• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

BiVrH.jpg

Vince Mcmahon Has not aged well.

There are tons of threads on GAF centered on irrelevant subjects:

So, not going to address his softness (the softness of the league overall) then? If I were in your shoes, I would be bringing up the shadyness of how the whole league is ran but we aren't even talking about that so why would I...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So, not going to address his softness (the softness of the league overall) then? If I were in your shoes, I would be bringing up the shadyness of how the whole league is ran but we aren't even talking about that so why would I...

Can you fucking leave the thread already?

A mid season episode of "Don't trust the B_____ in Apt 23" had twice as many viewers as The Stanley Cup finals.

In all fairness I hear that show is a tolerable watch.

Hey guys, how about that James Harden? Seems like my "OKC doesn't have a legit 3rd guy, Harden ain't enough, they won't win the title with just WB and KD" prediction was way off.

Game 1: 2/6
Game 3: 2/10
Game 4: 2/10
With a combined +/- of negative 4 million.

Can't believe this shit team got to the finals and even worse is they're handing LeBron his first ring, which really I don't mind as he deserves it... it's asshole flopping Wade getting his 2nd that bothers me. Lakers would've crushed the Heat. Bynum would have dominated the inside. Heat got nobody to defend him. Add in Kobe, Pau, and stifling D from Metta and the Lakers win in 6. What a joke.

Hey guys, how about that James Harden? Seems like my "OKC doesn't have a legit 3rd guy, Harden ain't enough, they won't win the title with just WB and KD" prediction was way off.

Game 1: 2/6
Game 3: 2/10
Game 4: 2/10
With a combined +/- of negative 4 million.

Can't believe this shit team got to the finals and even worse is they're handing LeBron his first ring, which really I don't mind as he deserves it... it's asshole flopping Wade getting his 2nd that bothers me. Lakers would've crushed the Heat. Bynum would have dominated the inside. Heat got nobody to defend him. Add in Kobe, Pau, and stifling D from Metta and the Lakers win in 6. What a joke.

GTFO.

Are you mad because it got you excited?

Take that back! The only naked male body that excites Kado is mine.

"BESTgaf" joke goes over even more heads.

Get mad at Vire for being a douche, shit up the NBA thread then complain. Great.

I'll be as respectful as possible when posting in the NHL thread and try not to derail it, but if someone comes in here trying to dish shit then I'll dish back.

Keep your NHL talk in the NHL thread, we already have to deal with enough stupid shit with Heavy, vilam, vire, Lark and so on.

Vire

Hah wow, Lebron was asked if he shut off his phone so that he's free of distractions from family and friends and he said "they wouldn't dare get in my way".

Dude is on a mission.

I won't argue that.

Some people take longer to mature.

Which goes to the heart of someone being worthy enough to be placed in the top echelon of greats of all time. And it isn't about maturing, its about wanting to win more than anything else and having that be a part of your very being.

Vire

Which goes to the heart of someone being worthy enough to be placed in the top echelon of greats of all time. And it isn't about maturing, its about wanting to win more than anything else and having that be a part of your very being.

Lebron's legacy has yet to be defined. He has a long road ahead of him. (Michael was 27 when he got his first, same age as Lebron would be this year). That's why it's kinda silly to talk about greats of all time.

Let's win one first...

Lebron's legacy has yet to be defined. He has a long road ahead of him. (Michael was 27 when he got his first, same age as Lebron would be this year). That's why it's kinda silly to talk about greats of all time.

Let's win one first...

It's not about age, its about number of years in the league... By his 9th season in the league MJ had won 3 rings...

Kobe's entire life is basketball. He doesn't have any friends, he doesn't party it up every night, he lives and breathes the sport. LeBron spent the past 9 years being an immature kid and not 100% dedicated to the game. Only now has he reached his peak.

Speaking of years in the league vs actual age.

How do you guys think Bron will fair after he loses a step or two. Can he prolong his sports life with his post game? Will he be playing in his mid 30s? If so at what capacity?

Let's win one first...

You realize LBJ has been in the league 9 years right.

Vire

It's not about age, its about number of years in the league... By his 9th season in the league MJ had won 3 rings...

Who says? It's all about age, that's the ticking clock on how much time he has left. (a lot)

Jordan was 35 when he got his last chip. That's a whole 8 years from now for Lebron.

Also, MJ was fortunate enough to be in a position to win on his first team. Jordan didn't do it alone, he had hall of fame greats like Pippen, Rodman, Kerr. Lebron was surrounded by Anderson Varejao, Antoine Jamison, and Dalante West... Not exactly comparable is it?

Now that Lebron is surrounded by talent, like Jordan was, he's in a position to win. I'm not saying he'll win as many as Jordan, but he could be up there at least.

Who says? It's all about age, that's the ticking clock on how much time he has left. (a lot)

Jordan was 35 when he got his last chip. That's a whole 8 years from now for Lebron.

Also, MJ was fortunate enough to be in a position to win on his first team. Jordan didn't do it alone, he had hall of fame greats like Pippen, Rodman, Kerr. Lebron was surrounded by Anderson Varejao, Antoine Jamison, and Dalante West... Not exactly comparable is it?

Now that Lebron is surrounded by talent, like Jordan was, he's in a position to win.

Umm MJ also skipped almost 2 years... LeBron isn't going to play baseball anytime soon.
It's all about the number of years in the league. College players don't play 82 games a season. One NBA season is about three full seasons in college ball. Players who come into the league at 18 are going to put more minutes and stress on their body in 1.5 seasons than a four year college player coming in at 22 years old.

Now that Lebron is surrounded by talent, like Jordan was, he's in a position to win. I'm not saying he'll win as many as Jordan, but he could be up there at least.

what

Now that Lebron is surrounded by talent, like Jordan was, he's in a position to win.

Logging NBA from 18 on tends to age your knees and legs, but Bron is a freak of nature.

If and when he loses some quickness he better hope his J isn't as shakey as it is now or he'll be Joe Johnson good in his 30s

Vire

One of the greatest three point shooters of all time. You got a problem with it?

Logging NBA from 18 on tends to age your knees and legs, but Bron is a freak of nature.

If and when he loses some quickness he better hope his J isn't as shakey as it is now or he'll be Joe Johnson good in his 30s

Maybe, but we'll see.

Kobe is what 33 now? He won his last chip 2 years ago and he joined the league at just as young of an age and I would argue he isn't built as well to sustain hits as Lebron is.

He's still got it.

giri

Its always been about years in the league.

One of the greatest three point shooters of all time. You got a problem with it?

Maybe, but we'll see.

Kobe is what 33 now? He won his last chip 2 years ago and he joined the league at just as young of an age and I would argue he isn't built as well to sustain hits as Lebron is.

He's still got it.

What? Kobe is built even better to sustain it plus he is a freak when it comes to staying in shape and treating his body like a temple. LeBron is like a line backer. He weighs more which means he puts more stress/pressure on his body every time he plays, jumps, lands, etc.

Top Bottom