Mike_Bresnahan: Source: Mike D'Antoni will be the next coach of the Lakers. Not Phil Jackson

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan
Mike D'Antoni signed a four-year deal with the Lakers. Phil Jackson was "asking for the moon," accoring to source familiar w/ the situation.

Yes! With Nash on this team, he's a better fit

Flash

Yes! With Nash on this team, he's a better fit

Wow crazy. I don't think this ends in a championship this year. Dantoni just doesn't have Phil's presence to get this season in order. Also, 4 years is stupid...

At least they should be fun to watch.

D'Antoni for an old unathletic team with plenty of size & post players, but not enough shooting? A team built strictly for half court play? Well done LA.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Well I can kinda agree with that since Mitch has proven that you should leave personnel decisions up to him. Well at least the good news is we will probably in for showtime part 2 and I hope Pringles gets a defensive coordinator.

Also
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan
Mike D'Antoni's Lakers contract is actually three guaranteed years at $12 million. Fourth year is a team option.

Pkaz01

Wow this is some shit isnt it? bitch ass lakers play the suns on friday and they are coached by d'antoni and nash is their PG? who would have predicted this shit

traitor fucks

In all honesty I do want them to win and prove that d'antoni offense could have won a championship I just wish phx had done it first. Still stings though.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Pringles?

Fucking Pringles?

Fuck right off. Its one thing to not hire Phil. Its another to hire that fuck. I don't even wanna watch anymore.

Phil was asking for full management control, huge salary, and to not go to most road games or shootarounds.

Which is pretty ridiculous.

Jerry Buss said no. not just jim or mitch. Jerry put his foot down.

D'Antoni is going to give Nash the reigns of the offense. I don't see why this would be a bad thing. The key is getting someone in there to create a defensive system. FWIW, Knicks were top 10 in D last year with Mike D. It's about Howard.

Nash vs Nash
Raja vs Metta
Marion vs Kobe
Diaw vs Pau
Amar'e vs Dwight

In some ways similar, but I'd rather have the Lakers version. No barbosa off the bench, unfortunately. Jamison and Meeks will have to step it up.

Phil was asking for full management control, huge salary, and to not go to most road games or shootarounds.

Which is pretty ridiculous.

Jerry Buss said no. not just jim or mitch. Jerry put his foot down.

D'Antoni is going to give Nash the reigns of the office. I don't see why this would be a bad thing. The key is getting someone in there to create a defensive system. FWIW, Knicks were top 10 in D last year with Mike D. It's about Howard.

Nash vs Nash
Raja vs Metta
Marion vs Kobe
Diaw vs Pau
Amar'e vs Dwight

In some ways similar, but I'd rather have the Lakers version. No barbosa off the bench, unfortunately. Jamison and Meeks will have to step it up.

Diaw and Amare didn't play together, D'Antoni's offense is all about spreading the floor with a small lineup, which Pau (and Metta) ruins. D'Antoni completely failed to adapt his offense to his personnel in NY, why is that going to change now? The Lakers are not built for his style of basketball.

Top Bottom