• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

giri

I was telling my buddy last year that Harden was the second best player on OKC. He didn't buy it for a second. I know it's just been one game, but there was really no doubt that he would thrive on the additional touches. Harden gets to the rim whenever he wants, or you foul him and he drains his FTs. Simple as that.

The crazy thing about him is that he was okay with coming off the bench. He didn't complain. He realized that he could come off and be an instant spark on offense, dominating the opponent's second team. OKC should have amnestied Perkins and gone all in on Harden, but what's done is done.

I wish him the absolute best success in Houston. He deserves it.

Should have Maxed Harden

Traded YNB & Perkins for LMA. Or for Pekovic, or Milsap.

Started Maynor.

Should have Maxed Harden

Traded YNB & Perkins for LMA. Or for Pekovic, or Milsap.

Started Maynor.

While I agree that I'd keep Harden over Why Not if I had to make that trade off, they could have easily kept both. Less money for Ibaka and then amnesty Perkins. Solved.

Not to mention I'm going to be playing YNB defense force member #1 this season. I absolutely love his game, warts and all. He dropped 43 against Miami in the finals in one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. And he's going to get even better.

Keeping all three was doable and should have happened. The had better chemistry than the big three in Miami, better attitudes, were younger, and we're going to win a title, damnit. This was greed and the first big misstep I've seen the Thunder front office make. Hope what they got in return is worth it.

While I agree that I'd keep Harden over Why Not if I had to make that trade off, they could have easily kept both. Less money for Ibaka and then amnesty Perkins. Solved.

Not to mention I'm going to be playing YNB defense force member #1 this season. I absolutely love his game, warts and all. He dropped 43 against Miami in the finals in one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. And he's going to get even better.

Keeping all three was doable and should have happened. The had better chemistry than the big three in Miami, better attitudes, were younger, and we're going to win a title, damnit. This was greed and the first big misstep I've seen the Thunder front office make. Hope what they got in return is worth it.
Kevin Martin, J Lamb, and future flexability were not worth Harden in my opinion. Dude did so much more than just score in OKC...

giri

They need front court scoring desperately or the heat can just repeat last year upon them... endlessley. They need to be able to force them to go big.

linsivvi

They can't keep Ibaka if they pay him less because he would just wait till RFA to find a better offer. The point is it's silly to keep Ibaka over Harden, and they can easily keep both by just waiving Perkins.

The team wasn't even struggling financially and were already making money and will make even more now that they've made it to the Final.

Top Bottom