• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
AquMBRtCEAAXS4b.jpg:large

That's Jimmy Butler's toy by the beanie baby.

The M.O.B

Does relying on the 3-ball ever lead to success in the playoffs?

I can remember last year the Spurs were amazing from 3 all season long........until playoffs.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Would be brutal if Melo costs the Knicks the game with his shitty decision making while trying to wind down the clock.

Emwitus

The fact that boston kept this game relatively close despite the 3 point shooting should be a little moral victory for him. Novak was alien out there.

I can remember last year the Spurs were amazing from 3 all season long........until playoffs.

Um all the fucking time? The 3 pt shot is an incredible weapon in the modern NBA. Did you watch Dallas win last year?

But beyond that, I hate this logic. Its very boxscore-centric. Good spacing and ball movement is what matters, not the quantity of 3s, inside shots, long 2s etc...the stats will skew depending on whether those shots were open or not.

fuck the refs for letting us not have a potential blowout

regardless, novak, jr smith, chandler and of course melo performed extremely well tonight. great game and a great win

smh if its a repeat of Knicks and the Celtics in the first round

i still want to see Knicks/Heat or Knicks/Bulls but the RIP6ers and magic are about to make it happen

Srsly

Banned

Championship Rockets, Lakers, Spurs....

Steve Kerr, Robert Horry, etc.

Relying on contested 3s is a bad idea, but having a deadeye 3 point shooter or two to spread the floor is very important for teams with championship aspirations. Which is why Shane Battier and Mike Miller (or someone else) need to shoot the 3 consistently in the playoffs for Miami to win.

Top Bottom