• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jeff-DSA

Part of the reason that there weren't a lot of ads leading up to release was because of the election. Politicians bought up the bulk of available ad time, and anything that was left was super expensive. Probably not worth spending a lot on a system that is already "sold out" on day one.

I heard the election ad cost thing before, but still...you figure you gotta be out there pushing the machine and extolling its virtues more.

And whatever ads are out there now, they're not really all that good either.
Doesn't matter to me, though - gonna have the deluxe w/NSMBU and Ninja Gaiden 3 on day 1 anyway. Then I can transfer all my Wii stuff over.

...and then finally homebrew up my Wii permanently.

We in here, son.
I *do* wish it had better ads, though...I hate the narratives surrounding the system.

Yeah I can't remember how I reacted to Wii would like to play, but it's infinitely better than the ad I saw with the annoying music. I don't get cable, though, so I can't comment on the amount of ads.

Edit: And Maribrofist to my Nintenbros.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I wonder if he managed to bring the couch along with him while he waits in line.

Canuck76

Banned
We in here, son.
I *do* wish it had better ads, though...I hate the narratives surrounding the system.

I could maybe psych myself up to get it but i still don't have a Wii and i made the worst decision years ago by selling off my GC collection of like 25ish games. I'd like to build that collection back up here.

So i'll maybe get a used Wii here or something for 20 buck and play some old school rogue squadron on that mother.

I still find it hilarious that anything good happening is attributed to Jerry or Mitch, but when something goes wrong everyone says 'fuck you Jim'.

Also TeamNintendo.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Houston Rockets are fining Royce White for every day he remains away from the team or does not attend sessions with a therapist arranged by the team, according to a source.

White began expressing displeasure about his lack of playing time a week ago.

White met with Rockets general manager Daryl Morey on Wednesday and then again with Morey assistant coach J.B. Bickerstaff and assistant strength and conditioning coach Dave Macha on Thursday.

White suffers from an anxiety disorder.

White did not attend practices on Sunday or Tuesday and skipped Monday’s game against the Heat. Morey had planned to discuss sending White to the D-League.

Rockets owner Leslie Alexander on Tuesday said that there were “internal repercussions” for White missing practices and games.

The Rockets have no plans to trade or release White.
Royce has done himself no favors in this process.

giri

Yeah... complaining about minutes then skipping practice and therapy? not to be an asshole, but its getting closer and closer to him sounding like he's using it as an excuse.

Which i really hope isn't true.

Shit Royce, they tossed Motiejunas to the D-League, you think they'll think twice about tossing your ass?

I feel for him though, AD is tough. I'm guessing he wants to be off meds, and flying forces him to relapse. Best of luck to him though. Sometimes you just have to take pills for a little while to deal with that shit, and then slowly taper off.

I thought Phil already got a piece of lakerland?

1338526_o.gif

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
mourning is a strong word.
i still blame jim buss.
phil wanted a piece of lakerland.
buss family lol'd at that notion that friday and went with d'antoni the next day.

In all fairness phil could of just put the damn Ring on Jeanie's finger by now and Jerry would of likely given him a piece of the Kingdom....

Smokey

Statement from Royce White

Full statement from Royce White:

In hindsight, perhaps it was not a good idea to be open and honest about my anxiety disorder, due to the current situations at hand that involve the nature of actions from the Houston Rockets. As a rookie, I want to settle into a team and make progress; but since preseason the Rockets have been inconsistent with their agreement to proactively create a healthy and successful relationship. At this point the Rockets are aware of my position and the reason for my absence. Any other response is inaccurate. This is important to me. It is a health issue. I must advocate for my rights. It is a player-commodity league. The failure to meet my requests for support will end with me being unhealthy and that is not a consequence that I am willing to accept to play any sport.

Posted this last night. I understand he has an issue but he shouldn't be playing ball then and he's going about it completely the wrong way. Rockets have bent over backwards to try and accomodate him.

and complaining about playing time ahhhhh no

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
If he doesn't make a defensive team, I'm writing the angriest email ever.

Don't worry, someone will look at New York's team defensive stats and vote Carmelo All-Defensive Second Team because he plays the most minutes at SF for them.

Top Bottom