• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Oh well.. what are ya gonna do? At least we battled all game long. I'll take the moral victory. Let the Pringles/Nash era begin.

Howard was making some of the dumbest fucking fouls I've ever seen though... ugh.

Turnovers are our greatest enemy right now. If we could just get that shit around 13-15 average.....

Whatever people. Pau played well up until that point. There one two game with kobe was on tonight. This was all on metta passing to a 7 footer in the corner and the coach not putting in shooters.

Pau got out played by Splitter. For me, the best thing about that game was the distinct lack of Matt Bonner. When our offense was playing like ass, I was worried Pop was gonna bring him in.

HenryHSH

yeah, I don't think Artest needed to take 15 shots. Dwight had like 12 if you include the attempts that led to FTs... The team has so much potential... I hope D'Antoni isn't horrible... :\

Doomsayer

Yeah, Pau played like shit tonight.

He shot 3-10 tonight. 30%...at 7 feet.

He needs to go back to operating in the post. Dwight needs to get his juice back so he can stop turning the goddamn ball over.

I don't know if the amount of close games the Spurs have won so far is being clutch, or saving energy to the end, or pure luck but I'm not sure it will continue.

Probably won't need to win a ton of close games once Manu and Parker starting playing like they usually do though...

You've been claiming that Pau is gonna get traded for 4 years now.

And technically he was traded, but, basketball reasons.

You're hilarious.

"Kobe's not a good defender anymore"

*Trax style response by Mamba*

Still not what happened. But keep on lying.

Man, green was 3/11 before that shot. Ron 4/13. Them's the breaks. Need a pg back. Sorry but Blake is much better than the scrubs we saw to tonight.

Cloudy

Banned
He needs to go back to operating in the post.

He can't..not with Dwight down there. I don't understand how NBA coaches can't see how dumb playing them together is. Especially as bad as our bench is..

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I don't know if the amount of close games the Spurs have won so far is being clutch, or saving energy to the end, or pure luck but I'm not sure it will continue.

Probably won't need to win a ton of close games once Manu and Parker starting playing like they usually do though...

Wouldn't stats guys argue that it's pure luck?

Pkaz01

Yeah, Pau played like shit tonight.

He shot 3-10 tonight. 30%...at 7 feet.

He needs to go back to operating in the post. Dwight needs to get his juice back so he can stop turning the goddamn ball over.

D'antoni is your coach now theres not going to be any operating in the post

Vahagn

Pau think he's Kobe with those mid range jumpers. He's much better in the low post than Dwight but we use him to shoot 17 foot jumpers too often.

Where's Mike D at? I'm ready to drink the Kool-aid!

tumblr_m9c9c3vfyN1ry9g15o1_500.gif

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
oh wow. I didn't even know Artest has taken more shots than Howard in 4 games so far this season... yeah that should not be happening under ANY circumstance.......

Howard needs to stop with these bullshit fouls though. He was straight man-handling Tiago. the fuck

Nash can't get here soon enough.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Isn't part of being "good" at something also being consistently "good" at it? Y/N

Follow-up:

For example, Player A in Game 1 shoots 8/10, Game 2 3/11, and Game 3 1/5.

Shooting percentage? 46FG%. Is Player A a good shooter based on his overall fieldgoal percentage?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

Spurs are clearly sandbagging. They've been doing it the last 2 seasons.

Omega

Banned
why is Dwight only getting 9 FGA in 41 minutes?

as much as I hate the dude and think he's overrated that's ridiculous. Guess Kobe wasn't lying when he said this team is still his

They are comical at this point. In what world does he think he is going to get away with that shit?

He's a Laker, they always have.

He thought he would get the same privilege.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
D' Antoni will put Artest in his doghouse if he isn't chucking. Wonder if Kobe is gonna chew his ass out for this game.

Fixed that for you.

Really though MWP will get heavy minutes in D'antoni's system for the same reason Wilson Chandler got heavy minutes in D'antoni's system. Chucking and he can be a tweener defensively so he will work in D'antonis switching Defense.

Vandiger

why is Dwight only getting 9 FGA in 41 minutes?

as much as I hate the dude and think he's overrated that's ridiculous. Guess Kobe wasn't lying when he said this team is still his

Kobe is the only player that can actually make plays. Without Nash, Howard is fucked over between shit guards and blackhole Artest.

Omega

Banned
Kobe was the one feeding him the ball. This isn't Kobe's fault.

im not blaming Kobe.

it's on everyone. Dwight, the coaches, Artest, whoever your PG is, etc.

Dwight needs to man the fuck up and put that HGH to use instead of just fouling dudes. Artest needs to stop shooting. He shouldn't even have 14 FGA in an entire season let alone a single game.

Follow-up:

For example, Player A in Game 1 shoots 8/10, Game 2 3/11, and Game 3 1/5.

Shooting percentage? 46FG%. Is Player A a good shooter based on his overall fieldgoal percentage?
I would never answer whether someone is good at anything based on three games. Nor without looking at where the shots are.

Would you call Dwight or deandre food shooters

Dwight only had 9 shots because he had 6 turnovers.

Canuck76

Banned
Wow. The Wiz were essentially blown out by the Bobcats?

That's when you know you're hot ass.

PRESERVIN' DAT TANK

Is John Wall even good? I know he's got jets and what not but isn't he complete trash shooting?

Sorry i don't watch many Wizards games but they seem to have assembled the whole team around him. Is it worth it to do that still? Or would a trade for more picks be a brutal but more efficient help to this team?

SamuraiX-

Is John Wall even good? I know he's got jets and what not but isn't he complete trash shooting?

Sorry i don't watch many Wizards games but they seem to have assembled the whole team around him. Is it worth it to do that still? Or would a trade for more picks be a brutal but more efficient help to this team?

kmJMh.png

Top Bottom