• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Howard has a ways to go athletically. Dude is not in shape but we are used to centers playing themselves into shape in LakerLand. Not worried about that at all to be honest. Nash not looking like himself is way more worrysome. Some of that has to do with lack of chemistry/familiarity, which I'm sure will get better. The bench is just bad though.

Should be interesting to see if the Lakers starters can hold up for a whole season.

Howard has a ways to go athletically. Dude is not in shape but we are used to centers playing themselves into shape in LakerLand. Not worried about that at all to be honest. Nash not looking like himself is way more worrysome. Some of that has to do with lack of chemistry/familiarity, which I'm sure will get better. The bench is just bad though.

I was expecting rust and awkwardness.

Should improve with time.

oh no....the Lakers won't go 82-0......

They have work to do....

I have a feeling they will look like a completely different team by playoff time....They have too much potential and talent not to.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I was expecting rust and awkwardness.

Should improve with time.

Yep, though I would've liked to see a win and them at least looking somewhat competent. Though with them having a grand total of 2 games together I'm not surprised. Also would have liked to see Ebanks get some burn.

cashman

Banned
Lakers-age: This is only one game. The Lakers will almost certainly hit their stride and be the 1 seed going into the playoffs.

Lakers-age: Your team just got clowned on by the Plan B Mavs team without Dirk. HUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUA

charsace

He's a year a way from being the old Howard. He looks fucking deflated.

Shotcrook must have cotton real hard watching the Lakers's old perimeter. He's gonna tear that shit up like my cousin would tear up a piece of ass when he's released from jail.

mikeborwnwhat_1.gif

Darkman M

Starting unit is fine. They will only get better with more time playing together. The bench is beyond awful though...
Hill looked good off the bench, missed free throws though. Kobe was really the only starter that looked like he knew what the fuck was going in, shit defense is really what the name if this game was though.

I have a feeling they will look like a completely different team by playoff time....They have too much potential and talent not to.

I had faith in this when Phil was around. With Mike Brown? Not so much. They will definitely get better though. Like I said, the big problem is the bench, which will linger no matter how comfortable Nash/Pau/Dwight/Kobe get with each other.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yeah.. so.. umm... that was fucking embarrassing. This isn't pre-season anymore fellas.....

I'm trying desperately to wrap my head around that freethrow disparity between the teams and how we managed to miss so many of them.... wow. Woooooooooow O____O

Yeah, I just kind of want to forget about this game. Where are the Men in Black when you need them.

Cloudy

Banned
If you can't give him the ball and tell him to just do his thing, why freakin' play him? Not for his defense, that's for sure! Dwight should never be getting post-up plays! Especially with his poor ft shooting

FREE NASH

If he wasn't any good and his team had no talent, they wouldn't have finished one game out of the playoffs in the West last year, did you watch or follow the Suns at all last year?

I'm pretty sure they were three games out of the playoffs in a shortened season.

Signs of a good team. With such hall-of-famers as Marcin Gortat and a bunch of other mediocre players and has-beens.

Weren't people here arguing me down about how the Lakers were gonna come out the gate guns blazing "cuz alot of teams do it" and "they just fit so good together"?

You have a pretty shitty definition of "outplayed". Dwight had a better game than I was expecting all things considered. Sucked at the FT line and picked cheap fouls.

No need to be salty about it. I was just kidding.

Still, I expected the Lakers to rout the Mavs, and for the Mavs to come out and play the way they did, all of a sudden they looked like a team that had been together for quite a few years and not a few weeks. I have no doubt that the Lakers will be 1st or 2nd seed on the West, but if the Lakers play like today (they looked old and tired by the beginning of the 4th quarter) on the playoffs, they will be get beaten all around the court by the Thunder. And of course, Im basing this on tonight's performance only.

charsace

Tell us more about the dynamo, Eddy Curry.

lol don't act like a bitch. Its the truth. He's played against Dwight a few times in his career and tore him up. He just did to Dwight what any other big centers that have post games have done to him throughout his entire career; he went in. Just like Pau went in on him a few years ago.

Weren't people here arguing me down about how the Lakers were gonna come out the gate guns blazing "cuz alot of teams do it" and "they just fit so good together"?
For all of chucks bitching about not pushing it, brown has given Nash the decision to push whenever he wants. It's when he chooses not to that they go Princeton or pnr. Again his choice.

Top Bottom