• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nelo Ice

Banned
How many teams would have given Bynum the max?

Bad teams are willing to overpay a player from good team great point

If Bynum was a free agent last season he would have been the first guy off the market based on how teams were willing to hilariously overpay Hibbert and the Nets with Lopez and well any big who has shown some level of competence.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Also article on Ibaka
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...ove-thunder-continue-contend-nba-championship

The best big-man defenders have a sense of timing and space that borders on basketball genius — an understanding of when to give help, how far to slide over, when they've helped enough, and how the other nine players are about to move around the floor. Serge Ibaka hasn't developed that kind of sense, and whether he does so might be the single biggest variable that will determine the balance of power in the NBA over the next three to five years.

It was true before the James Harden trade, and it's probably even more true now: Ibaka is the most important player in the league. The Thunder have made a long-term bet that two wings and one big man is a better big-money core than three wings and a patchwork of cost-effective bigs. The Harden–Russell Westbrook–Kevin Durant trio would have always presented some redundancies, but they are all more or less sure All-Star talents. Ibaka, despite the astounding shot blocks and bogus runner-up finish in last season's Defensive Player of the Year voting, isn't at that level. He has to at least approach it for the Thunder to remain title contenders this season and going forward.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Already going in on Bron's hairline.

goddam

iUSNxGBImsbYT.gif

ibjua8l3Lgy2LO.gif

Feel like I'd rather have Kobe sit out the 1st two games this year. But he says he's probably playing.

its just unreal that we also have Nash AND Dwight, both of which are team leaders on their own. i also hope Kobe plays it safe, and this season, he can afford to.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Best succinct summary of why this is a disaster for the Thunder. They really blew it, they closed the window on themselves for absolutely no good reason.

How many teams would have given Bynum the max?

Bad teams are willing to overpay a player from good team great point

Thats irrelevant.

Harden is a max player. Thats what he would have gotten on the open market. From 20 different teams. To say that hes not a max player blatantly goes against the fact that hes a max player. Based on production alone and just ignoring the actual market - he's still a max player.

And Harden isn't going to break down at any possible second like Bynum.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If Bynum was a free agent last season he would have been the first guy off the market based on how teams were willing to hilariously overpay Hibbert and the Nets with Lopez and well any big who has shown some level of competence.
That's the point just because 15 teams are willing to pay doesn't mean that the player is worth the max

LeBron, little Kyrie, D12, and Kevin Durant with some trash #2 will be our starting 5 in 2014. Mitchdagod already decided.

You remind of a little pocket dog that gets excited and pees everywhere

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Best succinct summary of why this is a disaster for the Thunder. They really blew it, they closed the window on themselves for absolutely no good reason.

Thats irrelevant.

Harden is a max player. Thats what he would have gotten on the open market. From 20 different teams. To say that hes not a max player blatantly goes against the fact that hes a max player. Based on production alone and just ignoring the actual market - he's still a max player.

And Harden isn't going to break down at any possible second like Bynum.

Not irrelevant because he really ain't a max player

He will have his chance to prove me wrong in Houston

I will be the first to admit I am wrong if he plays close to his contract

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Checking in while watching the ring ceremony for the Heat. This is awesome. The bad guys won, and I'm loving it.

Ninjas in Paris on the speakers.

Shit got cray.

Top Bottom