• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
West is more brutal than usual this year. 5 legitimate finals contenders I think? I like what I'm seeing. Any other teams should honestly feel proud for just making the playoffs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Honestly, this is the best move for your team dy. How many years can you realistically tank without negatively affecting the players desire to win? They've been tanking so long it's about time you get to a winning culture in there and now move to trading for good players.

We've been tanking for two years. That's really it. The only guy who's been around long enough to be effected by it is Henderson - and he might not even be around next year. Kemba getting his ass kicked was probably the best thing to ever happen to him. And who the fuck are we trading and who are we trading for? You need to give to get (unless you're LA, then fuck logic). I'm glad Cho turned down Harden because that would've been another McGrady situation all over again. Stay the course. Tank. Get talent. And if it isn't talented, at least its hyped enough to trade for another 1st round pick like Flynn/Wes or something.
Washington is going to win more games than us before the season is over, and if we're still in the top 5 for the lottery we'll be sitting fine. Outside of Shabazz the draft is going to be even more of a crapshoot than it usually is. I don't see much difference between Zeller, Noel, McAdoo, Gobert, Len, Goodwin, Nash, etc.

I like Purvis, Austin, and Mitchell though; and if the rankings stay near where they are now they will all likely be available in the mid to late lottery.

Washington is hilariously bad - and they'll get worse before they get better. Nene isn't a season saver. Wall isn't a leader. They were clawing to get into the playoffs before the season started, starting horribly and catching injuries just all of this worse. Because the East in general isn't as 'competitive' now, there are more wins to go around... and unless you're trying to dodge them, they'll land in your lap if you fight hard enough for them. Philly, Indiana, Boston, Atlanta are all teams that were supposed to be the guys setting the pace for the East and because they all look like shit, other teams are getting in when they shouldn't.

You tank hard or don't tank at all. Just look at all of Toronto's misfit children. Fuck that noise. We'll even have the cap space to absorb another shitty contract for a good pick or prospect soon. Because the situation is so flexible, we don't need to go all in on any free agency class. And this upcoming draft class is nowhere close to 2011 bad - that's the only "fuck the tank" draft class in years.

Emwitus

We've been tanking for two years. That's really it. The only guy who's been around long enough to be effected by it is Henderson - and he might not even be around next year. Kemba getting his ass kicked was probably the best thing to ever happen to him. And who the fuck are we trading and who are we trading for? You need to give to get (unless you're LA, then fuck logic). I'm glad Cho turned down Harden because that would've been another McGrady situation all over again. Stay the course. Tank. Get talent. And if it isn't talented, at least its hyped enough to trade for another 1st round pick like Flynn/Wes or something.

Ok, never knew it's been 2 years felt longer. Good point tho, since cha isn't much of a draw as LA. But i was thinking maybe strive to getting some wins. Inflate the value of some of your players and trade for picks. You've got such a young roster and i'm sure other gm's might bite.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ok, never knew it's been 2 years felt longer. Good point tho, since cha isn't much of a draw as LA. But i was thinking maybe strive to getting some wins. Inflate the value of some of your players and trade for picks. You've got such a young roster and i'm sure other gm's might bite.

Players like who? We'd only be biting ourselves.

Gordon literally can't lower his value because of his unchanging play style and fat booty contract.
Tyrus is the 2nd worst contract in the league at the moment.
Henderson would have to be re-signed to a new contract at the end of the season.
Mullens is a bad contract waiting to happen.
Kemba, Biyombo, MKG aren't for sale. Ever.

Who does that leave? Nobody worth even talking about. Any trade that could bring us something big and good is going to simultaneously break us by taking a good young player or a key draft pick.

giri

Players like who? We'd only be biting ourselves.

Gordon literally can't lower his value because of his unchanging play style and fat booty contract.
Tyrus is the 2nd worst contract in the league at the moment.
Henderson would have to be re-signed to a new contract at the end of the season.
Mullens is a bad contract waiting to happen.
Kemba, Biyombo, MKG aren't for sale. Ever.

Who does that leave? Nobody worth even talking about. Any trade that could bring us something big and good is going to simultaneously break us by taking a good young player or a key draft pick.

MKG looks like he might put it together over time. Shows flashes of good, while still trying on D.

More than most rookies.

Washington is hilariously bad - and they'll get worse before they get better. Nene isn't a season saver. Wall isn't a leader. They were clawing to get into the playoffs before the season started, starting horribly and catching injuries just all of this worse. Because the East in general isn't as 'competitive' now, there are more wins to go around... and unless you're trying to dodge them, they'll land in your lap if you fight hard enough for them. Philly, Indiana, Boston, Atlanta are all teams that were supposed to be the guys setting the pace for the East and because they all look like shit, other teams are getting in when they shouldn't.

You tank hard or don't tank at all. Just look at all of Toronto's misfit children. Fuck that noise. We'll even have the cap space to absorb another shitty contract for a good pick or prospect soon. Because the situation is so flexible, we don't need to go all in on any free agency class. And this upcoming draft class is nowhere close to 2011 bad - that's the only "fuck the tank" draft class in years.

This is pretty much happening because of injuries. Boston and Indiana will get it together, and I think the Sixers/Bulls/Hawks are going to squeak into the playoffs regardless. We just disagree about the Wizards. In games where both Wall and Nene played last year they looked good. Seriously, take a look at the other teams and how we stack up. There are only a few teams you can legitimately make an argument that have less talent than we do in the East - the Bucks, Magic, Cavs, and maybe Toronto. In the West you have the Kings and the Suns, although talent isn't the problem with the Kings. That puts us at 7 in lottery odds. And I don't even think we're going to be that good. I think we'll finish up at around the 5th worst, which is good enough when you consider the terrible luck the worst teams have in the lottery.

Also, Detroit is not nearly as bad as they are playing. They'll finish up with a better record than the Cats, I'd bet on it.

Top Bottom