• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

linsivvi

how is Mike Brown getting fired at All Star break a good thing? what was all the work for then learning the princeton if they just drop it?

You realize that Mike Brown doesn't know a thing about Princeton, right? It's not like Eddie Jordan has never coached a playoff team before.

Vandiger

You realize that Mike Brown doesn't know a thing about Princeton, right? It's not like Eddie Jordan has never coached a playoff team before.

fns.gif

The biggest surprise tonight was Brandan Wright. Dude has been certified a bust way too quick, he can ball. His rebounding is still suspect but he's an offensive and shot blocking machine.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Lakers' 12-for-31 shooting from the line, according to Elias, is worst single-game showing by any team w/at least 30 FT attempts since 1985

But i shouldn't complain about the FT shooting?

ha Metta I see why you keep thinking you are the PG on this team.

mcten Dave McMenamin
Metta World Peace doesn’t like the word ‘chemistry’… MWP: “Chemistry blows stuff up … How about ‘love’ and ‘togetherness’?”

So how does Dallas change when Dirk and Kaman return? Brand mostly stayed around the elbow, so if you sub him for Dirk as a starter that should greatly stretch the front court. These young guards can use that spacing a lot better than our old team last year. I was pleased to see minimal mistakes from our backcourt. Mayo had a bad night, but his role would be better served as a receiver from Dirk out from a double team.

linsivvi

Thats all Dwight and Jordan Hill and should be consistently expected. Ain't changing. Won't always be THAT awful, but it'll usually be bad.

You're missing his point, that this game is an outlier. He expected bad but this is historically bad. For it to happen again you would need Dwight and Hill shoot way below their already bad averages and Nash and Kobe shoot 0 FT.

Kamen isn't trash, though his medical history is. You have to realize that Dallas has a much lower bar for centers. Kamen is a 7 footer with good post-moves and a good midrange shot. His interior defense has degraded, but he's easily the best offensive center they've ever had. Curry showed up today, but I'm not ready to count on him yet.

masud

Banned
The league pass mobile app is much better this year. I no longer lag while watching replay at 4 in the morning and the audio is not 5 seconds ahead of the video.

And yall were wrong about waiters, kid is gonna be a good pro.

Smokey

Rockets season opener tonight after a big trade and nobody will be able to watch it because of no fucks given Comcast sports network. The only provider who gets the new channel is herp, comcast subscribers. So that means you can't even go to a bar to watch the game since everybody has directv, dish, or even u verse.

Such bs. If I have league pass tho will I be able to watch the game on Detroit's local broadcast?

Cavs-Wizards was the best game of opening day.

Most players have two or three different speeds they play at, Kyrie has like ten or twelve, it's awesome.

I agree, it was a fun game to watch, especially in the first quarter. Kyrie is a future top 10 player. Cavs fans have no right to complain after being gifted a player that good after Lebron. He was going up against AJ Price, but he impacts the game in so many ways it doesn't make that much difference who's guarding him, although I'm sure Wall would have been more effective.

Also, I liked what I saw out of the Wizards last night. For most of the game they hung with the Cavs, and that's without their two best players and their best bench player. Beal started out hot and cooled down once Crawful came in and got his ynot game on. That dude either needs to be traded or have his minutes cut to like 15/game.

I agree, it was a fun game to watch, especially in the first quarter. Kyrie is a future top 10 player. Cavs fans have no right to complain after being gifted a player that good after Lebron. He was going up against AJ Price, but he impacts the game in so many ways it doesn't make that much difference who's guarding him, although I'm sure Wall would have been more effective.

Also, I liked what I saw out of the Wizards last night. For most of the game they hung with the Cavs, and that's without their two best players and their best bench player. Beal started out hot and cooled down once Crawful came in and got his ynot game on. That dude either needs to be traded or have his minutes cut to like 15/game.

While I know what you're saying, as a Cav's fan my reply is...

Lebron >>>>>>>>>Kyrie

I mean are we really going to compare a God to a gifted PG?

K-19

Banned
Heh, I can't stop laughing after that Lakers-Mavs game.

Superteam = Fail?

I think it's a health problem. Dwight Howard with his back and Kobe Bryant with his right foot, they played safe. There are 81 games to go, so they'll get in the rhythm for sure.

Yea, Crawford already hurt Walls growth the second he started getting minutes, and he's going to take advatange of Beals team approach to the game as well apparently. Sad thing is that Price looks like Crawford 2.0 with all of those bad shots.

Wittmans rotations were a joke also.

Not really sure what to expect from this season.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I feel bad for LA bball fans. How can the same city employ the two worst head coaches in the last 15-20 years of the NBA?

That said if Kobe is honestly going to stay around 14-18 shots a game? I have much higher expectations for this season than I would have with his usual 24ish.

Top Bottom