• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Darkman M

lol don't act like a bitch. Its the truth. He's played against Dwight a few times in his career and tore him up. He just did to Dwight what any other big centers that have post games have done to him throughout his entire career; he went in. Just like Pau went in on him a few years ago.

Curry is trash bro, time to move on. Gasol was extra sweet tonight thats all.

Steve Nash's talents are going to be wasted on this team. Too many chefs in the kitchen. Dwight Howard is a one dimensional player with nagging back issues. Kobe still thinks this is his team even though he's over the hill.

The best thing Dallas did in the off season was get rid of Jason Kidd. Do you remember all of those wide open shots and lay ups Kidd passed up in the play offs? Yeah, Collison is not going to do that.

Steve Nash's talents are going to be wasted on this team. Too many chefs in the kitchen. Dwight Howard is a one dimensional player with nagging back issues. Kobe still thinks this is his team even though he's over the hill.

The best thing Dallas did in the off season was get rid of Jason Kidd. Do you remember all of those wide open shots and lay ups Kidd passed up in the play offs? Yeah, Collison is not going to do that.

Jason Kidd is also a terrible shooter in his old age, so there's a reason why he passed up so many shots. He has never been a great shooter, but he really gave up on his shot when he got to Dallas.

Darkman M

Well it is and he played pretty great and within the offense.....

lol don't act like a bitch. Its the truth. He's played against Dwight a few times in his career and tore him up. He just did to Dwight what any other big centers that have post games have done to him throughout his entire career; he went in. Just like Pau went in on him a few years ago.

LOL name calling in response to me calling out Curry for being bad at basketball? Eddy isn't on the KNicks anymore, no need to over value him.

Pkaz01

good job mike brown you managed to make a worse fitting offense for steve nash than terry porter did. Didn't think it was possible.

No need to be salty about it. I was just kidding.

Still, I expected the Lakers to rout the Mavs, and for the Mavs to come out and play the way they did, all of a sudden they looked like a team that had been together for quite a few years and not a few weeks. I have no doubt that the Lakers will be 1st or 2nd seed on the West, but if the Lakers play like today (they looked old and tired by the beginning of the 4th quarter) on the playoffs, they will be get beaten all around the court by the Thunder. And of course, Im basing this on tonight's performance only.

Dallas coach is light years better than Mike Brown.

Hell, I wish the Lakers had the Hornets coach.

More recent than dean smith who they mentioned.

Dean Smith's system probably would still work because it utilized athletes.

The Princeton offense worked because it was different and in college there weren't as many athletic freaks and the way college ball is played. The NBA doesn't have any of that.

Everyone in the nba is athletic even Curry's fat ass..he's at least huge as fuck. So that means the cuts and shit have to be precise and crisp all the time...that takes too long.

Once again it's like trying to run the option offense in the NFL. Not gonna work...different levels. It "worked" for the Kings because they had the right pieces in Bibby, Webber and Divac and myriad of shooters.

YOU GUYS HAVE STEVE NASH.

I don't know why you are defending this shit.

It;s early yes but it looks dumb right now lol.

They haven't look good this whole pre-season.

Yea, I pointed this out. But no " 08 Boston", "Teams do it all the time" etc.

Get ready because I will give you shit every fucking game :)

They played what? 30 minutes together in pre season?

Whatever, pile on the shit I really can't say anything, I'd do the same.

BTW, I do think that if Dirk would've played tonight, Dallas would've lost. All the Dallas players were playing like they didn't give a f*ck, and that's also why they won tonight. Dirk most likely would've disrupted that offensive/defensive flow, plus also made defending the Mavs more predictable and easy. Gotta give credit to Carlisle, he went all out and let his guys play their game.

I can't either. Show was much better when it was just Ernie, Charles and Kenny.

Fucking Shaq opened his pie hole and said " The Diesel can bring something big to the show". Big fucking bully.

I have yet to hear him make a single decent comment about anything basketball related. He has just been saying stupid shit the entire time.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Ok ok ok.. let's look at some positives for a second here. And there actually were some.

- Kobe looks damn good. Especially for a guy with a foot injury. But then that's Bryant being Bryant.
- Dwight Howard, freethrows notwithstanding, did well for a dude who has only played 3 professional games since April. (He is not near his physical self yet though. Not even close...)
- Jordan Hill remains a steal.
- Pau Gasol looked pretty damn good.
- We can only get better.....
- Mike Brown will probably be fired before All-Star break.

I got nothing else. On to Portland.

BTW, I do think that if Dirk would've played tonight, Dallas would've lost. All the Dallas players were playing like they didn't give a f*ck, and that's also why they won tonight. Dirk most likely would've disrupted that offensive/defensive flow, plus also made defending the Mavs more predictable and easy. Gotta give credit to Carlisle, he went all out and let his guys play their game.

Dallas is going to be a good team. They'll be better when Dirk comes back. They're almost three deep at every position.

Dean Smith's system probably would still work because it utilized athletes.

The Princeton offense worked because it was different and in college there weren't as many athletic freaks and the way college ball is played. The NBA doesn't have any of that.

Everyone in the nba is athletic even Curry's fat ass..he's at least huge as fuck. So that means the cuts and shit have to be precise and crisp all the time...that takes too long.

Once again it's like trying to run the option offense in the NFL. Not gonna work...different levels. It "worked" for the Kings because they had the right pieces in Bibby, Webber and Divac and myriad of shooters.

YOU GUYS HAVE STEVE NASH.

I don't know why you are defending this shit.

It;s early yes but it looks dumb right now lol.

Just correcting Kenny is all. Didn't argue in favor of it.

I'm giving it some time. I was their second game together. Miami looked like shit for their first month together too.

Dwight looks way less mobile on d right now. And Nash has options to run pnr and. It Princeton. I think he's feeli td things out. I want the ball in his hands more.

I'm also a believer that Nash should play more with the bench. Take him out early in the first. Just have to wait. If things don't change I'll turn on brown. Not going to overreact after a single game.

Ok ok ok.. let's look at some positives for a second here. And there actually were some.

- Kobe looks damn good. Especially for a guy with a foot injury. But then that's Bryant being Bryant.
- Dwight Howard, freethrows notwithstanding, did well for a dude who has only played 3 professional games since April. (He is not near his physical self yet though. Not even close...)
- Jordan Hill remains a steal.
- Pau Gasol looked pretty damn good.
- We can only get better.....
- Mike Brown will probably be fired before All-Star break.

I got nothing else. On to Portland.

how is Mike Brown getting fired at All Star break a good thing? what was all the work for then learning the princeton if they just drop it?

no they will be even better with dirk and kaman.branduil must be proud.

Dwight looked like he didn't give a shit which is weird because this is what he wanted. He was playing hurt and being a cancer last season but never looked as bad as he did on defense tonight.

Dwight looked like he didn't give a shit which is weird because this is what he wanted. He was playing hurt and being a cancer last season but never looked as bad as he did on defense tonight.

He knows that with the Brow now in the league, there's no chance of him being the top defender in the NBA so why even try?

how is Mike Brown getting fired at All Star break a good thing? what was all the work for then learning the princeton if they just drop it?

Nash and Kobe are hosting secret after-hour practices with Phil. Brian Shaw teleconferences in.

Fish is in talks to come back as we speak.

Dwight isn't allowed to participate because they know his loud ass couldn't keep it low-key.

Keep it cool guys, help is on the way!

Darkman M

Dwight still damn near had a 20/10 night on a horrible night, Dwight will be fine Nash worries me though. I think Nash will come around though.

Dallas is going to be a good team. They'll be better when Dirk comes back. They're almost three deep at every position.

no they will be even better with dirk and kaman.branduil must be proud.

Oh, of that I have no doubt at all. Im talking about tonight's game. If Dirk would've been there, a lot of the offense would've run by him, making the Lakers defense a lot better and predictable than they were tonight (they didn't know who to guard!).

Good game for the Mavs, a lot of room for improvement for the Lakers, Kobe played ok and Gasol wasn't that bad. But they DO need a 3 pt spot up shooter, pronto! And their bench will get better with time (they better hope!).

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Andre Miller and Jason Kidd are mirror opposites when it comes to shooting: Kidd really good from three, terrible from inside, and Andre really good from inside, and terrible from three.

Top Bottom