• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

masud

Banned
LOL name calling in response to me calling out Curry for being bad at basketball? Eddy isn't on the KNicks anymore, no need to over value him.

Lol at Knick fans over valuing Eddy fucking Curry. Chars is right though Dwight has always had problems guarding Curry, trust us we actually watched those Knick games back then (unfortunately).

Why is this thread so large already? Damn...

etiolate

Banned
There's nothing wrong with the Princeton offense, but I'm not sure it fits Dwight. Or Kobe.

It de-emphasizes individual talent and the ability to break your man down one on one. With Nash, Kobe, Pau and Dwight, all they really need is some high screen n rolls.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Dwight still damn near had a 20/10 night on a horrible night, Dwight will be fine Nash worries me though. I think Nash will come around though.
It's MWP that worries me. That position is still trash, and won't be changing soon. I have faith that Nash will figure it out over time. Otherwise, the team looked totally out of rhythm out there.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
how is Mike Brown getting fired at All Star break a good thing? what was all the work for then learning the princeton if they just drop it?
Mike Brown being fired is always a good thing. No matter the circumstances.

However.. if the system is working well and everything.. let the man live another day I suppose. But if this shit persists, he needs to go. It's not even debatable. And better before All-Star break than after.

Can someone just make some Lakers-age thread? Im already tired about how bish made they are in here. Let's move along.

Yea, let's not talk about the most recent game involving one of the most anticipated teams featuring 4 All-Star Caliber players....cause that makes sense.

Lol at Knick fans over valuing Eddy fucking Curry. Chars is right though Dwight has always had problems guarding Curry, trust us we actually watched those Knick games back then (unfortunately).

Why is this thread so large already? Damn...

Tmac had good games against currently good players 4-7 years ago too, bringing that up now is pretty much meaningless.

AMONG THE MANY THINGS EDDY CURRY EATS, INCLUDED IN THAT STOCKPILE ARE DICKS, TONS OF DICKS.

2547946_o.gif

Yea, let's not talk about the most recent game involving one of the most anticipated teams featuring 4 All-Star Caliber players....cause that makes sense.

Tmac had good games against currently good players 4-7 years ago too, bringing that up now is pretty much meaningless.

It was brought up for the people who are shocked to see Curry giving Dwight the business in the post, nothing more.

masud

Banned
LOL name calling in response to me calling out Curry for being bad at basketball? Eddy isn't on the KNicks anymore, no need to over value him.

Lol Why does it need meaning? Bringing up the fact that historically Dwight couldn't guard Curry while they're playing each other is definitely relevant though, I don't get your point. Imma leave you alone though cause you u seem kinda salty right now.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yeah people really need to get off this "Eddy Curry beasted on yo boy!" bullshit now... it is so overtly manufactured it's not even funny.

Canuck76

Banned
Let's move on from talking about how good Eddy Curry is

God what are those commercials with Lebron and people congratulating him?

The hell is this, grade school? You have to make a frigging commercial of people congratulating you? From your own charity organization? What in the hell?

God your such an amateur. You try so hard to get people to like you, you do all this crap for a community. Then you run away when you can't get it done to your bff's who are also all emo about not winning. You'll even get paid less to try win a championship.

And your such a sponge, you take all this praise but it's never enough. You have to make a commercial of kid's praising you, kids randomly wanting to see your ring. We know that's not true. Most everybody, man, woman and child were giving you the finger wherever they saw you. You win one ring you think your the next thing? Screw you. You haven't even started yet. Meanwhile Kobe's making hay and looking to add a 6th or 7th. Oh, and he's actually in a position to look for better teammates because he's not in his prime, like you were when you pussed out and left a team that won the most games in a season.

I don't care if this is Nike, Samsung, whoever this is get this garbage off the screen.

masud

Banned
Yeah people really need to get off this "Eddy Curry beasted on yo boy!" bullshit now... it is so overtly manufactured it's not even funny.

I didn't see the game, I was just saying that Chars wasn't over valuing Curry just stating facts. Nobody in this league can guard Curry one on one in the post, any sort of help though and everything falls apart.... And based on the reactions its getting, it is quite funny.

charsace

Lol Why does it need meaning? Bringing up the fact that historically Dwight couldn't guard Curry while they're playing each other is definitely relevant though, I don't get your point. Imma leave you alone though cause you u seem kinda salty right now.

He is salty. McCurry's fat ass was getting deep position with ease against Anyone that was one him. That luxury tax defense shining through.

The hell is this, grade school? You have to make a frigging commercial of people congratulating you? From your own charity organization? What in the hell?

God your such an amateur. You try so hard to get people to like you, you do all this crap for a community. Then you run away when you can't get it done to your bff's who are also all emo about not winning. You'll even get paid less to try win a championship.

And your such a sponge, you take all this praise but it's never enough. You have to make a commercial of kid's praising you, kids randomly wanting to see your ring. We know that's not true. Most everybody, man, woman and child were giving you the finger wherever they saw you. You win one ring you think your the next thing? Screw you. You haven't even started yet. Meanwhile Kobe's making hay and looking to add a 6th or 7th. Oh, and he's actually in a position to look for better teammates because he's not in his prime, like you were when you pussed out and left a team that won the most games in a season.

I don't care if this is Nike, Samsung, whoever this is get this garbage off the screen.

You really gotta learn the difference between your and you're. And we rather talk about Mr. Curry.

Your criticism of LeBron doesn't even have to do with anything on the court. You need to see a therapist so you can vent.

Final thoughts:

The offense looked good for Pau and Kobe

Dwight looks slow but still got 19 & 10 despite 3/14 FTs

Lakers offense stagnated from the terrible FTs.

Nash needs to be more aggressive. He will. He's feeling out the kinks.

MWP cannot play 35 min if he's shooting 1/8. The FTs and his shooting is what hurt them

Thought Jamison played fine and should have taken more of Ron's minutes.

Hill looked good when not at the FT line, too. Blake is still our weakest spot, nothing we can do there.

All in all, not worried yet. With more normal FT shooting, Dwight rounding into shape, and the rest it will come together I think. Will take at least a month to get through this

images

Lakers are going to be the worst foul shooting team in the league with Dwight, get used to it

I understand that much. But how does this relate to 39% FT shooting?

Kobe, Nash, Pau are all 80%+ As are guys like Blake and Meeks with Jamison over 70%. Hill is better than what he showed today. MWP is all over the map but still over 60%.

Even with Dwight's 3/14, this doesn't excuse the rest of the team. When I say "normal" I don't mean top tier NBA. I mean...65% as a team. That would be 7 more points tonight.

I understand that much. But how does this relate to 39% FT shooting?

Kobe, Nash, Pau are all 80%+ As are guys like Blake and Meeks with Jamison over 70%. Hill is better than what he showed today. MWP is all over the map but still over 60%.

Even with Dwight's 3/14, this doesn't excuse the rest of the team. When I say "normal" I don't mean top tier NBA. I mean...65% as a team. That would be 7 more points tonight.

Losing by 1 point would have been awesome.

Top Bottom