• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

linsivvi

Jerry was never going to give Phil management control. Jerry kicked Phil out the first time for wanting that.

Phil wasn't an option if he was really asking to stay home on road trips. I'd rather have Mike D than Brown going forward. Let's just hope it works out.

Like I said, if they didn't hire Mike Clown and hired a credible coach instead, the Lakers wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.

In essence, it's still Jim's fault.

In fact, if Buss didn't overrule Jim, we'd still have the clown coaching.

That being said, 'Antoni is still an upgrade over the clown.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'd pay anything to have 5 minutes with an assortment of Lakers brass to let them know how I feel right now.

Like I said, if they didn't hire Mike Clown and hired a credible coach instead, the Lakers wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.

In fact, if Buss didn't overruled Jim, we'd still have the clown coaching.

Fair enough and I wanted Shaw or Adelman at the time too. It is what it is.

All I know is they needed a change and it couldn't be Dumbleavy. I'd have loved Phil to be back but it seems like he really didn't want it with those demands.

Live with the team, die with the team. Ain't stopping now.

Clippers should fire Del Negro and give Phil anything to coach them. Would be awesome.

Sterling paying $10+ mil for a coach? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nelo Ice

Banned

In fact, if Buss didn't overrule Jim, we'd still have the clown coaching.

Well in that case fuck Jim Buss again. Guess I can't blame him for Pringles but good god we missed out on real coaches.

linsivvi

Fair enough and I wanted Shaw or Adelman at the time too. It is what it is.

All I know is they needed a change and it couldn't be Dumbleavy. I'd have loved Phil to be back but it seems like he really didn't want it with those demands.

Live with the team, die with the team. Ain't stopping now.

I don't blame Jim for hiring 'Antoni, pretty sure this time it's really a decision by committee. There's really not many choices after the season started and you're in a rush to hire a replacement. It just sucks that he's the only one who's active, is a big name, and available.

It's pretty obvious Phil doesn't want to coach unless he can do it on his term. Can't blame Phil either. He doesn't have anything left to prove.

pilonv1

Gimme a Bobcat avatar you whore. NOWWWWWWW.

byron-mullens-23-nba.jpg

tyrus-thomas-0510-200-1278713908.jpg

I don't blame Jim for hiring 'Antoni, pretty sure this time it's really a decision by committee. There's really not many choices after the season started and you're in a rush to hire a replacement. It just sucks that he's the only one who's active, is a big name, and available.

It's pretty obvious Phil doesn't want to coach unless he can do it on his term. Can't blame Phil either. He doesn't have anything left to prove.

yeah, pretty much.

Everyone here was asking for Brown to be fired. And until 2 days ago no one even imagined Phil as a replacement (since he was retired). Who did everyone want to replace Brown with, realistically? Especially with the Van Gundy's out thanks to Dwight.

yeah, pretty much.

Everyone here was asking for Brown to be fired. And until 2 days ago no one even imagined Phil as a replacement (since he was retired). Who did everyone want to replace Brown with, realistically? Especially with the Van Gundy's out thanks to Dwight.

1. Jackson
2. Sloan
3. Pringles
4. Coach Nick
5. Dunleavy

Was my order.

So they hire a Coach who got fired because he couldn't get a superstar laden team to gel and got off to a poor start to replace the coach they just fired that couldn't get a superstar laden team to gel and got off to a poor start? This has Jim Buss written all over it.

Also what happened to their second meeting with Phil? Wasn't it supposed to take place tomorrow, still praying this is a rumor to get Phil to demand a little less.

1. Jackson
2. Sloan
3. Pringles
4. Coach Nick
5. Dunleavy

Was my order.

I never thought Sloan was a good fit for Nash. That said, I'm also certain he's retired for good. No way he'd want to work with Metta and Dwight.

Also what happened to their second meeting with Phil? Wasn't it supposed to take place tomorrow, still praying this is a rumor to get Phil to demand a little less.

The Lakers released a presser. It's done.

OMG....Lakers hire Pringles after all this hyoe about Phil? LMAO you can't write this shit....

Other franchises should take note. Mediocrity is not accepted in LA. Now they should introduce an offense based on the 1-5 pick n roll combined with an inside outside system around Howard with Kobe iso when it breaks down/

I think the Princenton was a terrible idea in the first place. The only suitable personnel for that offense was Gasol.

Brown's expertise is really null for this personnel and you can see why they bought in Keuster, whose role btw became a question mark when they bought in Eddie Jordan this off season. Brown was way over his head, couldn't even put together a consistent staff.

They should look into bringing in Van Gundy or Sloan. Don't even look at D'Antoni.
About that.....

I hope you're joking.

He has zero experience in professional basketball of any kind. There's a gigantic difference between a guy who talk basketball on YouTube and actually coaching a professional basketball team.
I'd give him a shot as an assistant/video guy. I mean, the most a lot of coaches have as far as experience is playing which isn't nearly the same thing either.

Top Bottom